Cabin Worries

Fennelfrond

First Seabourne cruisers here, celebrating our 25th anniversary. We booked 6 months in advance guaranteed veranda suite. We just got our suite assignment ( for a Sept. 3 cruise) and are very worried. Looks like they put usin the guest room of the Wintergarten Suite. Much smaller suite with tiny veranda. The small room does not bother us but it looks like the veranda only accommodates one person at a time. That is a deal breaker for us. We were really looking forward to sipping wine on our veranda together! Not sure what to do or to whom we should speak about our disappointment . I feel silly complaining without seeing the space first. Advise?

Can't help you with the cabin but did you notice the referral sticky at the top of the Seaboun page for first time Seabourn cruisers where you might be able to get an OBC from someone?

Edited by Thecat123

Guessing that you did a guarantee suite for this cruise so you get what they assign. Yes the balcony is smaller. Perhaps have your TA call and explain it is a special occasion and perhaps they will move you. Hopefully they will do that. If not enjoy your cruise. I'd also recommend if it is a special occasion to book your suite in advance to avoid disappointment. That means avoiding the cheaper "OB" fares since it really is like a lottery sometime you win and others you don't.

I assume you have been assigned either 745 or 746? If so I hope that Techno (Patti) will post and reassure you as to the configuration of the suite as I believe she and her DH (along with his bicycle) were recently one of these suites. As I recall they found the suite acceptable. It may not be ideal but I think you will manage just fine.. Whether Seabourn can and will move you will obviously depends in part on whether the cruise is sold out. I think the first thing you need to do is ask yourself what you expected when you booked a GTY rather than specific suite. Time and time again we see people who post here thrilled that they got a nice upgrade in the GTY lottery but then on the next roll of the dice when they book another cruise are disappointed when they get assigned a suite with real or perceived drawbacks. You can't have it both ways. If you book a GTY you have to be prepared to accept the risk along with the potential rewards. My suggestion is you not let this mar your wonderful special anniversary trip. Seabourn is wonderful and I hope you have a lovely cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guessing that you did a guarantee suite for this cruise so you get what they assign. Yes the balcony is smaller. Perhaps have your TA call and explain it is a special occasion and perhaps they will move you. Hopefully they will do that. If not enjoy your cruise. I'd also recommend if it is a special occasion to book your suite in advance to avoid disappointment. That means avoiding the cheaper "OB" fares since it really is like a lottery sometime you win and others you don't.

We had that suite on the sojourn and it was fine. There were two chairs on the balcony. It's a little smaller than the others but large enough for a restful quaff overlooking the water. The suite itself is laid out slightly differently than the others but actually that's nice because it doesn't open straight into the hall but has a little entry corridor. Still more spacious than Crystal's standard balcony cabins, had tub and shower, double sinks, walk in closet, vanity table. So, nothing's missing. Location is convenient. You'll have a great time.

I am here to reassure you 😁

This is the link to the travelogue I did on our Venice to Athens cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2384990 post 14 has some photos which you may find useful plus a description

We were also quite concerned when we were allocated 745 but after having read some posts from experienced cruisers we were reassured

Good points: as Jozi says there is a nice little lobby with the walk in wardrobe on the left which means people can't see straight in.

Close to Seabourn square and in the middle of the ship so less movement

Even though it is slightly smaller it seemed bigger because the bathroom and walk in wardrobe are not next to each other so there is more space

The balcony 😎 yes it is small but just about big enough for two but .... Because it 'sticks out' you will get amazing, uninterrupted views aft

Slightly less good points

There is a connecting door but it is a double ie a door on your side and a door on the winter garden side and we didn't hear a peep from them in a fortnight

Slightly smaller suite and balcony but see above

Personally, I would have no qualms about staying in the same suite again - even our 'third passenger (the bike!) had plenty of room and wasn't in the way because of the layout.

If you are concerned, see if they can move you but you could end up in a worse position, particularly if you get seasick and end up far forward

Fret not, we have been next door in 747 twice of late and chatted with our neighbors. Both times they were not traveling with the couple in the suite next door and had no complaints about the lanai size or room layout. its probably a good deal as we pay more to pick a particular suite. So be positive its a win.

Thanks to all! especially Techno. I did go to your link and am so grateful for your account of the cruise. We have absolutely no more weenies and are looking forward to every moment. Hope to contribute some photos of our own.

That would be "worries" Ha!:o

The small room does not bother us but it looks like the veranda only accommodates one person at a time. That is a deal breaker for us. We were really looking forward to sipping wine on our veranda together!

I haven't stayed in those 2 rooms but have inspected one of them prior to disembarkation. As others have mentioned, the room size and layout are fine, but the balcony is decidedly small. While two chairs may possibly fit in there, there's not enough room comfortably for 2 chairs plus the separate foot rests. Not sure if that would be a deal breaker for you.

Edited by sfvoyage