Question about Labadee

Smitty815

Just two quick questions for anyone who has been to Labadee recently:

- Do they still serve a free buffet on the beach at midday?

- Are the blue mats for the water free? I just looked online at excursions and the mats are listed as a something you need to pay for. When I was there in April-2015 they were free to use.

Thanks!

Just two quick questions for anyone who has been to Labadee recently:

- Do they still serve a free buffet on the beach at midday?

- Are the blue mats for the water free? I just looked online at excursions and the mats are listed as a something you need to pay for. When I was there in April-2015 they were free to use.

Thanks!

Still do the buffet......

In all the times we have been to Labadee (most recent in December, 2016) there has always been a fee for the mats.

I was in Labadee a few days ago. The barbecue lunch is still served at all three locations...and frankly, the burgers there tasted better than the nasty ones in the Windjammer.

There are floaty-mat rental locations near the beaches, so there is a charge for those (I'd assume $15-20 for a day).

Wear some sun protection; that sun was FIERCE! :eek:

I was in Labadee a few days ago. The barbecue lunch is still served at all three locations...and frankly, the burgers there tasted better than the nasty ones in the Windjammer.

There are floaty-mat rental locations near the beaches, so there is a charge for those (I'd assume $15-20 for a day).

Which "3" locations serve lunch?

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in a junior suite on Harmony in May. Is Barefoot beach still reserved for grand suite and higher guest?

If so, which is the next best beach location on Labadee?

Yes, Barefoot is for GS and better.

We like Columbus Cove.

Were there a lot of flies around the food ? The last time we were there it was terrible -

My friend has a great "secret" for Labadee- she gets off the ship asap, heads to the beach that has the cabanas on it (can't remember what its called), finds a guy that works there and gives him $20. For $20, the four of us each got a blue floaty mat, a lounger, and a shared umbrella thing. He also took great care of us all day (including watching our stuff when we got lunch, and making sure no one took our loungers). At the end, we each gave him another tip... I can't remember how much we each gave him as a tip- it was something like $5-$20 each.

Which "3" locations serve lunch?

Thx

I forget the exact names, but there is a location near Columbus Cove, a location close to the pier, and one out by Adrenaline Beach.

Were there a lot of flies around the food ? The last time we were there it was terrible -

There were some, but it wasn't so bad as to be a turn-off. I was pretty happy with the buffet served, tbh.

I forgot , does being a suite guest get a spot on the island seperate from the rest? We had rented cabanas, over the water cabins etc in the past. Not sure if I need to do reserve cabanas this time around. I tan fast, DW can get a moon burn LOL:eek::D. Shade will keep the peace!

I forgot , does being a suite guest get a spot on the island seperate from the rest? We had rented cabanas, over the water cabins etc in the past. Not sure if I need to do reserve cabanas this time around. I tan fast, DW can get a moon burn LOL:eek::D. Shade will keep the peace!

Grand Suite and above, and anyone who can reserve a cabana at Barefoot Beach, will be admitted to Barefoot Beach.

If not in either of those categories, there are cabanas that can be rented on Nellie's Beach.

You should see the Nellie's Beach cabanas in your Cruise Planner under Shore Excursions.

If you are in a GS or higher, email the Concierge.

Guests in Grand Suites and better have access to Barefoot Beach and and an upgraded lunch buffet.

We are Crown Loft Balcony Suite deck 17.

So, do we ger a shaded deal or shoukd I book one, if any are left?

Ever since they changed the names of categories, I loose track?

Thanks

You get admission to Barefoot Beach. If you want a cabana, you must rent one.

Thanks, what is the deal with Batefoot Beach? Are there covered cabana i need to rent?

Barefoot Beach is a nice, access controlled beach, with lounge chairs and an upgraded buffet lunch that suite full suite guests have access to for no additional cost. There are also covered cabanas there that can be rented for additional cost, up to $495 depending on the type. Each cabana can hold 6 guests. The Suite Concierge can reserve a cabana for you.

Checked for suite cabanas for our Nov 2017 cruise and they are already sold out!

Does anyone have the email address for the Navigator Suite Concierge?

Doubtful they are sold out.

Probably not listed yet, or Concierge not booking them

Enjoy