I have not sailed without a balcony since _______!

We all know that for most of us, once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

SO I can say that I have not sailed without a balcony since July 2003.

The first balcony I had was on RCCL Navigator, and I have not sailed without one since, and I doubt I ever would.

Let's see who has gone the longest, fill in the blank.:D

I am willing to go with or without a balcony. The most important thing to me is to have natural light even if that natural light comes from a porthole window. In general it's only worth about an extra 50 to 75 bucks for me to have a full picture window as apposed to a porthole window. It's worth about $200 more to me per cruise to have a balcony instead of just a window. I quit smoking about 15 years ago if I were still a smoker I think that would motivate me to only Cruise with a balcony. I do still enjoy having coffee or a glass of wine out on the balcony or just reading a book out there. No chair hogs on my balcony! So I always have a great seat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

My first cruise in 2009 was an OV room. Last year we got a balcony, i don't think i could ever go back. I'd feel too restricted. To the person that asked about smoking, i don't smoke. I just love the unrestricted feel of the balcony. I also enjoy hanging out there as we pull off from our port. :D

We all know that for most of us, once we go balcony, it is VERY HARD to go back.:eek:

SO I can say that I have not sailed without a balcony since July 2003.

The first balcony I had was on RCCL Navigator, and I have not sailed without one since, and I doubt I ever would.

Let's see who has gone the longest, fill in the blank.:D

No balcony! I broke out in cold sweat just thinking about it. 2008

Our first cruise was in 1999. We had a ocean view room. In 2000 we enjoyed our first balcony on the Carnival Triumph. It has been balconies ever since. We enjoy the fresh air and extra room.

We will be trying our first aft balcony on the Breeze in July. Looking forward to the extra room and lounge chair on deck 8 next to the wrap. :)

I have sailed with a balcony room a few times but you know what, at the end of the day, I feel that unless you are going on an exotic and scenic journey or the price is not much more than an interior or ov room, it's not worth it. It is nice to hang out late at night or early in the morning out there but honestly for the price premium I can buy shore excursions, drinks, souvenirs, etc with booking an interior instead. If it is like a hundred or 150 more pp on a longer sailing, I might go for it though. I go cheap on the room and stretch my budget by spending my money saved on all kinds of fun stuff. Not everyone is like that I know.

I've been on 5 carnival cruises and have never done a balcony, all ocean view. I'm sure one day i'll do a balcony, but one of my concerns is the smoke from other cruisers. Is it really that bad?

Yes, it is. Only had a balcony once and thank goodness it was an upgrade so we didn't pay extra for it. The balcony, even though it was "extended" was tiny, and the smoking of the neighbors made it quite unpleasant. Not for me.

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app