Celebrity Luggage Valet

Bird Dad

When we used it last month with JetBlue out of FLL, luggage valet was $20 per bag plus whatever fees the airline charged. For us there was no additional charge. $40 to not worry about the bags until picking them up in Richmond was worth every penny!

We just used it from Equinox, it was $20 per person, not per bag. Worth every penny!

Apologies, another question.

We are from the UK but won't be flying back to the UK directly after the cruise. We will be taking a domestic flight to Washington. The flight will have a UK carrier flight number but the flight will be operated by it's American partner.

Will we still be able to use luggage valet?

Thanks in advance!

Ok, I 'think' I found an answer to my question if the information is current, does this seem correct?:

"This service is available in select ports and with select airlines only. Ports: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles, Miami, Port Canaveral, San Diego, San Juan, Seattle, Seward and Vancouver. Airlines: Air Canada, Air Tran, Alaska Airlines, American, Continental, Delta, Jet Blue, Southwest Airlines, United and US Airways. Airline participation varies by port. Consult the Guest Relations Desk onboard for specific port qualifications and additional information. An additional fee will apply."

We've used the luggage valet many times when we flew Delta but this year, because it was less than 1/2 the price, we are on Jet Blue. Has anyone ever used the luggage valet with Jet Blue? I do realize they need a minimum number of people, hopefully the 4 of us helps.

We've used the luggage valet many times when we flew Delta but this year, because it was less than 1/2 the price, we are on Jet Blue. Has anyone ever used the luggage valet with Jet Blue? I do realize they need a minimum number of people, hopefully the 4 of us helps.

We always fly Jet Blue and use the luggage valet whenever available and never had any problems:). I think the minimum number of people is 15 but don't quote me on that.

How does this work with Customs? I thought you had to be with your luggage at Customs.

J.

To quote a TV commercial for a truck brand: "The Rules Have Changed" at least apparently. I do not know what deal was made between the cruise lines, airlines, and Customs and the TSA. Maybe, it finally dawned on somebody that Customs rarely look at baggage anyway, so why bother with it. Who knows? But, it sure is handy!

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if you can use luggage valet if your flight is the next morning? We arrive on Sunday but flight leaves Monday morning. I searched but could not find any reference. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

Does anyone have any current information on how to receive forms from Celebrity regarding Luggage Valet for both embarking and disembarking. I have not found any mention on their site nor in the Reservation section. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Jeff

Quick question, if you use luggage valet and have early bird check in with Southwest. Since the ship is checking you in for the flight and providing boarding passes, does this in some manner bypass Southwest's system and negate your early bird check it?

Quick question, if you use luggage valet and have early bird check in with Southwest. Since the ship is checking you in for the flight and providing boarding passes, does this in some manner bypass Southwest's system and negate your early bird check it?

Yes. If there is luggage valet on your cruise and your flight is eligible,the ship will deliver your bags and give you boarding passes. When we did it we got an early boarding number first time,but a late one on the second try.

Yes. If there is luggage valet on your cruise and your flight is eligible,the ship will deliver your bags and give you boarding passes. When we did it we got an early boarding number first time,but a late one on the second try.

Darn. That stinks. I would rather deal with my luggage than have bad seats (possibly separate seats) on my long flight home on Southwest. Guess no luggage valet for us.

Darn. That stinks. I would rather deal with my luggage than have bad seats (possibly separate seats) on my long flight home on Southwest. Guess no luggage valet for us.

I don't think your question was specifically answered. There is no reason why the luggage valet should cause you to have a worse boarding position if you paid for EBCI. You are automatically checked in prior to the 24 hour mark. When the valet goes to get boarding passes, they aren't re-checking you in, they are simply doing what you would be doing anyway when you finally printed your own boarding pass

With EBCI you could wait until the airport to print your boarding passes and it wouldn't impact your boarding number.

If, however, you were counting on the valet to check you in right at the 24 hour mark to get you the best boarding position possible, you'd better have another plan (such as paying for EBCI).

Kdog,

That's what I was thinking too. Called SWA and they were not 100% with their answer. If I am paying for EBCI just want to make I will receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kdog,

That's what I was thinking too. Called SWA and they were not 100% with their answer. If I am paying for EBCI just want to make I will receive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because it isn't Southwest's program, they can't give you the 100% answer but, having flown on Southwest dozens of times (some with EBCI), I can tell you that once you are checked in, you don't get rechecked in. Since EBCI checks you in, all the valet would be doing is printing boarding passes, which they wouldn't even need to do as you could use a mobile boarding pass or have it printed at the airport.