Oasis (Eastern) Feb 26 – Mar 5, 2011 – Perspective from 1st time cruisers – Part 2/2

Oasis Food Review: Part 2 of 2

I tried to embed photos directly to this forum for my review, but the process was very time consuming. Therefore, I’ve attached links for each of the reviews.

Please note, our review is based on our opinions only. This was our first time on a cruise, so the information is based as such. I’ve also tried to be as accurate as possible.

I understand with forums there are tendencies for disagreements; if you have negative replies, please be considerate in them. Everyone’s experiences are different.

Enjoy!

Day 1

http://www.scribd.com/full/51616194?access_key=key-1l7c9qtn9h51d2mdit11

Day 2

http://www.scribd.com/full/51616996?access_key=key-e7l3f6or14h5lzubkp8

Day 3

http://www.scribd.com/full/51617348?access_key=key-2e1v6lfq7olthzcemyfe

Day 4

http://www.scribd.com/full/51622456?access_key=key-6azgnmsmo8kfft7xx18

Day 5

http://www.scribd.com/full/51618060?access_key=key-ewvemdnj84es81mqqgi

Day 6

http://www.scribd.com/full/51618103?access_key=key-tw0h6f32pxbd4nppzzo

Day 7

http://www.scribd.com/full/51614659?access_key=key-2jarixv0gx2n0h9ukh16

Edited by red-dragon

Best ship food critic review ever. Mix of good, bad and so so foods is a reality on all cruise ships. Order the right entrees and deserts everynight and the food is fantastic. Order what sounds good at the monment and it can be a hit or miss thing. I have also found that the waiters recommendations is always an excellent choice.

i would love to see before and after pix of you and your husband, lol.

I thought I would gain at least 3-5 lbs given all the bread and desserts I ate! I actually lost 1.5 pounds but it was from all the walking we did. Hubby gained 3.5 lbs but has since lost it. We just love food in general! We're of average weight, but we loooooove food and have hearty appetites. :D

Thanks everyone for your compliments and feedback. I'm happy that you all found my review helfpul and entertaining! I really enjoyed putting the review and pictures together!

:)

Edited by red-dragon

Wow! So impressive. Thanks for a review that makes any reader feel like they were in your pocket for every meal! We're on the Oasis in June and your pictures are making wish I was having that Vidalia Onion tart tonight!

I have to ask, was there any sort of awkwardness in the mdr or chops when you guys ordered many different items? Like did the waiter do a double take or anything or were they like "no prob!"

I am looking to experience a similar foodie outing but the hubby says its not nice to do that. Just want to know from someone who tried as much as they wanted how you asked and how they replied.

thanks!

I have to ask, was there any sort of awkwardness in the mdr or chops when you guys ordered many different items? Like did the waiter do a double take or anything or were they like "no prob!"

I am looking to experience a similar foodie outing but the hubby says its not nice to do that. Just want to know from someone who tried as much as they wanted how you asked and how they replied.

thanks!

Hi Spabsie,

You will read comments how some will try everything, others will say its wasteful, etc.

For us, we personally did and chose what “we” wanted to do. It was our cruise after all, we’re foodies who love food and we enjoyed our dining experiences immensely!

We always ordered multiple appetizers, entrees and desserts in the MDR, some times we shared, other times we didn’t. The great thing is that you can do this on a cruise (from what I’ve read here on CC), but certainly not at a regular restaurant on land.

We were never made to feel uncomfortable in the MDR. Our waiter was amazing and never blinked an eye when I ordered multiple desserts. Mind you, we ate everything, except a few dishes that were either not prepared to our liking, or in our opinion, tasted awful, but they were very few.

Our waiter would bring our entrée for example, and then put another one that we wanted to share in the middle.

The only time I felt uncomfortable was at Chops Grille and I believe it had more to do with the waiter’s attitude. We saw many tables order multiple appetizers/sides/desserts. From what I read here though, I believe the entrée is limited to one in Chops Grille. For someone with a hearty appetite, after the appetizers and the sides, I wouldn’t be able to eat more than one entrée, unless I gave up dessert afterwards, which would never happen ….LOL

Personally, I wouldn’t worry about it, we enjoyed our food so much, and if we did have a problem, we would speak to the Head Waiter.

The only time we needed to speak up and didn’t, was at Chops Grille and we didn’t want to ruin our evening or feel uncomfortable by asking to switch waiters.

BTW, after our dinner at 150 Central Park, which was an amazing experience, we were both still hungry. When we visited the MDR to say good-bye to our waiters (Day 7) and give them their gratuities, our Head Waiter invited us to stay for dinner, but we declined!

(I see from your avatar, you’re a cake lover like me!)

Enjoy your cruise and the food!

We did that on our Explorer cruise. We went to the specialty restaurant and then after sat down at our table and "hung out" with them while they finished their meal. The waiters offered to bring us out dinner, but we declined. I think we did share a dessert though. :p

thanks!

No cruise I have ever been on has objected to extra orders. The waiters know that that is one of the perks of cruising. When we have had assigned seating we had our waiter have one of each appetizer ready for our table when we sat down, and also our drinks (non alcoholic) waiting. They also know that in that brief wait for the appetizers to havee the cheese plate from the dessert waiting for us. No problem. We have encouraged our kids to try other things that they don't usually get at home. Good chance to try stuff to find out if you like it. You can always order something different. RFCL had good enough food. The only cruise line where we sometimes couldn't find something inthe dinigh room we liked was Norwegian. They repeat their m enue every few nights. I heard someone say (an adult male) that he wasn't having turkey one more time and he stormed out of the dining room. The menu was very limited and bland even for me who is not very adventurous at the dining table.