hairstyle for formal night

cvtnurse

Am I the only woman who doesn't do anything different to her hair on formal nights?

LuLu

Hi LuLu:)..nope, I never do anything different with my hair. I keep it

VERY SHORT and it is called, wash, dry with a towel and comb it;)

I have the same hairstyle on a cruise as I do at home. Formal nights

are no different than non-formal nights.

Very Pretty!!! I like that a lot. How long is your hair? mine is down my back so wondering if it would be too heavy for this style.

I did this for an evening look with drinks and a show late into the night. Looked just the same at the end of the night.

Am I the only woman who doesn't do anything different to her hair on formal nights?

LuLu

nope. The only thing I might do is run my mini flat iron over the top layer to keep it smooth and give it a little polish.

Very Pretty!!! I like that a lot. How long is your hair? mine is down my back so wondering if it would be too heavy for this style.

Thanks!

I found this on Pinterest (surprise surprise), and it was actually with someone with long hair (mid back, straight hair). My hair is like the OP stated...on the shorter side, shoulder-length.

I would guess it may take a few more bobby pins due to additional hair length and weight. I used four bobby pins total with one hair fastener.

I love playing with my hair. I'll change it up everyday. My hair is also down to my shoulders but over the years had gotten very thing. I have naturally curly hair but after menopause it's not as curly. Anyway, I'll brush it up and then twist it and clip it with a hair clip. When I do that, for some reason it will straighten out my hair when I take it down so I'll leave it straight and flip the ends up. After I wash my hair, I let it dry naturally and then my hair is worn down. I could go on and on and bore everyone to death (if I haven't already:eek:) but you get the picture. I just always have fun with it.:D

LuLu

Nope. I either wash and air dry or wash and blow dry. Lots of ponytails or half-ups. Don't feel like lugging a curling iron when I can get almost the same effect with a dryer.

What's a comb? I use fingers!

LuLu

Nope. Not alone.

But it's partially purple, so I think that's fancy enough.

Edited by srlafleur

Ditto, although I do dry mine with a hair dryer. It seems to lie better after being blown dry. If I leave it to dry naturally it either sticks up in odd places or looks very flat. I don't try to style it with the dryer, I just blow it over my hair until it's mostly dry.

I have medium length hair and normally look for the quickest/easiest way to style it. But on formal nights, I always treat myself to an updo at the salon. Have never been disappointed and always get compliments.