Holy **** Batman - Price Drop

titangas

Just returned from the Sun yesterday - Great trip and I will post review later this week.

For the heck of it I was checking my Alaska 2016 booking price on Pearl.

I had booked a 2br suite for 5 for $15,473.45 with UDP, UBP and $300 OBC

Now it is $11,494.75 with UDP, UBP, $200 OBC and Prepaid Grats (guest 1 and 2)

Hmm what should I do, NCL tried to tell me if I go with the new price that I will loose $100 OBC and that even though I prepaid gratuities, if I take the new deal that guest 3-5 will increase from $12 to $14.95 pp/pd.

Can you believe they would say that?????

Let's see I lose $100 OBC and pay $63 in DSC for $163

But pay $3,979 less

That was the toughest decision I have ever made.

Hmm what should I do, NCL tried to tell me if I go with the new price that I will loose $100 OBC and that even though I prepaid gratuities, if I take the new deal that guest 3-5 will increase from $12 to $14.95 pp/pd.

What is so unbelievable about that????? You were asking to cancel your old booking and rebook the same suite with the current price, the current promo, and the current booking conditions. You don't get to pick and choose the bits of your old booking that you want to keep and only add the new things that are advantageous to you.

What is so unbelievable about that????? You were asking to cancel your old booking and rebook the same suite with the current price, the current promo, and the current booking conditions. You don't get to pick and choose the bits of your old booking that you want to keep and only add the new things that are advantageous to you.

I dont think they are saying they cant believe they are charging them that way. I think they are saying they cant believe the NCL rep would SAY that as if anyone would say, "Oh, ok, nevermind then..."

I guess you just can't win as an NCL rep, no matter what you do. If they don't have the info, we dump on them. If they give out the wrong info, we dump on them. In this case, they took the time to go through all the consequences of the OP's rebooking request before finalizing it (believe me, a lot of people do not understand what "asking for a price drop" means), and the OP comes on here to mock them for it. :(

Yes - everyone!!

The second poster missed my point.

And I wasn't really trying to knock them as I am sure they need to make sure that the customer is aware of all of the consequences, before making a change.

I just thought it was funny that they were so serious about it.

I just said no problem I can swing the extra $63 in DSC to save 4g's. (maybe I should have said "can't I remove that anyway?" JK:)

I just want to say with everything else going on THANK YOU! for posting this! I want to run up and give you a hug right now :D

I am used to checking Carnival for price drops but not NCL. I figured.. that is a hefty price drop why not pull up my cruise and check?

Well I had 2 choices on my BA cruise, keep the B6 room and get a $450 price drop, or go up to an M6 and get a $20 price drop. For a family of 4... this was a little harder decision than yours, but ended up taking the M6 and $20!

Now since I am almost off the phone with my TA, I must go get my kids out of bed to tell them about a room change on a cruise that won't be happening for 433 days!!

Congrats on your price drop. I gotta say NCL's price drops sure don't seem to be following a pattern. Two posters with price drops for cruises in the far future yet on Europe prices that I've been watching, no price drops for May, 2015.

I would consider May for Europe at this point as fairly last minute. Just for fun I checked out some other Europe sailings and was surprised to see that the other lines have dropped their prices for May.

Example: Disney Magic 7 nt sailing on 5/30 all in for two (including port fees and taxes) inside gar. is currently $3294 with a $235 cash card from TA. The closest NCL sailing on the Star has one more port, Warnemude, and their lowest price all in for an inside gar is $3207 with $25 obc.

Princess Europe balconies in May are under the $1000 mark at this point, HAL is also priced lower than NCL.

Either NCL is selling better than Disney or they have adopted a new bottom line and are not going to sell cabins for less than x price. Granted, I'm only comparing last minute which I consider now thru end of May.

Someone needs to learn what sarcasm is.....

6&8

I just received an email from Celebrity stating today is the last day for their similar promo. For Europe they have pick one for OV and above and receive all; $300 obc, free grats and free classic beverage pkg for balcony or higher. Since they are already similar or less in price for last minute Europe, perhaps NCL Europe last min prices will come down soon and be more in line pricing wise with other lines.

Just returned from the Sun yesterday - Great trip and I will post review later this week.

For the heck of it I was checking my Alaska 2016 booking price on Pearl.

I had booked a 2br suite for 5 for $15,473.45 with UDP, UBP and $300 OBC

Now it is $11,494.75 with UDP, UBP, $200 OBC and Prepaid Grats (guest 1 and 2)

Let's see I lose $100 OBC and pay $63 in DSC for $163

But pay $3,979 less

That was the toughest decision I have ever made.

That is a tough decision? Spend $163 to save $3979. You must have failed math in high school.

Yeah I believe it. When you cancel a booking you give up all the perks that come along with it. Nothing at all hard to understand about that.

Edited by EyeSeaEwe