South Beach Hotels

scott2165

We are looking for suggestions for a hotel in South Beach for the night after our cruise. We won't have a car so something where we can walk to eat would be nice. There are tons of options.

We prefer somewhere that offers early check in and late check out due to our flight times.

Any hotel should allow you to check in early if you r room is ready, otherwise they should be happy to store your bags while you grab lunch, etc.

Dates and budget and number in your party will help the suggestions to be closer to the mark. The $300+ room in Feb can go for $100 or less in August. Travelling with kids? Honeymoon? Give us some details for better suggestions.

Be very careful with the cafes lining Ocean Drive in South Beach. Very tourist-trappy. Inflated prices. Lots of offers of "deals," etc.

Yea, not the place to eat.

Where to eat in Miami Beach? If you want Cuban food I find the food at Havana 1957 to be pretty good, even though its a chain, there are two on Miami Beach one on Lincoln Road and the other in Espanola Way. Two great areas of Miami Beach. Lincoln Road is a must visit.

Yardbird, "fancy" Southern food. I was here two days ago. Love this place.

Drunkin Dragon, also great, asian, so not a Miami speciality but really good. I was there a few days ago too.

Grillfish, has been in Miami for a very long time. Great seafood.

Joe's, if you are there in season its Miami's most classic restaurant, just be prepare to wait a long time.

And many others. Just try to stay away from the too touristy places on Ocean Drive, and some of the places on Lincoln Road are a bit touristy as well. Just look up reviews and go to the ones that locals tend to visit more if you eat on Lincoln Road. Ocean Drive, that's like going to NYC and saying you had italian in NYC by going to Olive Garden on Times Square. Walk it and see it, but don't have a meal there.

We have booked a room at The National for our one night after cruise stay in September. On the beach and walkable to Lincoln Road Mall. We've never stayed there before but looks nice!

It's a lovely hotel in a great location but I'm biased - our son had his wedding on the premises last November! Enjoy!

Thanks for all the replies! We will be staying there on August 4 and fifth. It will just be my wife and I. We like to people watch, I have a few drinks, and enjoy a good meal. We are big on hole in the wall type restaurants.

We have booked a room at The National for our one night after cruise stay in September. On the beach and walkable to Lincoln Road Mall. We've never stayed there before but looks nice!

We are doing 2 nights pre cruise there. I'm ok to pay their prices because it promises a good experience

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yea, not the place to eat.

Where to eat in Miami Beach? If you want Cuban food I find the food at Havana 1957 to be pretty good, even though its a chain, there are two on Miami Beach one on Lincoln Road and the other in Espanola Way. Two great areas of Miami Beach. Lincoln Road is a must visit.

Yardbird, "fancy" Southern food. I was here two days ago. Love this place.

Drunkin Dragon, also great, asian, so not a Miami speciality but really good. I was there a few days ago too.

Grillfish, has been in Miami for a very long time. Great seafood.

Joe's, if you are there in season its Miami's most classic restaurant, just be prepare to wait a long time.

And many others. Just try to stay away from the too touristy places on Ocean Drive, and some of the places on Lincoln Road are a bit touristy as well. Just look up reviews and go to the ones that locals tend to visit more if you eat on Lincoln Road. Ocean Drive, that's like going to NYC and saying you had italian in NYC by going to Olive Garden on Times Square. Walk it and see it, but don't have a meal there.

There is a third Havana 1957 on Ocean Drive. News Cafe and Front Porch are also good on Ocean Drive but I would avoid other restaurants on OD.

Thanks for all the replies! We will be staying there on August 4 and fifth. It will just be my wife and I. We like to people watch, I have a few drinks, and enjoy a good meal. We are big on hole in the wall type restaurants.

Puerto Sauga fits the bill for hole in the wall diner and it is excellent Cuban food. Also don't miss Club Deuce. It is an institution and the biggest dive bar in South Beach. Happy Hour from 10am-7PM daily. I once stood at the bar there with a drag queen on one side of me and Mick Jagger on the other. It's that kind of bar.

Check rates for the Catalina. Cool hotel and very reasonably priced. Love their rooftop pool and free drinks at happy hour.