Best Shuttle from Orlando International to Port Canaveral

tricci_6622

If you are arriving in Orlando a day early, I suggest looking into the cost of renting a car rather than using a shuttle. You can pick one up at MCO and drop it off near the port, then take a free shuttle from the rental car drop lot to the port. This might be cheaper and gives you flexibility to drive around.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

11:00AM is usually considered to be too early for a departure from MCO. 12 Noon or 1:00PM is a lot better. The lines for security at MCO are usually very long. Stress levels are reduced for later departures.

Listen to Corby! ;) For an 11:00 flight from MCO you need to be at check-in NLT 9:30, and with the LONG TSA lines, 9:00 would be better. That translates into off the ship, with bags, and clear of customs immigration before 8:00 so that you can find your private transport (no time to wait for the shuttle to fill up) and head to the airport.

I prefer not to worry about making my flight home while cruising; do yourself a favor and find a flight leaving after noon. It's your call! :)

We live in FL and so can drive over to the port, but I helped make arrangements with Cortrans for friends flying down to meet us on our last Oasis cruise in December. Everything worked out great with Cortrans, and are really recommended by us!

I still have the emails and can show how it worked for our friends. They flew in a day before, and stayed at the Hyatt Regency IN the airport (which made everything so super simple. Especially having a food court so close to their room!)

Cortrans email explained:

Full payment of $80.00​ ​

($20.00 per person each way = $40.00 per passenger round trip),

payable to the driver, in cash or major credit card, due upon pick up.

There are no additional charges or hidden fees.

Transportation will be provided in one of our shared ride minibuses.

You​ ​

will be sharing this vehicle with other passengers going to and​ ​

from Port Canaveral.

The Hyatt Regency is a part of and attached to the main terminal building at the Orlando International Airport.

We pick up at the ground transportation level (Level One), "A" side of the main terminal, parking lane / spot numbers A-42 or A-43.

Our bus is scheduled to arrive at this location between 10:15-10:30 am

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=3

Make sure that the vehicle that you are about to board is lettered with our company name.​ ​

There are other transportation companies that pick up from the same location and it is easy to board a vehicle that is not affiliated with our company​.

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin&downloadWhenThumbnailFails=true&pid=2

Pick up at Port Canaveral scheduled for between 8:00-8:15 AM.

After clearing US Customs and Immigration, you will exit the terminal, walk straight out and away from the sliding glass doors until you reach the prearranged transportation desk.

Make contact with our port representative at the prearranged transportation desk.​ ​

Our port representative will guide you to the proper bus.

If you are unable to locate our port representative, call us at 407-446-3896.

Our pick up times are only estimates and are not guaranteed.

Several factors, that we have no control over such as roadway conditions, traffic, weather or other unforeseen circumstances can affect our pick up times.​ ​

Make sure that we can contact you on the phone number that you have provided.​ ​

We will make every effort to notify you of any delays.

Thank you, for choosing us for your ground transportation needs.

Our friends had an 11:35am Delta MCO-CVG non stop to meet on return, so I specifically asked about the timing to make that, and they said:

If they take our 8:15 am shuttle, which is our first shuttle departing from Port Canaveral to the Orlando International Airport,

they should be able to make a flight that departs at 11:35 am.

Our 8:15 am shuttle arrives at the Orlando International Airport at 9:05 am.

They will have two hours and thirty minutes at the Orlando International Airport before their flight departs.

Reservations are required.

Our friends would not hesitate to use Cortrans again - but I have to say living in FL sure makes cruising so much easier lol. Do like we did, sell everything and come on down!

Any ideas of a good shuttle service to take from the airport to board the oasis at Port Canaveral?

I have heard good reviews for Cortrans which I believe is shared shuttle and good reviews on Ace for private shuttle. We are planning for our cruise 2019 and I think we will be doing Ace private shuttle so we don't have to worry about allotted times for shared shuttle. Good luck and I hope you have a great cruise