COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

This won't be like the last thread I did, but will instead be 90-day Countdown thread to her Maiden Voyage to try and consolidate all the media releases, news, and images that we find of REGAL PRINCESS between now and May 20th, 2014.

So, let the Countdown begin!!! :D

Here are the most recent images of Regal Princess taken earlier this month:

12532281363_b6dfe1dab8_c.jpg

12532282433_ecb6918318_c.jpg

(Credit pictures to Alberto Marchesi)

Regal Princess is currently in dry dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy being outfitted with a replacement rudder and getting her hull cleaned prior to her Sea Trails...

12657983143_e7fd88e261.jpg

More to come as any new information is released!

:D

Edited by dmwnc1959

One of the new added features on Regal Princess will be a small aft pool to be located on Sun Deck (Deck 17) aft.

This is a rendering of the aft pool of Britannia (similar to what Regal Princess will have), looking across Deck 17 aft starboard towards port...

12648368105_90db592701_o.jpg

...which equates to this area on an actual image of Britannia...

(the pool is the unfinished red colored box in the center of the deck at the edge)

12648792454_0333b1c1b4_b.jpg

...and this area on Regal Princess...

12648792604_dc09860bbd_b.jpg

For those of you who were following along during the Royal Princess construction and sea trials, you will remember that as she was returning from the successful completion of her first sea trials and maneuvering in the Monfalcone harbor, ran aground at her stern when swinging around to the dock. It damaged both of Royal Princess propellers and one rudder. The replacement propellers came from Britannia, and were actually sitting next to the drydock since Britannia had just had her keel laying ceremony. The replacement rudder came from Regal Princess.

In this image of Regal Princess taken prior to her float out in March 2013, you can see her port side propeller and rudder. She 'donated' one of her rudders to Royal Princess last April, and will have it replaced with a brand spanking new one while she is in dry dock next week.

8644374213_2220c228b7_b.jpg

(Credit Chris Owen)

This is where we were not quite 1-year ago:

After the official Float Out Ceremony on March 26th was over it took a couple of days to flood the dock and check the hull for any unforeseen problems.

Here are pictures from the actual float out of Regal Princess from the building dock to the outfitting pier taken on March 29th, the morning Royal Princess departed on her Sea Trials. In one of them you can see Royal Princess kicking out some black smoke as she gets ready to leave on her first ever voyage:

8616967752_6248522a6f_b.jpg

8615864027_be9541b1fb_b.jpg

8615864057_8b7741d5ca_b.jpg

8616967594_5ecda103cf_b.jpg

(Credit all pictures to Katia Bonaventura)

Wow, here we go again! I will be paying close attention and am happy you have given your time for this!

Thanks

Ken

My resume has prior work experience in this subject matter so it should be easy enough. ;)

Hopefully we'll get updates from the shipyard and more pictures next week.

Wow this is great....love that I will be on her. Despite our original cruise being canceled we were able to change to an earlier date in 2015 and be on her..yeah!

Thanks for the info on the godmother......cant wait to hear.

I hope you have a GREAT cruise! Quite a few of us who have sailed Royal Princess already are booked on Regal Princess!

Edited by dmwnc1959

I hope you have a GREAT cruise! Quite a few of us who have sailed her already are booked again!

How can you have sailed Regal princess already if she hasn't launched?----LOL nevermind i see you edited yours........

Edited by cruzrbachoua

Thank you for managing this thread so well. Very informative and exciting to those who will sail on her.

I'll do my best! Most everyone here knows I work midnight shift so most updates will come late during the overnight while I'm on shift.

I'm off to bed now. If anyone hears anything that I don't catch first, PLEASE feel free to post it.

Dave, Somewhat off topic :o but have you noticed the design differences between the Royal/Regal and Britannia on the aft portion of the Lido, Sun and Sports decks? On Britannia they are cantilevered out and there will be much more deck space around the aft "pool" for lounge chairs similar to the Grand class ships around the Terrace Pool. In addition to adding the aft "pool" it would have been nice if that feature could have been incorporated into the Regal.

Dave, Somewhat off topic :o but have you noticed the design differences between the Royal/Regal and Britannia on the aft portion of the Lido, Sun and Sports decks? On Britannia they are cantilevered out and there will be much more deck space around the aft "pool" for lounge chairs similar to the Grand class ships around the Terrace Pool. In addition to adding the aft "pool" it would have been nice if that feature could have been incorporated into the Regal.

Yes, you are correct. Those decks are cantilevered out for room for the pool and deck loungers. This photo is grainy but you can see the aft pool and the surrounding decks. Looks more like a large hot tub. maybe 10-12 people max?

0d58f61f-f7f8-49a5-9339-fed5e5bb3909.jpg

This won't be like the last thread I did, but will instead be 90-day Countdown thread to her Maiden Voyage to try and consolidate all the media releases, news, and images that we find of REGAL PRINCESS between now and May 20th, 2014.

So, let the Countdown begin!!! :D

Here are the most recent images of Regal Princess taken earlier this month:

12532281363_b6dfe1dab8_c.jpg

12532282433_ecb6918318_c.jpg

(Credit pictures to Alberto Marchesi)

Regal Princess is currently in dry dock at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone, Italy being outfitted with a replacement rudder and getting her hull cleaned prior to her Sea Trails...

12657983143_e7fd88e261.jpg

More to come as any new information is released!

Thanks Dave! Only 192 days to go for me!