first cruise ventura September

Judpau

Hi

We are new to cruising but have booked Ventura in September worried its going to be alot of children on board by some reviews travel agent told us it would be ok as out of term time. Just need some positive feedback please but honest also.

:):(

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The best place for all the P&O info you will ever need is the portion of Cruise Critic devoted to P&O, located here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

If you are sailing in September, I would expect kids to be in school, but maybe I am missing something.

The last time we were on Ventura or her sister ship Azura ( get them muddled occasionally!), it was in term time, and there were 7 children on board. Most schools are back in the first week of September, and it's against the law to take children out of school. I have been on one of the ships in a school holiday, and hardly noticed them because of the kid's clubs.

Enjoy a beautiful ship. :)

Thanks for that yes have seen some good reviews as well as a few bad but looking forward to our first time just learning what to wear etc and main thing sea sickness. Learning alot from this forum great advice.

The last time we were on Ventura or her sister ship Azura ( get them muddled occasionally!), it was in term time, and there were 7 children on board. Most schools are back in the first week of September, and it's against the law to take children out of school. I have been on one of the ships in a school holiday, and hardly noticed them because of the kid's clubs.

Enjoy a beautiful ship. :)

Here in the states it is not against the law to take children out of school to go on vacation.

How it is handled in each state and each school district is a different matter.

First job I was a school teacher.

Thanks, KK...my first job, too! ;)

But as the OP is on Ventura, the likelihood is that she's from the UK or Ireland, or a nearby country, and UK rules are strict....:rolleyes:

Judpau....being with P&O, there is a dress code which is well kept- that is, on the 2 formal nights a week, people dress up quite a lot...women in evening clothes, but not necessarily long frocks, and men wear either a dinner jacket or suit and tie. You can miss this and eat in the buffet, where the rules don't hold, but there's one or two venues on board where you won't be admitted unless you're in formal dress.

Sea sickness...she's a massive ship, and pretty stable. Try Boots for Stugeron, Kwells or their own brand. I've only met a few who are unwell on the big ships, but my husband can feel a little queasy sometimes in the Bay of Biscay...he listens to the captain's announcements, then takes a tablet. Reception will sell you tablets, and if you do have a bad spell, there's an injection down in the medical centre. it's fairly unlikely, though.

Have a wonderful time! :D

there will be a very limited number of school age children onboard. There maybe some younger ones not due to start school yet

Most have returned the first week of September. There are some who will have paid the fine to take them out of school but not many