6 girlfriends the day before a cruise...Miami?

cookie38

We are 6 girlfriends sailing out of POM in January. (age 52) Flying in from Ohio.

Hoping to arrive before noon the day before. Where to stay with something to do for the day as a bonus? Guessing beach is too expensive? a little shopping possibly? or just a fun place? Hotel suggestions & transfer ideas?

We are 6 girlfriends sailing out of POM in January. (age 52) Flying in from Ohio.

Hoping to arrive before noon the day before. Where to stay with something to do for the day as a bonus? Guessing beach is too expensive? a little shopping possibly? or just a fun place? Hotel suggestions & transfer ideas?

Definitely stay in South Beach at a hotel with a swank pool.

Tons of good shopping, dining, and fun in South Beach.

I would go through Hotwire.

Stay downtown or in the Mary Brickell area. Brickell has shopping and restaurants. Downtown has Bayside for some shopping and food. From downtown to Brickell, its a short cab ride.

It will be the night of Saturday, January 15th I guess we would prefer somewhere where we can get to and not have to leave other than pool and the rest within walking distance?

Never been to South Beach but intrigued by a Boutique type hotel. Stayed at Victoria Park in Lauderale in January and loved it!

We are a group of 6. prolly 3 in a room unless there is a large room that would accomodate all of us. I would say no more than $300 night.

Go for hotwire.

There is currently a 4 1/2 star on hotwire right now that I suspect is The Loews for $197 per night. Normal rate that time of year would start at $600 per night.

Keep in mind boutique hotel is code for very small rooms. While they are absolutely beautiful, very sleek, and cool, rooms can be small.

I would definitely go the hotwire route. Now many times when you click on the rate it shows you the hotel.

Good luck! If you liked the Victoria Park Hotel you'll fall in love with South Beach!

Edited by BlueHerons

Do what Blue says! You'll have a great time! Anywhere in South Beach would be fun and you can use Uber to get around if you end up in a hotel that's a little too far to walk to where you want to go.

Edited by royalcruz

Stay downtown or in the Mary Brickell area. Brickell has shopping and restaurants. Downtown has Bayside for some shopping and food. From downtown to Brickell, its a short cab ride.

Having lived and worked in Miami for 27 years, downtown would be my last choice of a place to stay. I vote for South Beach area. I remember when it was almost a ghetto, but not any more since the "beautiful people" moved in.

You will enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Keep in mind boutique hotel is code for very small rooms. While they are absolutely beautiful, very sleek, and cool, rooms can be small.

Not always. I stayed at the Hotel Victor in 2009 and this was my room:

DSCN2363.jpg.570f57f1df9e4c5928313e4237450782.jpg

DSCN2369.jpg.3444b68cece6df4e6f8c6c048b75ce7d.jpg

Not always. I stayed at the Hotel Victor in 2009 and this was my room:

That wasn't a standard room at The Victor. Their standard rooms are tiny but even that room is small.

My husband hated that the bathrooms are in the room and all glass.

Edited by BlueHerons