Princess grill questions

nuekruizer

I am planning the July 30 2015 trip to Canada on QM2, possible Princess Grill. Can you pick your table at the grill restaurant or just assigned one? Can you have afternoon tea in the Queens grill lounge area? Can you get advanced tickets to the Planetarium shows? Can you get wine delivered to your cabin by room service? Thanks!

I am planning the July 30 2015 trip to Canada on QM2, possible Princess Grill. Can you pick your table at the grill restaurant or just assigned one? Can you have afternoon tea in the Queens grill lounge area? Can you get advanced tickets to the Planetarium shows? Can you get wine delivered to your cabin by room service? Thanks!

Your table is assigned but if you don't like it, you can discuss the matter with the Maitre D', yes you can have tea there, and get tickets from the Grill's concierge and order wine for your cabin.

I have a quick question - I have seen the hours for grill dining listed as between 6:30 and 9:00 pm. Are those the times for initial seating, or are you expected to finish your meal by 9pm?

9pm is the last time for orders for the grills, however you'll find most guests usually dine between 7ish and 8ish. Very few guests arrive after 8:30.

9pm is the last time for orders for the grills, however you'll find most guests usually dine between 7ish and 8ish. Very few guests arrive after 8:30.

My wife and I usually get to the Princess Grill at about 8:50 p.m. Because 'we clean up well' and my wife likes wearing cocktail hats, arriving at that hour means we seem like royalty as everyone else having arrived, all faces turn towards us. Now we know that this happens we 'play up' to it.

Just our bit of fun!

My wife and I usually get to the Princess Grill at about 8:50 p.m. Because 'we clean up well' and my wife likes wearing cocktail hats, arriving at that hour means we seem like royalty as everyone else having arrived, all faces turn towards us. Now we know that this happens we 'play up' to it.

Just our bit of fun!

I have always remembered how lovely she looked every night. I do agree that it is fun. I usually have fun with cocktail gloves. It is the little touches that get you away from the mundane I think.

Jeanne

I have always remembered how lovely she looked every night. I do agree that it is fun. I usually have fun with cocktail gloves. It is the little touches that get you away from the mundane I think.

Jeanne

Nice of you to remember us!

We are in PG in December for the first time and very much looking forward to it. So I am very interested in this thread.

I have a few long dresses for formal nights and a couple of more cocktail type dresses. Would some dresses less formal but glammed up a bit with jewellery, do for some of the other nights or would I be best buying some more, or just re-wearing those I have? I just don't know what the average dress code for non formal dinner would be. My husband will take his tux and a dark suit plus probably a blazer or sports jacket. I just want to do right but not sure I need any more cocktail dresses;)

We are in PG in December for the first time and very much looking forward to it. So I am very interested in this thread.

I have a few long dresses for formal nights and a couple of more cocktail type dresses. Would some dresses less formal but glammed up a bit with jewellery, do for some of the other nights or would I be best buying some more, or just re-wearing those I have? I just don't know what the average dress code for non formal dinner would be. My husband will take his tux and a dark suit plus probably a blazer or sports jacket. I just want to do right but not sure I need any more cocktail dresses;)

Your ideas will work really well, you might consider a couple of black skirts with different blouses/scarves/bling. A sort of mix and match. :)

Your ideas will work really well, you might consider a couple of black skirts with different blouses/scarves/bling. A sort of mix and match. :)

Yes that is a good idea thnaks.

Do ladies wear long dresses/skirts on nights other than formal? How about breakfast and lunch? Not long dresses of course;), just what kind of clothing? I am thinking cropped trousers and tees might seem too casual. Though our cruise is December and going from Southampton down to southern Spain, so not red hot weather, so mght only need the above clothes off the ship in spain.

Edited by maz48

Yes that is a good idea thnaks.

Do ladies wear long dresses/skirts on nights other than formal? How about breakfast and lunch? Not long dresses of course;), just what kind of clothing? I am thinking cropped trousers and tees might seem too casual. Though our cruise is December and going from Southampton down to southern Spain, so not red hot weather, so mght only need the above clothes off the ship in spain.

Yes some do wear long, others don't though. Daytime is quite casual and is often described as country club casual. Jeans are ok as will be your cropped trousers. It is not as dressy as the brochure makes out apart from the evenings :)

Thank you all so much. I know I invaded the thread but all the information is very helpful to others who might search Princess Grill.

Our roll call thread, or should I say my roll call thread:rolleyes: has only my post there so far and I was hoping to ask questions there. As the two of us might be the only folk on board(;) I know not every cruiser is on CC and not every CC member joins the roll calls) it might not matter what I wear:D

Edited by maz48

From my experience, the opening hours for lunch are from 1:00 to 2:30, which is a little later than the usual times at sea.

That's correct But its still a lot better than the Kings Court bun fight though.

Just our bit of fun!

Everyone loves a grand entrance. Doesn't it get uncomfortable to always be the last ones finished in an empty room?

Just our bit of fun!

Surely if you were royalty one would be in Queens Grill!!

Everyone loves a grand entrance. Doesn't it get uncomfortable to always be the last ones finished in an empty room?

We never seemed to be the last ones in the dining room. What you don't realize from your statement is that, in my experience, the later you arrive in the dining room the faster you are served. Its not that the service is rushed its that it all works to tighter deadlines and that, by the time we are being served our main course, the next table is only just being served with their dessert.

Surely if you were royalty one would be in Queens Grill!!

Actually, my wife and I have decided that we prefer the Princess Grill to the Queens Grill. It's not that we wouldn't take a free upgrade if it were offered, its just that there seem to be more tiresome people in the Queens Grill who the maitre'd and the waiter have to hover over because they have the money (but dare I say, not the class!), and having to sit at a table next to them can be irritating (the memory of one who had to have the jar of 'Suzy's sauce' brought to her table cannot be eradicated from our memories, together with the couple she brought with her, who she had obviously paid for, who had to dance attendance and be sat waiting at the table before she entered for dinner).

Although the off menu choices are better in the Queen's Grill, we found the general atmosphere in the Princess Grill more to our liking.

Actually, my wife and I have decided that we prefer the Princess Grill to the Queens Grill. It's not that we wouldn't take a free upgrade if it were offered, its just that there seem to be more tiresome people in the Queens Grill who the maitre'd and the waiter have to hover over because they have the money (but dare I say, not the class!), and having to sit at a table next to them can be irritating (the memory of one who had to have the jar of 'Suzy's sauce' brought to her table cannot be eradicated from our memories, together with the couple she brought with her, who she had obviously paid for, who had to dance attendance and be sat waiting at the table before she entered for dinner).

Although the off menu choices are better in the Queen's Grill, we found the general atmosphere in the Princess Grill more to our liking.

B,

My experiences in QG have been exactly the same. Like you, I would accept the upgrade for the menu choices (and the small dressing alcove) in a heartbeat. Until then, PG works for me just fine. I also think the two tops are set up better in PG.

Jeanne