Glass show on the Equinox going away?

Mcobean

Just off the Equinox. The whiskey bar had its grand opening yesterday on our last sea day. I saw it announced in the daily but I forgot all about it until it was too late. It was only opened from noon till five.

Where was this whiskey bar?

We left the Equinox November 9th after spending a month onboard, and also heard about the upcoming whiskey bar.

But what we heard was something different -- the whiskey bar is not replacing the hot glass show by the lawn but instead will be in that interior small space which was a glass exhibit in the past. If you look at the Equinox deck plans that space is on the port side of deck 15 right beside the stairs and just aft of the elevator bank. The lights inside are often off but the door open. It is under-utilized and easy to overlook now.

Our source was not a bartender but one of the "stripes." Will be interesting to see who was more accurate -- the bartender or the "stripe."

We just return from the b2b from Barcelona and the Whiskey bar open yesterday. It is NOT the Glass show, but the side little room that was Michael Korrs bags. Not reality a sitting tasting bar , but a tasting and buy room.

Different strokes etc...............I can BBQ my own steak at home, why would I want to pay extra to do it on a ship that I already paid to be on?

The glass show is very popular and often fills up all the available seats. Lots of people apparently want to take a break from eating/drinking and watch some artists work in real time with a very fragile medium.

Anything would be better than the glass show. We just got off the Silhouette and LOVED the Lawn Club Grill.

Different strokes etc...............I can BBQ my own steak at home, why would I want to pay extra to do it on a ship that I already paid to be on?

The glass show is very popular and often fills up all the available seats. Lots of people apparently want to take a break from eating/drinking and watch some artists work in real time with a very fragile medium.

Once you have seen one glass show, the rest are pretty much all the same. I much prefer a good meal to a repeat of a moderately interesting demonstration, even if I can "BBQ it at home." I take it you never go out to eat at home since you can cook the same food in your own kitchen? :p

We just return from the b2b from Barcelona and the Whiskey bar open yesterday. It is NOT the Glass show, but the side little room that was Michael Korrs bags. Not reality a sitting tasting bar , but a tasting and buy room.

Did they move the M Kors items? Always interested in that...never whiskey!

Once you have seen one glass show, the rest are pretty much all the same. I much prefer a good meal to a repeat of a moderately interesting demonstration, even if I can "BBQ it at home." I take it you never go out to eat at home since you can cook the same food in your own kitchen? :p

Once you have eaten a steak, they are pretty much all the same. :D DW and I went to many glass shows on our Eclipse cruise this winter [and bid -- unsuccessfully -- at the auction at the end], and we look forward to having it available in the future. The S-class ships that don't have it are lower on our list for that reason.

Once you have eaten a steak, they are pretty much all the same. :D DW and I went to many glass shows on our Eclipse cruise this winter [and bid -- unsuccessfully -- at the auction at the end], and we look forward to having it available in the future. The S-class ships that don't have it are lower on our list for that reason.

"Once you have eaten a steak, they are pretty much all the same." Yeah, at it's base, yes, you are correct. But, a good steak, even if the same as another good steak, is still something to enjoy. Besides, one has to eat, so might as well eat another steak. Won't get much nourishment from a glass show! :D

Besides, using your argument about "pretty much the same", the same could be said about a cruise. All cruises are more the same than different, but we all still enjoy them. At least I hope you enjoy yet another cruise as much as I do! ;)

Fortunately, Celebrity had seen fit to do things differently on various ships so we both can enjoy ourselves, whether watching in rapt attention to a glass show, or salivating at the taste of a good steak!!!!

Edited by SantaFeFan