Room Service

Apologies if this has been covered !

Is all room service free of charge apart from the $3.95 charge

ie get breakfast delivered for 3 people to the room would be $11.85 ?

Thanks

I think room service is free until after 11.30 pm or midnight- then there is a service charge. As far as I know breakfast deliveries are not charged ( apart from the tip of course) I think that's more or less correct although someone may need to tell you the correct time for the charge to start

Thanks

Room service charge is $3.95 per order, not per person. Also, that charge is only for late night, usually midnight to 5am.

Thanks

entirely innaccurate.

it is only charged between midnight and like 5 am and it is ONE fee no matter how large the order is.

anything that does incur a charge( like mimosas or other alcoholic drinks) the fee is clearly marked

Thanks

And if I were you I wouldn't bother tipping room service. Save it and have a gin and tonic later :-)

We usually tip room service unless we get very slow service or incorrect items. They do a good job usually and we get good service usually.

I am unsure why you wouldn't tip when someone had walked that far.

May I ask how much do you tip? Do you tip per delivery or at the end of the cruise? Thanks.

May I ask how much do you tip? Do you tip per delivery or at the end of the cruise? Thanks.

You'll get a different person delivering it each time, so the proper thing to do is tip per delivery. The amount is up to you, but a couple bucks is pretty standard.

Agree completely about tipping - please do tip them if on time and good service.

Regarding where your automatic gratuities go, here is what RCI says on their site:

Q: How does my gratuity help the crew and who does it go to?

A: Our guests' complete satisfaction is the goal of every crew and staff member onboard. The gratuity is shared between the crew members who serve guests throughout their vacation. Guest gratuities go to the following crew and staff members:

Dining Services

Stateroom Attendant

Other Housekeeping Personnel

We have teens that have cruised since they were toddlers. They now have their own cabin (across from us). Even THEY know to tip room service for the delivery. They have always loved to have a snack delivered at night after they are required to be back in their cabin. The do the same as they've seen us do for years. One dollar bills are put in an envelope in the cabin for easy access. They call room service and depending on the size of the order, they tip between $3-5. If they don't have the money for the tip, they can't order room service. It's just common decency and respect for the staff.