Constellation SS 6145 or 6131

themutis

Hi All

Can anyone provide guidance on which of the SS is more desirable. Does 6145 have loungers on the Balcony. Does 6131 have a cover on the balcony.

Any photos or advice is most appreciated.

Thanks

Eileen

Hi All

Can anyone provide guidance on which of the SS is more desirable. Does 6145 have loungers on the Balcony. Does 6131 have a cover on the balcony.

Thanks

Eileen

This could be a hard decision depending on what is important to you.

Neither suite will have loungers on the balcony as the balcony is not so large as to have the space for this. On M-Class ships, you will find loungers on balconies for Royal and PH Suites.

If having a bigger balcony is important, then 6131 would fit the bill.

If having a nicer (and slightly larger) room is important, as well as a nicer and slightly larger bathroom, then 6145 is the room to choose. Also, I believe from reading accounts of others that stay in both rooms, the same butler for the PH will also be your butler. Typically, this means exceptional service, as the PH butlers are more experienced.

As you probably know, 6145 is a connecting room to the PH next door. Because of that, the Sky Suite has a similar decor, which is not the standard in other Sky Suites.

If you are not aware of the room sticky at the top of the Celebrity Cruises forum pages (choose the M-Class sticky), it does have useful information contained inside. I happened to find a review of 6145 (with some pictures).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42351932&postcount=100

Hope this helps some. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by vulcan1971

Hi All

Thanks

Eileen

We've been in 6145 and it's huge. Much larger than any other SS. I would grab it if available.

FWIW -- 6131 is an angled balcony with limited privacy because of the angle.

Neither suite will have loungers on the balcony as the balcony is not so large as to have the space for this. On M-Class ships, you will find loungers on balconies for Royal and PH Suites.

I am saddened by this statement. We will be in our first SS on Connie in 8121 and I love to spend my time on the balcony.

Are there the new type of chairs as on "S" class, with a footrest???

I am saddened by this statement. We will be in our first SS on Connie in 8121 and I love to spend my time on the balcony.

Are there the new type of chairs as on "S" class, with a footrest???

Not sure why you are saddened by the statement. Other cruisers can correct me if I am wrong, but there have never been loungers on Sky Suite balconies, at least not that I am aware of. There were two pics in the link of the room review above that show the balcony furniture for Sky Suite 6145 on the Constellation.

If having a bigger balcony is important, then 6131 would fit the bill.

If having a nicer (and slightly larger) room is important, as well as a nicer and slightly larger bathroom, then 6145 is the room to choose. Also, I believe from reading accounts of others that stay in both rooms, the same butler for the PH will also be your butler. Typically, this means exceptional service, as the PH butlers are more experienced.

As you probably know, 6145 is a connecting room to the PH next door. Because of that, the Sky Suite has a similar decor, which is not the standard in other Sky Suites.

If you are not aware of the room sticky at the top of the Celebrity Cruises forum pages (choose the M-Class sticky), it does have useful information contained inside. I happened to find a review of 6145 (with some pictures).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42351932&postcount=100

Hope this helps some. Enjoy your cruise.

That's my review. :) The balcony was huge and the adjustable chairs with footrest are the new loungers and perfectly comfortable. On the Century, we had "real" loungers in our SS.

Not sure why you are saddened by the statement. Other cruisers can correct me if I am wrong, but there have never been loungers on Sky Suite balconies, at least not that I am aware of. There were two pics in the link of the room review above that show the balcony furniture for Sky Suite 6145 on the Constellation.

I am saddened because I was looking forward to lounging.

If I cant lounge, then I'll have to sit --- or slouch ;)

I am saddened because I was looking forward to lounging.

If I cant lounge, then I'll have to sit --- or slouch ;)

When you said "lounge", I was thinking of the chaise lounger on the high end suites. The chairs are adjustable and can recline to be more comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Well I pulled the trigger and booked 6145 on the Constellation for Jan 2016. The room looks nice and the larger bathroom is a great plus!

Looking forward to hearing about the Suite Dining room once it open - It's the main reason we booked a Sky Suite. We grew tired of the MDR and started either booking Aqua Class to have access to Blu or a regular balcony with the the Ultimate Dining Package. Hoping the new suite dining room will impress.

Well I pulled the trigger and booked 6145 on the Constellation for Jan 2016. The room looks nice and the larger bathroom is a great plus!

Looking forward to hearing about the Suite Dining room once it open - It's the main reason we booked a Sky Suite. We grew tired of the MDR and started either booking Aqua Class to have access to Blu or a regular balcony with the the Ultimate Dining Package. Hoping the new suite dining room will impress.

One suggestion that I have is to take a 2 prong Euro adaptor to use for charging your devices and/or camera charger. This will leave the only US outlet available for larger appliances.

Also, we discovered that there is an outlet by the bed, next to the adjoining door into the Penthouse Suite. Good for a C-Pac or White noise machine (which I highly recommend...especially if there is a party or piano playing going on next door. :eek: ) We took a nap one afternoon just as the little boy next door started playing on the piano. It was not terribly loud, but the WN machine drowned it out for a restful nap.

You will love it! That's the same stateroom that I had. Here is a good photo of the outside that was posted on here awhile back. ;)

816462588_ASummit-Hawaii-DSC02619-M.jpg.f929c3546705884f9bd6d3fd7321bc1c.jpg

Also, we discovered that there is an outlet by the bed, next to the adjoining door into the Penthouse Suite. Good for a C-Pac

Thanks for writing this cuz I saw it in a picture and thought it looked like an outlet. Also, this picture looks like there are loungers on the balcony in addition to table and chairs. We'll be in this cabin in 4 days - can't wait!

• 1 month later...

We had a fantastic time in cabin 6145!! First, for Iamthesea, our balcony had the 2 reclining chairs with footstools and a large table with 4 chairs, but I asked the butler to please replace the reclining chairs/footstools with real loungers and he did. :D He took one of the reclining chairs away, but left us one of the recliners and both footstools, which we used as side tables next to the loungers. Everything fit with room to spare. Totally loved the balcony and spent lots of time there since we had 9 sea days.

This cabin was even better than the posts made it sound. We never heard a thing from the Penthouse Suite next door, the "small" closet wasn't bad - we were 2 women on a 14 day cruise and we got everything hung up or in the many drawers, and the bathroom was truly to die for.

Our butler was friendly and would get whatever was asked for, but he would bring in our food and just plop it down. No table cloth or serving in courses. No big deal but after reading posts here on CC, we sort of thought that was how it would be done. And he actually gave us incorrect information several times. He warned us that we would be charged for eating at Blu, but that wasn't true. Blu welcomed us warmly and said that suites do not have to pay.

The steward was very good and his assistant was fantastic. The asst. worked so hard (and had the most work to do) and always had a smile and warm greeting. We left them all a very nice additional gratuity.

I measured the entire cabin, the bathroom and the balcony. It was a rough estimate but is likely very close. The entire cabin (incl bathroom) is 19.25' wide x 27' deep=520 sq ft. The bathroom is 10' wide x 9.6' deep=96 sq ft. The balcony is 19.25' wide x 8' deep=154 sq ft. All together that makes it 674 sq ft. Plenty roomy!!

If anyone has the chance to nab this suite, grab it fast! Totally worth the price. :D

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Glad to hear you like the cabin and especially that you were able to get true loungers on the balcony.

Disappointed about the butler and how food was delivered. The last time we were in a Sky Suite, the butler would set out a table cloth and place setting... it was very night.

Glad you had a good trip and thanks for reporting back.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for all the great information. Originally booked a suite guarantee last week for mid-March sailing. Celebrity assigned 6099 the next day. On a whim, I checked to see what other suites were still open---6145 and 6146 were! I called my TA and viola! Got 6145 for the price of a guarantee! Can't wait....:D

Thanks for all the great information. Originally booked a suite guarantee last week for mid-March sailing. Celebrity assigned 6099 the next day. On a whim, I checked to see what other suites were still open---6145 and 6146 were! I called my TA and viola! Got 6145 for the price of a guarantee! Can't wait....:D

Lucky you - it is a beautiful Sky Suite.

These are photos of 6146 on the Summit in January. Great room. My wife loved the bathroom and tub. The butler was great. Loungers on the balcony with 2 chairs and a small table. We heard some music from the penthouse one night but not bad. Both being M class ships I assume the Constellation room would be similar to the Summit. Enjoy your cruise.

DSC02063_zpsmnqjvcn8.jpg

DSC02068_zps5pdjxope.jpg

DSC02070_zpsaasvya20.jpg

DSC02071_zps5gvxuu7g.jpg

DSC02074_zpsylkzigew.jpg

Edited by rdt10

We had 6145 on the Infinity last year and I'm afraid that the bathroom has spoiled us for life:) The rest of the cabin was beautiful too and I would book in again in a heartbeat if I get the chance! No noise from the penthouse but did meet the wonderful couple staying there and did enjoy a great party there one night. The butler was probably the best we have ever had and she brought a tablecloth and a flower anytime we dined in our suite and that was most mornings for breakfast. Anyone who gets this suite is very fortunate- enjoy!

As you may have realized, some Sky Suites do have loungers (6145/6146 on M-Class and for another month, Sky Suites on Century)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks to rdt10 for the nice photos.

They reminded me that 6145 and 6146 have an additional advantage if you are traveling with family or friends in the adjacent concierge cabin because you can open the balcony divider between them,

as well as the balcony divider to the penthouse suite on the other side.

(But you may consider that a disadvantage, depending on how you feel about your next door neighbors. ;))

About the only thing I dislike about 6145 and 6 is having that single balcony door, so you don't get as wide a view looking out from the suite as you get with regular double sliding glass doors.

The balconies are plenty big enough for a couple of loungers, as you can see from the loungers in rtd10's photo. You can just angle them if you want to recline them.

As you may have realized, some Sky Suites do have loungers (6145/6146 on M-Class and for another month, Sky Suites on Century)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna - when I replied to this thread (long ago), my response about "loungers" was in reference to those chaise loungers that you find on balconies of royal suites and PH suites. Do Sky suites have them? If yes, I stand corrected. If the OP was referring to some other type of furniture, then I misunderstood.

We've just been deliberating on these two suites for a cruise on Conie in 2016. my wife and I and my SIL and her husband have booked CSs but my MIL who will be traveling single opted for an SS due to cost. These two videos helped in the descision making process.....

She's opted for 6132 (so she can wave to us from her balcony:) )

Jenna - when I replied to this thread (long ago), my response about "loungers" was in reference to those chaise loungers that you find on balconies of royal suites and PH suites. Do Sky suites have them? If yes, I stand corrected. If the OP was referring to some other type of furniture, then I misunderstood.

Wow, old thread, I am not sure I realized. Those loungers are most definitely on all Century deck 11 Sky suites and maybe the lower ones. I think 6145 / 6146 have them as well (though this may not be the case, the pictures from Connie shows them). These are not the same fake wicker padded ones on a Royal Suite deck or even nicer ones on an M-Class PH, but more like the ones at the pool deck.

Happy sailing,

Jenna