How reliable are the excursions?

Twinmom1

It depends on if you book through Carnival. They guarantee to get you back. However, the other private companies will do everything in their power as well because they need good reviews and for nothing bad to happen that will hurt their business/livelihood.

The tour should be on time. Carnival won't renew contracts if the operators are often late or get bad reviews.

Just one thing to remember. If the tour ends and you go shopping, then the ship probably won't wait. Also on a previous cruise people visiting Atlantis missed the ship because they didn't return on the last scheduled bus even though they booked through Carnival. But you should be good if the tour runs late and you head directly to the ship.

We are due to leave Grand Turk at 2:30 and the excursion is until 1:30. Should I be worried that we won't make it back in time?

If you return to the pier at 130pm Grand Cayman time it will be 230pm Ship time and you still have to catch a tender to the ship.

I know people have had great experiences booking outside Carnival for excursions, but last year on our excursion to the Magic Kingdom in Port Canaveral we were on the first of three buses back to the ship and due to weather and traffic we arrived at the ship 15 minutes later than we were scheduled to leave.

Had this been a private excursion, I do not think my blood pressure medicine could have kept up. I doubt I will ever book outside Carnival for excursions.

When you book thru the ship, you NEVER, EVER have to worry or think about the time....that's about the only real bonus!

When you book private excursions or do stuff on your own, you MUST keep an eye on the time!!!!

We are due to leave Grand Turk at 2:30 and the excursion is until 1:30. Should I be worried that we won't make it back in time?

We have a Carnival excursion in Costa Maya in April. Catamaran Sail and Snorkel. It says it ends 15 minutes before ship departure. Ship Docks there. I am sure they will have us back by then or sooner. Since its through carnival I have no worries with them getting us back. I wouldn't do it with a vendor that wasn't through the ship. I have used outside vendors with no problems but I wouldn't chance it if your time is close. If you have booked through the cruise line enjoy!!! If its a private vendor I would suggest you better off not to chance it.

Have a great cruise!!!

We have always booked our shore excursions through the cruise line on every cruise.

There have been times when our groups were delayed getting back to the ship on time due to traffic accidents and traffic jams. The ships have always waited.

I think it is well worth it for peace of mind.