Any Kids Sail Free promotions for mid-January cruise?

anonmom

Looking for a good deal on a cruise for next January for my fiancé, our daughter (5) & me. We sailed out of Houston on the NCL Jade this January and loved it, but my fiancé wants to sail out of a warmer port next year. We don't want to spend a lot on airfare, so I think it will have to be MIA or FLL.

We need the cruise to be over MLK day, so that my fiancé and daughter only take 4 days of of work/school. We loved NCL & the Jade, but we definitely only want to spend around $800 each for a balcony cabin and have our daughter sail free. And none of the KSF promotions on NCL cruises out of Miami seem to apply to that week.

What other cruise lines have 3rd passenger free or kids sail free deals going on right now? They would also have to have a drinks promotion like NCL's UBP.

Or does anyone know when NCL is going to expand their KSF promo to 2017 cruises?

Look at other fares without the KSF promotion. Your target price is $1600 for the three of you.

MLK weekend is becoming a very popular time to travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have a hard time finding $100 per person/per day during non-holiday times, and that's for a window room. I can't imagine you'll find a balcony room during a holiday week for $1600 for three. But as Sadie suggested, you want to look for the total you're willing to spend, not for "Kids sail free" because often the "Kids Sail Free" will add up to the same as a similar cabin on another line. That said, MSC often (always?) has kids sail free. Can't help with the drink program - don't know that anyone but NCL offers that. My guess is you're going to have to give up the balcony, the timing and/or the drink program to get to your pricing.

All the best,

Mia

You might look into MSC out of Miami. Kids always sail free, they have tiered packages, and they'll match the "loyalty" level of whatever line(s) you travel on.

I do not have personal experience sailing MSC, but that was going to be my suggestion too. Not sure if they can meet your length criteria, but it would be worth a look at their website.

It looks like MSC Divina is sailing longer itineraries in January 2017. However, if you would consider something shorter than 7 nights, there are lots of options. NCL Pearl has a 5-night out of Miami that includes KSF and drink package that fits your budget. Carnival also looks to have several options (including a few 7-night, and many shorter), and I think their 3rd passenger rates are pretty low. Good luck! :)

We just booked MSC Divina. We are leaving in June though. We booked a Fantastica balcony for 4, with a total of about $2,400. We are also getting $200 onboard credit. Seems like a great deal for sailing in the summer, so I'm sure off peak prices are even better.

The suggestion to look at total package over a specific promo is a great one.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Looking for a good deal on a cruise for next January for my fiancé, our daughter (5) & me. We sailed out of Houston on the NCL Jade this January and loved it, but my fiancé wants to sail out of a warmer port next year. We don't want to spend a lot on airfare, so I think it will have to be MIA or FLL.

We need the cruise to be over MLK day, so that my fiancé and daughter only take 4 days of of work/school. We loved NCL & the Jade, but we definitely only want to spend around $800 each for a balcony cabin and have our daughter sail free. And none of the KSF promotions on NCL cruises out of Miami seem to apply to that week.

What other cruise lines have 3rd passenger free or kids sail free deals going on right now? They would also have to have a drinks promotion like NCL's UBP.

Or does anyone know when NCL is going to expand their KSF promo to 2017 cruises?

I looked at MSC and they have KSF for that week but a 10 day itinerary and did a mock booking ... $1780 for a balcony 2 adults one child under 11. We are sailing in February during Presidents week with MSC and got an even better deal with a balcony. We've done Norwegian and Disney KSF promotions and it's the best way for us to go over a holiday. We weren't thrilled with NCL this past year so we are giving MSC a shot. As our boys are 8 and 11, we don't need an alcohol package as we don't go crazy but MSC has a voucher package that works out to be about $4.40 a drink I believe... You can buy a 12 or 18 voucher booklet. Of note, kids only pay half the daily service charge ($6) where NCL was full amount.

I looked at MSC and they have KSF for that week but a 10 day itinerary and did a mock booking ... $1780 for a balcony 2 adults one child under 11.

The Divina is doing 2 longer runs the week before and the week after, but I can't find any sign of her for January 14-19, 2017. I don't know if that means she is doing a full charter during that time, or a short refurb or? Otherwise I definitely would think that price was good enough to just pay for our drinks with that ticket system.

We ended up paying almost $3k for a week on the Getaway, with unlimited drinks, photo package, arcade credit and pre-paid gratuities. It was definitely more than I was hoping to pay, but no other line had anything cheaper for that specific week.

The Divina is doing 2 longer runs the week before and the week after, but I can't find any sign of her for January 14-19, 2017. I don't know if that means she is doing a full charter during that time, or a short refurb or? Otherwise I definitely would think that price was good enough to just pay for our drinks with that ticket system.

We ended up paying almost $3k for a week on the Getaway, with unlimited drinks, photo package, arcade credit and pre-paid gratuities. It was definitely more than I was hoping to pay, but no other line had anything cheaper for that specific week.

Have a fantastic time!!