Difference between Premium and Specialty Coffee

islandjacquelin

Hi - probably a dumb question, but I am trying to decide on whether to get the classic or premium NA bev package. What is the difference between Premium and specialty coffees? Is a regular latte, for example, premium or specialty.

Thanks from a newbie:)

All "regular" espresso based coffee drinks are considered premium coffees and are included in both the Classic and Premium Unlimited Beverage Packages. This includes basic espresso, latte, cappuccino, americano, etc.

Here is a link to a coffee bar menu from a December cruise on the Silhouette: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfs...e-Dec-2012.pdf

While I was there I asked someone at the Cafe al Bacio which of the drinks would not be included in the non-alcoholic classic beverage package. She indicated that the coffees not included in the NA classic package were those on pages 4 and 5 of the menu under the "Other Favorites" and "More Favorites" heading.

Edited by Lsimon

All of the following are included in the classic package, and I was able to get cappuccinos with two shots in them on request. Edit: I have noticed that all the included drinks are $4 or less.

Ristretto

Espresso

Doppio

Macchiato

Cappuccino

Latte

Americano

Mocha

White Chocolate Mocha

Caramel Macchiato

Hot Chocolate

All "Tea Forte" Selections

What is not included in classic:

Teas over Ice

La Creme

Caffe Viennese

Espresso ai Fruitti di Bosco

Espresso Croccante

Espresso Caraibico

Epsresso Melba

Caffe Shakerato (served chilled)

Ice Bianco Espresso

Affogato

IGLU (Caffe Frappe)

Cafe Al Bacio Menu including descriptions. As said earlier, the page 4 & 5 are the non-included (except hot chocolate)

Edited by Gig103

I love the people on this forum!!! Thanks so much - that makes my decision easy ( and cheap!)

Enjoy!! I spent a lot of time at Cafe Al Bacio, I really enjoyed the service, the music, and the coffee. Upon boarding I bought one espresso to try to make sure I liked it, and on the first sip, I asked the barista "Before I pay for this can I get the classic NA package instead?" Which she obliged :)

I ended up using the package for bottled water more than I thought I would, too - great to pick up a liter sized bottle from the OV Cafe before going ashore for the day!

All of the following are included in the classic package, and I was able to get cappuccinos with two shots in them on request. Edit: I have noticed that all the included drinks are $4 or less.

Ristretto

Espresso

Doppio

Macchiato

Cappuccino

Latte

Americano

Mocha

White Chocolate Mocha

Caramel Macchiato

Hot Chocolate

All "Tea Forte" Selections

What is not included in classic:

Teas over Ice

La Creme

Caffe Viennese

Espresso ai Fruitti di Bosco

Espresso Croccante

Espresso Caraibico

Epsresso Melba

Caffe Shakerato (served chilled)

Ice Bianco Espresso

Affogato

IGLU (Caffe Frappe)

Cafe Al Bacio Menu including descriptions. As said earlier, the page 4 & 5 are the non-included (except hot chocolate)

The Iced Teas are also Tea Forte, so not all of the Tea Fortes, but I see you did mention Iced Teas.

We just got a Tea Over Ice pitcher system from Amazon like they use at Al Bacio. Having fun with it. The Tea Forte pyramids are expensive though, about $2 each online. Didn't buy any of those.

I'm trying to decide what package to buy. We dont drink any alcohol, and I drink only iced coffee( that I usually make with sugar free syrup).Usually one per day. We're also in aqau class so dont need bottled water. What do you suggest? This is our first cruise.

I was able to get the raspberry pomegranate ice tea with the classic package. She just brewed the tea with a tea Forte bag, then poured it over ice. It was good but strong. I believe it was on the menu for $4.

Yes, it's only the 3 that are $5 that you can't get with the Classic. You can get any of the others over ice.

I'm trying to decide what package to buy. We dont drink any alcohol, and I drink only iced coffee( that I usually make with sugar free syrup).Usually one per day. We're also in aqau class so dont need bottled water. What do you suggest? This is our first cruise.

I'd probably skip the package if you are only having one coffee a day and water (and iced tea) from AQ. Or consider a soda only package if you drink 3+ of those per day.

• 2 weeks later...
All "regular" espresso based coffee drinks are considered premium coffees and are included in both the Classic and Premium Unlimited Beverage Packages. This includes basic espresso, latte, cappuccino, americano, etc.

Here is a link to a coffee bar menu from a December cruise on the Silhouette: http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfs...e-Dec-2012.pdf

While I was there I asked someone at the Cafe al Bacio which of the drinks would not be included in the non-alcoholic classic beverage package. She indicated that the coffees not included in the NA classic package were those on pages 4 and 5 of the menu under the "Other Favorites" and "More Favorites" heading.

Unfortunately the link doesn't work for me - how about others?

Not sure why the link above didn't work - must of gotten corrupted when I posted it. Here is the link again - this should work:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

We just got back from the Eclipse 14 night cruise. The menu was the same. I asked the same question one morning when the Cafe Al Bacio Bar Manager was there as I wanted to confirm what I heard on the Silhouette and ask a follow up question as to whether there was any difference in what was included for the Classic Alcoholic package vs. non-alcoholic package to answer a question on another thread. This time the answer I got was completely different as they said the classic packages (both of them) cover all the items on the Cafe Al Bacio menu!

The bottom line here is that there is apparently a big of inconsistency as to what they believe is covered by the two different levels so you may not know for sure until you get on board and ask.

Cruise Bucket List

Panama Canal

Baltic Sea

Transatlantic

Mediterranean once Egypt is visited again

Just an affirmation of your bucket list - we have done the full transit of the Panama Canal and it was awesome - one of our favorite crusie ship experiences. Of course it was on a 15 day repositioning cruise so it was an overall great experience. We are on a Med cruise this summer so will be fulfilling that goal as well - would also confirm Egypt as a great place to visit (as soon as things calm down a little maybe). Cairo Museum is the best museum I've ever been to. Have fun!

• 3 years later...
Not sure why the link above didn't work - must of gotten corrupted when I posted it. Here is the link again - this should work:

http://lfsimon.home.comcast.net/~lfsimon/Cafe-al-Bacio-Menu-Silhouette-Dec-2012.pdf

We just got back from the Eclipse 14 night cruise. The menu was the same. I asked the same question one morning when the Cafe Al Bacio Bar Manager was there as I wanted to confirm what I heard on the Silhouette and ask a follow up question as to whether there was any difference in what was included for the Classic Alcoholic package vs. non-alcoholic package to answer a question on another thread. This time the answer I got was completely different as they said the classic packages (both of them) cover all the items on the Cafe Al Bacio menu!

The bottom line here is that there is apparently a big of inconsistency as to what they believe is covered by the two different levels so you may not know for sure until you get on board and ask.

Alright does anyone have a recent update 2016 on the coffee situation what is covered under the Classic Non-Alcoholic Package. Really want Iced Coffees to be there....

The Iced Teas are also Tea Forte, so not all of the Tea Fortes, but I see you did mention Iced Teas.

We just got a Tea Over Ice pitcher system from Amazon like they use at Al Bacio. Having fun with it. The Tea Forte pyramids are expensive though, about $2 each online. Didn't buy any of those.

Check out the loose teas on the Tea Forte site - much cheaper per serving and they have specials periodically. :D And they have a bunch of different flavors. If you have some sort of tea ball type infuser you could probably use it instead of the pyramid tea bags.

Check out the loose teas on the Tea Forte site - much cheaper per serving and they have specials periodically. :D And they have a bunch of different flavors. If you have some sort of tea ball type infuser you could probably use it instead of the pyramid tea bags.

You can also often find small Tea Forte "gift boxes" on sale at bookstores like Chapters (can't remember the US equivalent anymore). They go on clearance at the end of the season, and at that time even in Canada I have often been able to pick up Tea Forte for ~$0.75 / bag. I've seen them on Groupon as well for a much bigger box, but I haven't checked that site in a few years.

Hi - probably a dumb question, but I am trying to decide on whether to get the classic or premium NA bev package. What is the difference between Premium and specialty coffees? Is a regular latte, for example, premium or specialty.

Thanks from a newbie:)

Premium coffee is in reference to our Cova and Lavazza cappuccinos, lattes, mochaccinos, etc. that would normally be for charge to the guests.

Specialty coffees refer to our exotic coffee cocktails such as Sailor's Coffee (Millennium Class) with Amaretto, Malibu Rum, Kahlúa liqueur and whipped cream, or the Espresso Melba (Solstice Class) with peaches, hot chocolate, whipped cream and crushed biscotti.

Selections vary by class of ship.

Thanks for the response celebrity. That helps out a bit. But one of my biggest concerns on the classic nonalcoholic package. Our iced coffee beverages included without liquor

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Enjoy!! I spent a lot of time at Cafe Al Bacio, I really enjoyed the service, the music, and the coffee. Upon boarding I bought one espresso to try to make sure I liked it, and on the first sip, I asked the barista "Before I pay for this can I get the classic NA package instead?" Which she obliged :)

I ended up using the package for bottled water more than I thought I would, too - great to pick up a liter sized bottle from the OV Cafe before going ashore for the day!

I hope this info is still current, as we are going on the Celebrity Silhouette on Dec 4th for 7 nights. I want good coffee, sometime cappuccino and bottled water to take on excursions. We have a soda stream at home, so my boyfriend is picky about water, so he like selzer water and maybe club soda will do. We are thinking about buying one Premium NA drink package for him and one Classic NA drink package for me. Does this make sense?

I hope this info is still current, as we are going on the Celebrity Silhouette on Dec 4th for 7 nights. I want good coffee, sometime cappuccino and bottled water to take on excursions. We have a soda stream at home, so my boyfriend is picky about water, so he like selzer water and maybe club soda will do. We are thinking about buying one Premium NA drink package for him and one Classic NA drink package for me. Does this make sense?

Perfect sense!