Walking to Pike's Market

jamesnnb

What would be the best/easiest route to walk to Pike's Market from the ship's terminal (Princess -- this month) to avoid a bunch of stairs? I see the google route takes Lenore Steps but I'm not sure if there is an elevator there? Any suggestions? It looks to be less than a mile walk.

What would be the best/easiest route to walk to Pike's Market from the ship's terminal (Princess -- this month) to avoid a bunch of stairs? I see the google route takes Lenore Steps but I'm not sure if there is an elevator there? Any suggestions? It looks to be less than a mile walk.

Are you docking at Pier 91 Smith Cove or Pier 66 Bell St? I have cruised out of Seattle 3 times in the last 6 yrs on Princess and once on Holland and we were up at Pier 91 no where near Pike's Market. Hope you get Pier 66...but i would definitely check.

Edited by Magellan321

Princess uses Smith Cove Pier 91. It would be a 3 mile walk each way.

Through a largely industrial and very trafficky area, with MANY stairs.

Please note: There is no "s" in "Pike Place Market." It is named for the street on which it sits, Pike Place.

Seems like every place has something visitors mispronounce or are unclear of a distinction. I know I have butchered many a place name that would make locals shudder. Pike Place Market is one of those for Seattle. Someday the whole world will be "corrected". :D First time I visited my parents in AZ I got "corrected" on Camelback Mt. for adding " 's " to camel.

Once in awhile a cruiseline normally at Pier 91 will use 66 for port call stops (not sailings). Especially if 66 is empty for the duration of the stop. Not on the Port schedule but if the OP's stop is a port call they might get lucky if it is on a blank day on the schedule.

I suppose the cab people would not like it but it is surprising (to me) that the Port people or Chamber of Commerce don't operate a shuttle bus between the terminals on days with a port of call stop. Get more people downtown to spend money. :cool:

Edited by Sequim88
Evil spellchecker

I love it when someone from the east side tries to say PUYALLUP. Our table mates on our last cruise walked from the light rail station at Westlake center to Pier 91. They said it wasn’t a bad walk, a course they were about 25 years younger than we are, they each had a backpack and hers had wheels on it so she could roll if she wanted. After the cruise they walked back to Westlake center to get the light rail to Sea-Tac.

I love it when someone from the east side tries to say PUYALLUP

Lived there for 8 years in the 1990's. One co-worker in Tacoma NEVER got it right and pronounced it Poee-el-up. Like it twisted his tongue like a pretzel.

Yes, Westlake to PPM is 3-4 blocks in a relatively flat area of downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

I have walked from pier 91 to PIke Place Market and much of the walk is through a park with some fun art and a rose garden and a dedicated paved walkway. There are parts of it that are a bit funny, especially close to the pier. It's hard to figure out where you're supposed to go, but once you find your way onto the pathway in the park it's lovely all along the water. I was tired after the walk and had used up some of my Pike Place Market energy! Had to take it easy smelling lots of flowers and sampling bits of market fare to recoup!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Since you are all talking about walking in the area of Pike Place market can I ask if anyone has walked from the Westlake station to the Moore Hotel on 2nd? Directions say to walk up Pine from the station and then make a right on 2nd to the hotel.

We'd like to be able to use the light rail from the airport to the hotel, but I did notice an incline on 2nd and we'll be carrying/rolling suitcases. My husband does have some issues, but they would be related to an incline rather than just walking.

Would the Pike Place market area require us to walk the supposed incline also, if we decided to go look around after checking in.

Thank you.