Which Pier for Dawn in Cozumel?

Typically the only lines that dock downtown ( Punta Langosta) are NCL and Disney. That dock can only handle 2 large ships. So, if there are more than 2 NCL and Disney ships in port that day someone will have to either tender or go to the International pier. With only six ships in port the option probably would not include tendering.

In our last six trips it has always been Punta Langosta. Once while we were there (9 ships) NCL Star anchored about 100 yards offshore and tendered. Dawn never has while we were on her.

When we were on the Dawn in 2010 we docked at the International Pier. The Star and Spirit were at Punta Langosta.

Edited by Beaver1975

Punta Langosta is the pier that NCL docks at. However, it does depend on how many ships are there for the day. You said 6 ships and there are 3 piers...so that's good news because at least you WILL dock. :p (2 at each pier). However, how many NCL ships will be there will be a factor as well since only 2 can dock at the NCL pier.

We have docked at both Punta Langosta and International before and also tendered. :)

Punta Langosta is the pier that NCL docks at. However, it does depend on how many ships are there for the day. You said 6 ships and there are 3 piers...so that's good news because at least you WILL dock. :p (2 at each pier). However, how many NCL ships will be there will be a factor as well since only 2 can dock at the NCL pier.

We have docked at both Punta Langosta and International before and also tendered. :)

I believe the International Pier can dock 4 ships and Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta can each dock 2. So until the port load more than 8 ships everyone docks.

I believe the International Pier can dock 4 ships and Puerta Maya and Punta Langosta can each dock 2. So until the port load more than 8 ships everyone docks.

Not when we were there. There were 2 ships docked (RCL) and we had to tender. I never did understand why we didn't just tender from the NCL pier with the other NCL ships to begin with since we were tendering no matter what. :(

Just wondering which pier the Dawn docks at in Cozumel. There are 6 ships in port the day we are there (Jan. 19, 2016) and I am having trouble finding out which ship dock at each pier. Thanks for your help!

My bet is here......see link. In 2014 on the Dawn and in 2015 on the Sun we docked here, both were out of Tampa

https://www.google.com/maps/@20.5104696,-86.9561823,278m/data=!3m1!1e3

Not when we were there. There were 2 ships docked (RCL) and we had to tender. I never did understand why we didn't just tender from the NCL pier with the other NCL ships to begin with since we were tendering no matter what. :(

Interesting, the only time we have tendered in to Cozumel was when we were aboard the Norway for her "going away" cruise. Over the years we have probably been to Cozumel 25+ times.

Interesting, the only time we have tendered in to Cozumel was when we were aboard the Norway for her "going away" cruise. Over the years we have probably been to Cozumel 25+ times.

Yep, it sucked. :( We weren't told that we had to tender in the first place (until we wen't to the meet & greet and the Captain had told us), but knew that 2 other NCL ships would be there. We had hoped that IF we did have to tender then at least we would be with the other NCL ships (we were meeting a friend on one of the other NCL ships there that day).

Us sitting out anchored:

PC200474-S.jpg

The 2 RCL ships that took the dock at International where we were at:

PC200473-S.jpg

No last day in Cozumel party for us coming back that day (which is something I ALWAYS look forward to) but at least we got a sign:

PC200478-S.jpg

PC200479-S.jpg

We were there with the Dawn and the Pearl. At the International...one of the ships we were with was THE ALLURE!!!! It made no sense to us why they would have put us to tender at a port with the MOST people and the biggest ship. It was terrible.

I love porting at Punta Langosta so you don't have to take a taxi to get to down town...we ported at the international dock when we took Carnival, but its soooooooo much better at the other..I think I would rather tender into Punta Langosta than dock at the international dock..:)