Why book a 1A?

mafig

Our last few X cruises we were in Concierge and Aqua, but DH is one of the few who didn't care for Blu.

We're thinking of Equinox for October, and I thought I'd take your advice and book a balcony and use the savings for a specialty dining package.

Looking at the 1A. I know the balcony is bigger. However, in the past when we've booked a larger balcony we also had more furniture (foot stools, loungers). I know that the 1As only have two chairs and a small table .... on a large balcony. What's the appeal? Am I missing something? Do you perhaps bring your own foot stools? Bring the table from inside? Let me know if there's something else I should know.:)

If balcony size isn't a factor why not save more $$$ by selecting a lower category. Only some 1A cabins have the larger balconies.

The new Blu menu is currently being rolled out and will be on Silhouette following the Charter cruises.

I have a 1A also...but booked the one's that are on the slant of the hump. Very deep balcony, so 1/2 is in the shade (no one can see you either, from above) and 1/2 is in the sun (exposed). The pics I have from the sticky, there are 3 chairs and a table (not from the cabin), but there is more than enough room for loungers. I do not know if the steward would get them for you though. (we don't leave until October):cool:

PS; Unless you have a suite, I believe ALL of the balcony cabins are the same size, regardless of category.

Edited by champagne123

Our 1a had the small table & 2 chairs no extra chairs or lounger could be added. We were on the forward slant and found it very windy. Not a cabin we would chose again.

We had the new menu in Blu on the Equinox last month & loved it.

PS; Unless you have a suite, I believe ALL of the balcony cabins are the same size, regardless of category.

Correct, all the cabins (apart from suites) are the same size on S class ships - not so for M class though ;). It's more about personal preferred cabin location on S class. We do not like the overhang so would never consider a cabin in that location, irrespective of actual cabin class.

We had the new menu in Blu on the Equinox last month & loved it.

Did the new menu include hash browns and corned beef hash for b'fast? Prime rib for dinner? Otherwise, dh says NO. (LOL):D He also didn't like that "stuff" on his lobster.:eek:

Did the new menu include hash browns and corned beef hash for b'fast? Prime rib for dinner? Otherwise, dh says NO. (LOL):D He also didn't like that "stuff" on his lobster.:eek:

May I suggest you read MR. T'S review, if you have time. I believe page 3 shows how small the balcony is as opposed to the slant 1A's. Page 4 he begins posting Drink Menu's and page 5 begins Dining room menu's (including Blu). It is a GREAT and thorough review of the Equinox, so try to read it if you can:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494703

It all depends on what you like. We try to book the first cabin on the downwind side of the slant to avoid the wind. They are also the largest in usable space and extend your living area by 40-50%! Their midships location is also a plus in our view, with very little "motion of the ocean".

Now that I've given you all our secrets, please forget you ever read this! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL. Next time just tell them to leave the "stuff" off. :D

It all depends on what you like. We try to book the first cabin on the downwind side of the slant to avoid the wind. They are also the largest in usable space and extend your living area by 40-50%! Their midships location is also a plus in our view, with very little "motion of the ocean".

Now that I've given you all our secrets, please forget you ever read this! [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

HAHAHAHA....too late!!!! Found the "secret" elsewhere and booked it immediately. Thank you for confirming how great it is! :cool: