Duke & Duchess of Cambridge in Victoria, BC same day as Explorer

They are scheduled to be in Victoria on September 29 when we'll be there. I would love to know where they will be to catch a glimpse. Fat chance, right? I guess we just follow the crowd :-)

Wow, that would be something to see them.:)

Oh My!! that isn't good timing.........depends on where they are headed but it could be a day to walk everywhere?

We have walked into town from there-not that close though and they have shuttles at the dock.

Victoria is a great port to see.

They are scheduled to be in Victoria on September 29 when we'll be there. I would love to know where they will be to catch a glimpse. Fat chance, right?

Not fat chance at all. When Prince Charles and the Princess of Wales came to Victoria, thousands of people lined up to greet them. I will never forget that as we were living there at the time.

You might get a better idea of their itinerary closer to the time, where they will be and who they will visit. You have a nice long day there, 10 - 6, so I fully expect you may be able to catch a glimpse. :)

We were fortunate enough to meet the Duchess when she visited Portsmouth. She was really lovely, very chatty and spoke to us for about 5 mins. We are from the NE and she picked up on the accent. I was very excited to see Diana's engagement ring close up. It's a beauty and Kate wears it well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They are scheduled to be in Victoria on September 29 when we'll be there. I would love to know where they will be to catch a glimpse. Fat chance, right? I guess we just follow the crowd :-)

I'm on the explorer Leaving Seattle on Sept 27th but we won't be in Victoria until Oct 7th. Did you get the dates wrong?

What an awesome experience for you should you get to be close enough to see them! I've seen Queen Elizabeth twice in my lifetime: once in Toronto and the second time here in Calgary. I will never forget both of those occasions. :)

I also seen the Queen in Calgary when I lived there. I think it was 2005.

What an awesome experience for you should you get to be close enough to see them! I've seen Queen Elizabeth twice in my lifetime: once in Toronto and the second time here in Calgary. I will never forget both of those occasions. :)

I'm an ex-Brit but I only ever saw Prince Philip once when I was a kid and he shook my hand and Princess Margaret once, many years ago. I'm definitely changing our plans for our stop in Victoria. I just have to convince my DH and our friends to follow me in an attempt to get a look at them!

I'm an ex-Brit but I only ever saw Prince Philip once when I was a kid and he shook my hand and Princess Margaret once, many years ago. I'm definitely changing our plans for our stop in Victoria. I just have to convince my DH and our friends to follow me in an attempt to get a look at them!

I hope you are able to get a look at them. It will be etched in your memory forever. I wonder if George and Charlotte are travelling with them. There has been some chatter about that. I guess time will tell.

I also seen the Queen in Calgary when I lived there. I think it was 2005.

2005 seems about right. Her cavalcade was travelling eastbound on 9th Avenue SW at about 4th Street when I saw her. She was wearing a pale shade of yellow and had the window rolled down waving to all of us standing on 9th Avenue.

I'm on the explorer Leaving Seattle on Sept 27th but we won't be in Victoria until Oct 7th. Did you get the dates wrong?

You are on my Explorer sailing on September 30. There is a 7 day sailing the week before the one we are on which the OP is on.

I just checked the Royal website and it looks like the OP is on the September 23, 2016 cruise, which calls in Victoria on September 29.

Not sure which cruise you're on, as I don't see any Explorer cruises departing on Sept 27 in either 2016 or 2017.

Here is a local article from Victoria which discusses this; they will be based there for the duration of their trip and will visit the city several times, actually.

http://victoriabuzz.com/2016/08/victoria-will-home-base-royal-visit-september/

"Not only is the Royal Family visiting Western Canada this September, but they will make Victoria their home base for the entire one-week trip, with no less than four different stops here in the capital.

The couple, along with the childrens’ nanny, Maria Borrallo, will visit BC and the Yukon from September 24 to October 1 making stops in Vancouver, Bella Bella, Haida Gwaii, Great Bear Rainforest, and Kelowna in addition to Victoria.

The Department of Canadian Heritage released these dates for the holiday:

Sept. 24: Victoria.

Sept. 25: Vancouver.

Sept. 26: Bella Bella, B.C.

Sept. 27: Victoria and Kelowna, B.C.; Whitehorse, Yukon.

Sept. 28: Whitehorse and Carcross, Yukon.

Sept. 29: Victoria.

Sept. 30: Haida Gwaii, B.C.

Oct. 1: Victoria

Please check back often on this article, we will update the itinerary and public viewing opportunities as they are made available."

Here is a local article from Victoria which discusses this; they will be based there for the duration of their trip and will visit the city several times, actually.

http://victoriabuzz.com/2016/08/victoria-will-home-base-royal-visit-september/

"Not only is the Royal Family visiting Western Canada this September, but they will make Victoria their home base for the entire one-week trip, with no less than four different stops here in the capital.

The couple, along with the childrens’ nanny, Maria Borrallo, will visit BC and the Yukon from September 24 to October 1 making stops in Vancouver, Bella Bella, Haida Gwaii, Great Bear Rainforest, and Kelowna in addition to Victoria.

The Department of Canadian Heritage released these dates for the holiday:

Sept. 24: Victoria.

Sept. 25: Vancouver.

Sept. 26: Bella Bella, B.C.

Sept. 27: Victoria and Kelowna, B.C.; Whitehorse, Yukon.

Sept. 28: Whitehorse and Carcross, Yukon.

Sept. 29: Victoria.

Sept. 30: Haida Gwaii, B.C.

Oct. 1: Victoria

Please check back often on this article, we will update the itinerary and public viewing opportunities as they are made available."

That's great - thank you! I was excited about this trip before but now I'm super excited knowing that the public viewing opportunities will be publicized.

That's great - thank you! I was excited about this trip before but now I'm super excited knowing that the public viewing opportunities will be publicized.

You are very welcome. It will be an extra special day for you because Victoria is so amazing anyway! You can check for updates and make your plans around that because you have loads of time there, something that not all ships have in Victoria.

You are very welcome. It will be an extra special day for you because Victoria is so amazing anyway! You can check for updates and make your plans around that because you have loads of time there, something that not all ships have in Victoria.

I've never been to BC before so you're right, this will be an extra special day. And George and Charlotte will be there, too - an added bonus! Thankfully, not all cruisers visit CC boards otherwise there will be an extra few thousand of us lining the streets! I guess word will get around though.

You are on my Explorer sailing on September 30. There is a 7 day sailing the week before the one we are on which the OP is on.

I'm trying to console myself with we get to go to Santa Barbara and they don't, but it's just not working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm trying to console myself with we get to go to Santa Barbara and they don't, but it's just not working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that. I would love to catch a glimpse of them. I went to Royal Ascot twice and was able to see the Queen and several other Royals and managed to get a couple good pictures of both the Queen and Prince Harry. Unfortunately, the Duke and Duchess of Windsor weren't at Ascot either of those days.

With your luck before, I bet it will be stretched to this time with the Duke and Duchess:)

I just checked the Royal website and it looks like the OP is on the September 23, 2016 cruise, which calls in Victoria on September 29.

Not sure which cruise you're on, as I don't see any Explorer cruises departing on Sept 27 in either 2016 or 2017.

Nope, I messed the dates up this time, lol. I leave for Seattle on Sept 27th and hence why I had that date stuck in my head. I wish I was old enough to call that a senior moment.