Cabin choices

Knighthunter

Hi

My wife and I are thinking of a Caribbean Cruise next spring and we would like to bring my older brother (83) with us. In general what sort of cabin options would we have to accommodate 3 adults with separate/private sleeping areas?

More than likely you'll need 2 cabins...you can get connecting cabins..this would work out best.

More than likely you'll need 2 cabins...you can get connecting cabins..this would work out best.

I agree that this is probably your best option for truly separate sleeping areas. Just be aware that the cabin with only one person will still be charged for double occupancy unless there is some sort of single supplement deal where the single person may only have to pay 150% of the double occupancy rate. You may want to check this out. :)

• 3 weeks later...

DW and I are coming up on age 70 and on a recent NCL cruise we took advantage of an NCL promo that third and fourth persons in the cabin were FREE. We took advantage of this promo and invited my Step-daughter to join us.

We were in an aft balcony on the Sun doing Alaska. Three in a cabin is an adjustment, but we managed.

You do need to plan when people will use the restroom and how to manage storage of more stuff.

One thing is that in our cabin the sofa was near the balcony door and until the rewards made up the room, it made going out on the balcony more of a problem.

If you have budget priorities, three in a cabin can work, but on a long cruise with a lot of sea days, you would need to plan to be outside the cabin, since three in an ordinary balcony cabin doesn't work well just to lounge around and read. Of course, if you only have two chairs on the balcony itself, you can take the desk chair outside temporarily, if the weather is good.

Mini suites on Princess (crownm Caribbean, etc.) will have the pull out sofa bed on the other side of the cabin

No real privacy though

and two cabins-- one person will be double occupancy for the cabin

Something to consider--- watch for spring breaks when there will be a ton of kids onboard

Edited by serene56