Cat. W experiences--oasis?

I just decided to "take a chance" on upgrading from a Cat. D2 Ocean View Balcony Cabin to a Cat. W Deluxe Guarantee on my August 2 sailing on the Oasis of the Seas. I now have to wait to see which suite category I'm assigned to and the exact cabin number. I'm wondering what experiences you can share with me, what types of cabins you were upgraded to, and when you actually got your cabin assignment? I'm so curious and anxious at the same time! :) Thanks everyone!

We sail this Sunday (22nd) on the Allure and I did the same thing you did. D2 to a W. I'm still waiting for my assignment. I fully expect a JS. I wasn't able to find much on others' experience with this. Good luck

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On the oasis last year we got a junior suite. We did not find out our assignment until we arrived at the pier. The porters looked it up on the manifest and our luggage made it fine. We were thrilled with a junior suite on the Oasis. I'm hoping to score a w guarantee on my upcoming sailing. Did youb call to see if any were available, or were you contacted? Enjoy your cruise.

I booked a w and got a grand suite on the allure. The next time I booked I got a Jr suite. The grand suite assignment was last minute and the Jr suite was several months in advance.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

We just received our room assignment. Our W turned into a GS. Didn't think we could get more excited. We are on deck 8 too which is where our balcony cabin was. So we got an awesome W guarantee and on our preferred deck.

Only down side is today is only Tuesday. But I get to watch YouTube videos of the Grand Suite. I didn't want to do too much suite research in case we got the JS I would think I was missing something instead of being excited.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just received our room assignment. Our W turned into a GS. Didn't think we could get more excited. We are on deck 8 too which is where our balcony cabin was. So we got an awesome W guarantee and on our preferred deck.

Only down side is today is only Tuesday. But I get to watch YouTube videos of the Grand Suite. I didn't want to do too much suite research in case we got the JS I would think I was missing something instead of being excited.

Congrats! How far in advance did you switch to the W? I'm in a d3 for an Oasis Cruise on 8/23 and I have been debating switching to a W everyday. Trying to figure out if I should wait until 4 weeks out.

Please be sure to read the thread titled "Involuntary Downgrade". This was a bad situation that ended up ok with the original poster but to me it was just not good.

This person had booked a "W" suite.

:cool:

Please be sure to read the thread titled "Involuntary Downgrade". This was a bad situation that ended up ok with the original poster but to me it was just not good.

This person had booked a "W" suite.

:cool:

No.

Don't read it.

That is an extremely unusual incident and there is no need to get upset over it now.

:rolleyes:

Congrats the fairy has been busy.. Enjoy the GS and all her perks:D