Divina and Credit Cards

MsTabbyKats

So, in reading reviews, I notice Davina uses a French bank.

Does that mean everything we buy on the ship is subject to bank fees?

Spa services, service fees, excursions, items in the gift shops....etc?

Also...do you give them the card you want to use upon embarkation....or do they just use the one you paid for the cruise with?

So, in reading reviews, I notice Davina uses a French bank.

Does that mean everything we buy on the ship is subject to bank fees?

Spa services, service fees, excursions, items in the gift shops....etc?

Also...do you give them the card you want to use upon embarkation....or do they just use the one you paid for the cruise with?

MsTabby,,,we used our debit card when we checked in and there were no bank fees applied when our account was settled. I have heard of others experiencing credit card hold problems as well as extra fees, so you may want to check with your bank and find out if additional fees will be applied and let them know you will be traveling so they won't flag any charges as fraudulent and decline your card.

Thanks, Mike!!

Last minute cruise jitters!! Guess I could have looked on their web site!! I like to open the cruise account with AMX and then pay final bill with my AA credit card so I get the miles!! That way, I don't have to worry about holds and limits. That's a good thing--AND a BAD thing!! LOL! Watch out for bling!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks, Mike!!

Last minute cruise jitters!! Guess I could have looked on their web site!! I like to open the cruise account with AMX and then pay final bill with my AA credit card so I get the miles!! That way, I don't have to worry about holds and limits. That's a good thing--AND a BAD thing!! LOL! Watch out for bling!!:eek::eek::eek:

So jealous of you right now Susan!!! We'll sail the med summer 2016 so long as MSC has this deal next year:

http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/MSC/FLYANDCRUISE.aspx?ref=facebook

1454856_10152784499024892_5673503478983794306_n.jpg?oh=b7abeed35a8055928b773319a9b97e79&oe=54F6AA44&__gda__=1425371720_4b3fc6c181b0a13eeb4d9c23994de245

Edited by Mikesa1721

MSC Australia, who we booked with for our next trip, want to charge the following fees to use credit cards to pay balance:

AMEX 3.08%, Diners 2.46%, Visa/Mastercard 0.867%.

We will be paying with a Frequent Flyer Card but NOT AMEX. They also offer pre-paid service charges @ AUD$8 pp per day (US$7), so we will be pre-paying that.

I intend to use AMEX to pay the final onboard bill unless there are surcharges, again to get the FF points.

MSC Australia, who we booked with for our next trip, want to charge the following fees to use credit cards to pay balance:

AMEX 3.08%, Diners 2.46%, Visa/Mastercard 0.867%.

We will be paying with a Frequent Flyer Card but NOT AMEX. They also offer pre-paid service charges @ AUD$8 pp per day (US$7), so we will be pre-paying that.

I intend to use AMEX to pay the final onboard bill unless there are surcharges, again to get the FF points.

Its a good idea to pay your bills on board as this will give you more money towards pts. in the loyalty club! (for every $200. spent on board you get 1 pt.!)

We didn't use AMEX, so can't address that, but if you use a 'travel' credit card, most will not charge for foreign transactions, etc.!

You're getting a great price for pre-paid service charges, but if you pre-pay, they won't be included in your on board spending, and go towards loyalty club pts.!!

Have a great cruise!:)

I have cruised with MSC a couple of times and I have never had any transaction fees for my charge. I use my normal bank card. The only thing odd I ever noticed is that the charge takes a very long time to hit. The first time it hit my account about 7 days after we were home - this was a Mediterranean cruise. Our Caribbean cruise last year actually took longer - 10 days!

Happened to us both times on Poesia and Divina from Florida. I believe there is info about this on their page. The reason for this fee is - MSC is not using US banks to process transactions.

Fees are small. This time around I dont remember, on Poesia it was something lile 15 dol.