Thanks for nothing RCI

Just an FYI....we are Emerald level RCI cruisers. In early August we reserved a cruise on Freedom OTS for April 2015. At that time they were offering the buy one/50% off second passenger. We also received the $125 balcony discount for our Emerald level.

Yesterday I received an email discussing this same offer only including a $100 on board credit. I contacted Crown & Anchor this morning to see if we could get the OBC. We could, however, they would delete the $125 balcony discount at the same time. Seriously? Are you kidding me? :(

Just an FYI....we are Emerald level RCI cruisers. In early August we reserved a cruise on Freedom OTS for April 2015. At that time they were offering the buy one/50% off second passenger. We also received the $125 balcony discount for our Emerald level.

Yesterday I received an email discussing this same offer only including a $100 on board credit. I contacted Crown & Anchor this morning to see if we could get the OBC. We could, however, they would delete the $125 balcony discount at the same time. Seriously? Are you kidding me? :(

The WOW OBC has not been combinable with C&A perks for years.

As I understand it the WOW program is for new bookings. You would have to see if cancelling and re-booking would be a better overall price or not. You may already have the better deal. But it would be an "either / or" situation, which is common.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

You obviously booked a rate you were happy with so why get upset with rules that have been in place for a very long time.

Guess you didn't read the "fine print" http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=ww_gst_tctclp_wws_hm_cntntr_6460&pagename=wow_sale

When I booked through the Buy One, Get 50% off Second, couldn't use the $125 since there were no balconies left and there was no OBC offered. Doubtful that I could get the OBC credit now but, so it goes.

The WOW OBC has not been combinable with C&A perks for years.

After reading the responses I'm confused. We booked a cruise for April 2015 while we were on Allure in May during the BOGOHO offers. We received the balcony discount, the BOGOHO AND $100 onboard credit. Should we have NOT received the balcony discount? I don't think I understood the responses.

After reading the responses I'm confused. We booked a cruise for April 2015 while we were on Allure in May during the BOGOHO offers. We received the balcony discount, the BOGOHO AND $100 onboard credit. Should we have NOT received the balcony discount? I don't think I understood the responses.

The C&A balcony discount and C&A booking on board OBC are combinable with each other and with the BOGOHO.

The WOW OBC is not combinable with C&A perks.

I know it's confusing, but that is the world of Royal bookings.

Edited by clarea

Booking onboard gives you some extra savings or deals that you do not get if booking online or over the phone.

You got what you were suppose to get.

The C&A balcony discount and C&A booking on board OBC are combinable with each other and with the BOGOHO.

The WOW OBC is not combinable with C&A perks.

I know it's confusing, but that is the world of Royal bookings.

I guess I'll just book all future cruises while onboard!! Thanks

I guess I'll just book all future cruises while onboard!! Thanks

OBC is different also when booking a specific cruise on board.

Here is the new OBC structure when booking on board:

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when creating an Open Booking on board (formerly known as a NextCruise booking).

OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise

5-7 days ........... $25

8-10 days ......... $50

11-14 days........ $75

15 + days...........$100

Effective March 15, 2014, the new OBC amounts when booking a Next Cruise on board (formerly known as a Future Cruise booking).

OBC is per cabin.

Length of

Cruise ............... Interior.............. Oceanview.............. Balcony .............. Suite*

5-7 days .............. $25 ..................... $50 ...................... $100 ................. $200

8-10 days ............ $50..................... $100...................... $150.................. $250

11-14 days........... $75 .................... $150 .................... $200....................$300

15 + days ........... $100.................... $200...................... $250...................$400

*Includes JS cabins and above

Are they kidding you? Nope...not in the least

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

to book a cruise, then selected a ship, a sailing date and the price was right, you made a decision to buy it. At the time you were, probably quite happy. So if the seller (RCI) makes a decision to offer the same product at a later date, you were once happy and now you are not?

Sorry, but I buy a loaf of bread today and it goes on sale tomorrow, maybe I should have waited a day, but at the time, I made a personal buying decision.

It is often times referred to as the free marketplace.

RCCL is doing nothing right to keep their loyal customers. I am Diamond Plus and really loved all my cruises with RCCL. But when they advertise a sale that includes OBC, and then as Diamond Plus, you can't use your balcony discount, I don't think it is right. Everyone gets the sale, but only those who are loyal get the added discounts. But you can't use it with the sale. HUH????

I had a 5 night cruise on the Vision of the Seas booked for 10/4. It was going to cost $1006pp. And that was with my balcony discount. The balcony discount was higher then the OBC. I could not use both.

I cancelled this cruise and jumped ship to Princess. A 5 night cruise on the Caribbean Princess for 9/29 is costing $454PP plus we are getting $75 each as OBC. It really was a no brainer to switch. Plus the prices came down after final payment, and they gave it to me. Really?? This will be my 5th time on Princess. It may be my new cruise line of choice.

Of course I will go back on RCCL if the price is right.

I love RCCL but I am not going to be loyal anymore. Sorry RCCL

This will be my 5th time on Princess. It may be my new cruise line of choice.

Of course I will go back on RCCL if the price is right.

I love RCCL but I am not going to be loyal anymore. Sorry RCCL

Love to dance:p

Caribbean Princess 9/29/50

Caribbean Princess 5/19/14

Independence of the Seas 3/1/14

I like that you have already scheduled a 2050 sailing. ;) I may not live so long.

RCCL is doing nothing right to keep their loyal customers. I am Diamond Plus and really loved all my cruises with RCCL. But when they advertise a sale that includes OBC, and then as Diamond Plus, you can't use your balcony discount, I don't think it is right. Everyone gets the sale, but only those who are loyal get the added discounts. But you can't use it with the sale. HUH????

I had a 5 night cruise on the Vision of the Seas booked for 10/4. It was going to cost $1006pp. And that was with my balcony discount. The balcony discount was higher then the OBC. I could not use both.

When booking a cruise from home you can only have 1 C&A benefit. You can select OBC or Balcony Discount. It's been this way since December 31, 2009. Effective June 1, 2010 when booking a cruise on board you are allowed 2 C&A benefits.

As PC C&A Members we get the same benefits that you as a D+ Member get. We have to follow the same rules when it comes to the Terms & Conditions of the particular sale and what benefits we are allowed take and the ones that are not. It is what it is.:D

Yes I know their rules. At this point I guess I am not happy with some of the rules. I will still cruise with RCCL, but I now will also cruise with Princess. Will I try other cruise lines?? Maybe. I know what I like and I know what I am willing to pay for it.

Happy cruising

Irene

Ok, I have a little time here, however, when on my cruise I decide I would like to rebook another cruise, balcony, I get 100.00 OBC.....! Anything else? Any discount on deposit or off the amount of the cruise?

When re-booking on board with Disney, their "perks" are 200.00 OBC, 10% off the cruise you are booking and 50% off deposit.

New with Royal, just trying to figure out how Royal works.

:) thanks

Ok, I have a little time here, however, when on my cruise I decide I would like to rebook another cruise, balcony, I get 100.00 OBC.....! Anything else? Any discount on deposit or off the amount of the cruise?

When re-booking on board with Disney, their "perks" are 200.00 OBC, 10% off the cruise you are booking and 50% off deposit.

First off, make sure that you sign up for the Crown & Anchor Society Loyalty Program sometime during your first cruise.

When you book a cruise while on board the OBC will be determined by the number of nights as I have referenced in my previous post on the first page.

When booking on board you will get a reduced deposit of $100pp unless you decide to book a Grand Suite or higher and then you would have to pay a full deposit which would be doubled.

Here is a link to the Crown & Anchor Member's Benefits http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do

And here is the link to balcony discounts when you reach Platinum Level Current C&A Balcony Discounts With New OBC Amounts Effective 3/15/2014

Here is also a Current Listing of Exclusive Onboard Offers by C&A Level

Hope this helps.

Edited by cruisenfever

With Royal, you get on board credit and reduced deposit. No discount on the cruise. All staterooms JS and under can be booked for $100 deposit per person. Other staterooms require full deposit.

Edited by clarea