I have not sailed without a balcony since _______!

We all know that for most of us, once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

SO I can say that I have not sailed without a balcony since July 2003.

The first balcony I had was on RCCL Navigator, and I have not sailed without one since, and I doubt I ever would.

Let's see who has gone the longest, fill in the blank.:D

We've only sailed once, on the Elation with a balcony, so ours was last May. Ha!

However, we weren't impressed with the balcony, and thought it a giant waste of money. I couldn't even sit out there for more than a few minutes because it was so hot, and opening the door even for mere seconds just made our room that much warmer.

We're doing interior spa cabins, for LESS, on the Dream in December. At least I can use those amenities. :)

...once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

We had our first balcony 14 years ago. Since then, we've gone up to a suite, all the way down to an inside, back up to a balcony, and so forth. Last 2 cruises were on balconies, and the next 2 cruises will be on ocean view staterooms.

IMHO, I can live without a balcony. They are a nice perk, but not a must. I can definitely go back to an oceanview (in fact, that's what I consider ideal). What I can't do under ANY circumstances is an inside stateroom. Terrible! :o

I like Junior Suites most, but I've also done full suites as well as standard balconies. As long as there is an outside for me to sit in, I'm good. And we use our balcony ALOT, so it's totally worth the money.

I have sailed in an Interior exactly ONCE, my first cruise ever, and boy, never again. I felt like I was in a crypt. That was on Holiday in 2000?

I then did a few Ocean Views in 2002/2003, then once July 2003 hit, we graduated.:cool:

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

We all know that for most of us, once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

SO I can say that I have not sailed without a balcony since July 2003.

The first balcony I had was on RCCL Navigator, and I have not sailed without one since, and I doubt I ever would.

Let's see who has gone the longest, fill in the blank.:D

We have never cruised without a balcony since 1994, going on 12 cruises (#12 in five days). We're lucky to have been able to do that, although if it meant not cruising, I would certainly be in an inside cabin in the dark!

Kevin C

Our first cruise was on the Elation in July, 2008 and our 3rd will be the Dream this September. I know it's only 3 but all with a balcony and I seriously doubt we would sail without one. :)

For all you balcony lovers, is it because you are smokers? Just wondering...

Personally, we haven't experienced a balcony yet and I was considering upgrading our ocean view to a balcony but with the new balcony sale, I don't like that Carnival chooses the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Personally, we haven't experienced a balcony yet and I was considering upgrading our ocean view to a balcony but with the new balcony sale, I don't like that Carnival chooses the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Never smoked in my life!!! I like balconies because of several reasons:

1. I like to lay in the sun without dealing with other people, sometimes.

2. Sailaway, entering/leaving ports from your balcony is the best.

3. Eating on the balcony is awesome.

4. Gives adults a kidfree space, or visa versa.

5. It's like having a second room that happens to be outside.

6. Great place to dry wet swimsuits. Just be sure to secure them down in the wind!;)

7. Awesome spot to play cards or dominoes.

8. A good place to send DH when he gets cranky!!!:eek:

Edited by PhoenixDawgCruising

I think Carnival is one of the last lines to allow balcony smoking, so I guess all the balcony lovers on other lines do it for reasons other than smoking. I'm not smoking out there, but I love my balcony because I like being close to the sea while I sit and read a book in peace.

We did a balcony on our 1st cruise out of Miami on the then still new Destiny in 1995...It was oaky, but since we have done interiors, which are great if you get them on the Lido, where you can run back & forth to your cabin as you want, we have done Oceanview and really enjoyed that too....I won't say its balcony or nothing for us, because the savings of having a less expensive room sometimes makes me a lot happier that a balcony ever would....now our next cruise is December on the Triumph again, and we are doing an aft wrap just to say we did....will it keep us from going back to an interior? Absolutely Not....because our vacation is about the ship and the activities, and not about where my head is laying for the few hours of sleep we normally get on a cruise:)

DH and I have always had an aft wrap balcony. Unfortunately, we have to have the room ahead of that on the next cruise so we can bring our son along in our room. Wish we could fit 3 people in an aft wrap! But at least we still have a balcony. That's all that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app