Bundle up if you are crusiing out of FL in the next couple days

bajathree

baja...I hear ya!!!! I'm a little bit north of you and I'M FREEZING UP HERE!!!!! I sure hope this weather changes before my cruise next month. I'll have to trade in my bathing suit for a parka! My lawn is white with frost and I didn't have time to get out and cover everything...so all my tropicals are probably toast :(.

Here in Satellite Beach it was 47 degrees when I left for work!! Love this time of year....get to wear sweaters, tights and all the other cold weather clothes that I buy on clearance!! I could do without the wind though.......still makes me smile when I hear the weather people report that it's "47 degrees outside but with the wind chill it feels like 38".

Lynda

Below freezing here in East Hernando County tonight and predicted to be in the high 20's tomorrow night. Way too early for this kind of weather.:(

Indeed. Last year I was still getting in the pool almost up to Christmas; I think after this snap I'll be done swimming until April.

Where are you, Ridge Manor? I live in DC.

Just wanted to say hello to a fellow Hernandonian...if that is even a word :). It sure is darn cold though huh?

I too am a Hernandonian, Hernandoan, Hernandon, whatever. Born & raised in Ridge Manor but moved to the metropolis of Dade City for most of my adult life.

Indeed. Last year I was still getting in the pool almost up to Christmas; I think after this snap I'll be done swimming until April.

Where are you, Ridge Manor? I live in DC.

Yes, we live in Ridge Manor. Also, done with swimming until next April..:(

I too am a Hernandonian, Hernandoan, Hernandon, whatever. Born & raised in Ridge Manor but moved to the metropolis of Dade City for most of my adult life.

I was born and raised in the Tampa area but have lived here in Ridge Manor for the last 10 years or so. BTW, the metropolis of Dade City is still about the same...;)

Miaimi's forecast for the next few days - highs in the low to mid 70s, lows in the mid 50s (low 60s by the weekend) - getting steadily warmer as the days go by. I think it's supposed to be very clear pretty well across the state - bright blue skies filled with sunshine, just a bit cooler than normal.

As for Christmas eve, who knows. I'll predict in central FL it will be somewhere between 9 & 90F. We get some pretty cold days, but it doesn't stay cold for long - you just have to hope the cold snap doesn't coincide with your trip.

As for Christmas eve, who knows. I'll predict in central FL it will be somewhere between 9 & 90F. We get some pretty cold days, but it doesn't stay cold for long - you just have to hope the cold snap doesn't coincide with your trip.

Cruzo...lol...SeaPA1 is right. There is no way to predict that far out. The weather in FL is very unpredictable in the winter. Right now I look at my outdoor temp and it is in the 30s...suppose to get up to the 60s today where I live in Central Florida. But, they predict mid 70s for the weekend. Nov-Feb....you could have 60s...and then get lucky with some upper 70s lower 80s.

very funny:D i tell everyone that there are 2 professions where you can be wrong everyday and still have a job...meteorologist and stock broker:)

as long as it looks like it's moving up in the foreseeable future....i'm happy. i know that could change by december but hope springs eternal.

I am in the northern part of the state...Jacksonville got down

to 28 at the airport this morning:eek:and where I live was about

33:eek:

Yes, its very early in the season to be this cold. And tonite

is another freeze warning. It usually gets this cold in January,

not the week before Thanksgiving.

Who asked about Christmas in South Florida? You need to ask

that same question on or about Dec 20th;):)

My mother and daddy are some of the few people that have heat in their home in Key West and so mother had all the neighbors over this morning!

I was born and raised in Key West and a 5 generation conch. I can remember when we did not have any types of heat in any of the houses down there except a blanket that had been put over light bulbs to "warm" them up as we jumped into our cold beds, but also remembered we always went swimming on Christmas and New Years Day. Times have certainly changed :-)

I was born and raised in Key West and a 5 generation conch. I can remember when we did not have any types of heat in any of the houses down there except a blanket that had been put over light bulbs to "warm" them up as we jumped into our cold beds, but also remembered we always went swimming on Christmas and New Years Day. Times have certainly changed :-)

They put in auxillary heat (South Florida heat like the toaster things not normal heat) when they revamped their house.

I'm sure the newer houses have some sort of auxillary heat (Truman Annex and New Town) but they have one older houses in Old Town.

I can remember really cold Christmases and really nice ones too! 2000 is a year that comes to mind!

Hi all of you Floridians! We will be in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale the first week in January. Obviously I know that you can't predict weather for me this far out but I was wondering if the pool water at hotels will still be warm enough for us to enjoy. We have booked one hotel with a heated outdoor pool :D but the other hotel pool is not heated. Just wondering...Thanks!

Archived