Faster to the Fun Question

Asking the more experienced Carnival Cruisers a random question. Faster to the Fun is not available for an upcoming cruise that I have scheduled. What reasons would there be for that, can anyone shed any light on this question? Up to this point, I am guessing that perhaps there are too many Platinum and Diamond members, and not any FTTF available for the rest of us? I am just curious, and really want to get it set for September. I have been checking regularly, but no luck thus far.

Thanks so much!!

Asking the more experienced Carnival Cruisers a random question. Faster to the Fun is not available for an upcoming cruise that I have scheduled. What reasons would there be for that, can anyone shed any light on this question? Up to this point, I am guessing that perhaps there are too many Platinum and Diamond members, and not any FTTF available for the rest of us? I am just curious, and really want to get it set for September. I have been checking regularly, but no luck thus far.

Thanks so much!!

In theory, you are correct as to why there are no FTTF available.

Do I believe that it's actually controlled by number of Platinums and Diamonds? No! I think it's based on revenue for the cruise.

"Oh, too many people booked using a sale fare!" or

"Not enough people bought Cheers so we're not making enough money!"

"I know, let's open up more FTTF spots."

Edited by stargate fan

Keep an eye on it because FTTF was not available actually it said sold out when I booked my cruise back in February but I just checked back recently and it was available 42 days before I cruise so of course I got it.

What would be the rationale for not having it for a Journeys cruise? Just curious...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This seems to have changed recently. Carnival site now says FTTF won't be offered on Journey's cruises. I believe it is because some of the perks such as early luggage and early room availability. Journey's cruises tend to have a LOT of Diamonds/Platinums. I think it is just too much to try to get all those rooms ready early and all the luggage to the rooms early. I am guessing, no fact to my answer as to why.

This seems to have changed recently. Carnival site now says FTTF won't be offered on Journey's cruises. I believe it is because some of the perks such as early luggage and early room availability. Journey's cruises tend to have a LOT of Diamonds/Platinums. I think it is just too much to try to get all those rooms ready early and all the luggage to the rooms early. I am guessing, no fact to my answer as to why.

To me this is logical rational based on the experience of 2 Journeys cruises last year on 2 different ships and from different ports.

In both cases our party arrived at port by 11 as drop off passengers, and though we processed through check-in in a reasonable amount of time it was nowhere near as fast as the normal priority intake was, also there was no room left in the priority waiting lounge as boarding had not started yet. (In 1 case the ship was delayed by 90 minutes and the second time we had to wait on special inspections) So they had us in the overflow normally used for the FttF, and the FttF people were in the general boarding area.

Finally we made it aboard about 12:30/1 pm figuring at least the luggage should be at the room, it was not. Dropped off the carry-ons had lunch, went back to the cabin still no bags and no one else's seen in the hall, walked around for another hour of so checked again and no for our bags but there were a few scatter orange tags now in the hall, final muster was called and upon returning after that finally our bags were at the cabin door. Went to dinner then returning around 8 they were still getting non-priority bags put outside the cabins doors. It seems that there were 5 or more pieces of luggage for each cabin.

Later in both of the cruise they announced just how many Platinum and Diamond passengers there were and both times the amount exceeded half of the passenger count for the voyage. In fact on the Vista's Journey cruise they had to hold something like 4 Platinum/Diamond parties over 2 days in the theater because of how many there were.

Thanks so much!!

The slots are sold out.

Right from Carnival web site, FTTF FAQ page:

Q: Is there some sort of control on how many people can purchase FTTF, i.e., if huge numbers of people purchase priority access, then how will you be able to accommodate everyone?

A: Yes - the program will be capacity controlled and closely monitored to ensure excellent service for FTTF guests and VIFP Diamond and Platinum members, as well as all guests vacationing with us.