If They Split Your OBC

Orator

Good morning, if I missed this information, my apology in advance...in march I am sailing with DS and we have 450 dollars in OBC, I do want this divided so that she has her share and I have mine. If we check in with separate accounts/pay sources, how do split the OBC? Thanks in advance, Julie

If the two cabin accounts are linked to the same credit card, then the totals for both accounts will be combined and any unused OBC from one account will thus apply to charges to the other account.

Yes, if all goes as planned. In our case, even with the same credit card on file for both of us, the credit card would have been charged for the amount charged on my DH's folio and the non refundable credit on my folio would have been lost. Took guest relations about 5 minutes to get everything joined so that the total charged was minus the OBC. I guess I could have gotten things straightened our once we got home but it would have taken a lot of time and explaining after the fact.

Good morning, if I missed this information, my apology in advance...in march I am sailing with DS and we have 450 dollars in OBC, I do want this divided so that she has her share and I have mine. If we check in with separate accounts/pay sources, how do split the OBC? Thanks in advance, Julie

Go to guests relations after you board and ask them to split it between your accounts the way you want.

Orator

Many thanks for this heads up. May I ask how you can tell that the OBC had been allocated that way because I am sure that, in the past, our OBR has been allocated to one folio number or the other but it has not mattered?

We have a huge (compared with the average passenger) amount of OBC, most of it purchased by us. It is intended to cover all our on board purchases. Clearly you are not speaking of purchased OBC but, if they do the same with that type of OBC, it will make life extremely difficult having to remember who needs to sign for things so that we do not end up with credit for one person and debit for the other.

Why does Celebrity make life difficult for those who plan carefully to have a relaxing time on board?

Go to the account section on your interactive TV. Click on the names and see if your gratuities have been divided. If they have there is a very good chance that your accounts have been separated. Call or go to Guest Relations and tell them that you want to combine the accounts. Do nothing if you want to keep them separated.

Go to the account section on your interactive TV. Click on the names and see if your gratuities have been divided. If they have there is a very good chance that your accounts have been separated. Call or go to Guest Relations and tell them that you want to combine the accounts. Do nothing if you want to keep them separated.

Many thanks. I will be sure to check.

We had this happen on Solstice in Sept.

What many people here need to realize is that perhaps the way things have been in the past are not what they're going to be in the future.

We've always checked in with one account and whichever Sea Pass we used it came out of the overall OBC. On the TV account you would seem the same exact charges for both people.

I know exactly what Orator is talking about here. We had to get all the OBC put in my account and then use my card for purchases. We've been on quite a few Celebrity cruises so we know the drill. This was different.

What many people here need to realize is that perhaps the way things have been in the past are not what they're going to be in the future.

We've always checked in with one account and whichever Sea Pass we used it came out of the overall OBC. On the TV account you would seem the same exact charges for both people.

I know exactly what Orator is talking about here. We had to get all the OBC put in my account and then use my card for purchases. We've been on quite a few Celebrity cruises so we know the drill. This was different.

Same happened to me on my October cruise. Customer relations adjusted accounts but had to be sure to charge everything on husbands card.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are the one who booked the cruise, all of the OBC will be allocated to your sea pass card. To have it split or allocated to your wishes, all you need do is go to Customer Relations and tell them how you want it split. We do this all the time and it is no problem! I can understand that couples normally choose to leave it all on one card, but when two solos are traveling and sharing the same booking it is common practice to split the OBC.

If you are the one who booked the cruise, all of the OBC will be allocated to your sea pass card.

This is definitely not what happens. It should, but in our case I am always the one who books the cruise, deals with Celebrity and is the first name on every cruise. Yet, still, it is my husband who Celebrity writes to, gets the OBC allocated to him and is treated as the person who booked the cruise in every way. I am even called "Mrs Richard" (Richard is my husband's first name) when I am on board. I even have printed place cards to prove it.

Oh, yes, and it will me that has to sort this out if we are allocated different account on board ...

Edited by Project_gal

Sue, this sounds very familiar to me! Celebrity & Costa did this. Next week I can make the Web check in for the Equinox cruise and expect to find my husbands name on first place again. At the moment it is mine.... He loves to cruise, too, but doesn't care for anything, just wants to know the date when we are leaving. :rolleyes:

Edited by black forest

I also know exactly what Orator is referring to. We left the Solstice October 22nd after a B2B set. It happened on both legs.

This is definitely not what happens. It should, but in our case I am always the one who books the cruise, deals with Celebrity and is the first name on every cruise. Yet, still, it is my husband who Celebrity writes to, gets the OBC allocated to him and is treated as the person who booked the cruise in every way. I am even called "Mrs Richard" (Richard is my husband's first name) when I am on board. I even have printed place cards to prove it.

Oh, yes, and it will me that has to sort this out if we are allocated different account on board ...

I can only report on my experience. They evidently treat married couples differently, which is unfortunate.

If the two cabin accounts are linked to the same credit card, then the totals for both accounts will be combined and any unused OBC from one account will thus apply to charges to the other account.

This was not the case for us. On our last cruise, my husband and I were in different cabins, but both cabins were linked to the same credit card. When I got a printout of our bill on the final evening, it showed that we actually owed money for one cabin while still having all of our OBC listed for the second cabin. Customer relations had to manually transfer the OBC from one cabin to the other to cover the debt. They said that our credit card would have been billed if we had debarked without having them fix it.

This was not the case for us. On our last cruise, my husband and I were in different cabins, but both cabins were linked to the same credit card. When I got a printout of our bill on the final evening, it showed that we actually owed money for one cabin while still having all of our OBC listed for the second cabin. Customer relations had to manually transfer the OBC from one cabin to the other to cover the debt. They said that our credit card would have been billed if we had debarked without having them fix it.

Exactly what would have happened to us on our Eclipse cruise even though we were in the same suite. On future cruises I'll be sure go give my sea pass to charge things.