Breakaway pros/cons

jkpetronis

The biggest pro is that there are so many things to see and do on board. It really has something for everyone.

The biggest con is that there are also so many people on board and things can get crowded: The pools, events in the atrium, the theater, tenders, disembarking....

The biggest ugly is a rainy day at sea and there are 4000 people on decks 6, 7 and 8.

pro we live 30 minutes from the ship

pro we have a balcony with kids go free and drink package plus sail away package and $250 OBC for only $2200 with gratuities included this November, election week

pro we book this same deal every January,,like clockwork.

con,,,,how could there possibly be a con?

Good... margaritaville drinks, food overall, rock of ages, ropes course, second city, my angled balcony, always felt there was something to do

Bad... long hallways, crowds, rough sea

Where did you travel and what month?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

pro we live 30 minutes from the ship

pro we have a balcony with kids go free and drink package plus sail away package and $250 OBC for only $2200 with gratuities included this November, election week

pro we book this same deal every January,,like clockwork.

con,,,,how could there possibly be a con?

What size room do you have? Any tips with organizing clothes for 4 people in the space of the room? Traveling with a 3 and 7 year old.

We went last November:

Pro: big clean newish ship

Lots of food choices

Drink package

Bathrooms have a ton of storage

Great nightlife

Cons: tons of people! (But you can find quiet spots

Food is good. Not great

The ugly : pool is too small

We will be back on the same date as you!! [emoji1]

Buy some collapsible packing boxes. This way you can keep everyone's clothes separate. Keep suitcases under the bed and put dirty clothes you won't be wearing again straight back in the bag. (Use plastic bags if you like) don't bring too much!! I always over pack but there's not gonna be a ton of room to do that if there's 4 of you.

I haven't done 4 in a room but did do 3 in a mini-suite on the Pearl. We stored suitcases under the beds. Brought an over-the-door clear shoe holder that we hung on the outside of the bathroom door. Used it to hold shoes plus odds and ends like batteries for cameras, chargers, and other small items. We brought strong clip magnets and hung up our dailies and other important paperwork. We brought a power strip and plugged it in on the desk so we could all charge phones and cameras at the same time. I used pop up hampres for the kids' clothes and put them in the closet (though, in retrospect, plastic bags would have been just fine). I like the idea of collapsible packing bins to keep peoples' clothes separate. 4 is going to be a tight squeeze--hopefully you aren't overpackers like we are! I have heard that the best non-Haven room for 4 on the Breakaway is the family ocean view room. No balcony, but has an extra closet and a slightly better layout than the balcony room for more people. Though the balcony could be a nice perk for you after the kids go to sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

We are on the same cruise as the OP.. we did the breakaway last year as well with in-laws and our now 8-yo son. We had two connecting balconies. We thought the breakaway was a fun ship (which is why we are going again!)

Pros -- the water slides, kids pools, free movies and live performances in the atrium, the staff talent show, lots of shops, good food (most of the time), different countries' themed buffets which were complimentary for lunch in one of the speciality restaurants ..

Cons -- not-so-great shows (except for Burn the floor).

The crowds didn't bother us as much last time since we went in September after the schools started. I am hoping that's true for the 11/26 sailing as well.

lmintzer had some great ideas for storage - Can't say enough about the over-the-door shoe hangers to store all the small stuff. I would definitely echo that don't overpack - you really won't get through all the clothes. Also, the ottoman has some storage capacity as well as the area under your sofa-bed. we ended up using that for our son's books (he doesn't travel without them). Use a power strip or one of those 6 outlet devices because there really arent' too many places you can charge your devices in the room. Clothes pins (non-magnetic) can be used to hang up wet swimstuff in the bathroom and use magnetic clothes pins to hand up the dailies, tickets, other easy-to-miss items.

Cons:

Muster in the main atrium was something akin to a hot sweaty riot. Super overcrowded.

Main pool area too small/crowded for the large # of passengers on board

Pros:

Great variety of dining options

Great bars

Lovely waterfront

Excellent entertainment

Ice bar

Ropes course

Adults only areas on pool deck

Thermal suite - very nice

Good... margaritaville drinks, food overall, rock of ages, ropes course, second city, my angled balcony, always felt there was something to do

Bad... long hallways, crowds, rough sea

I'd also add Howl at the Moon (depending on the performers) and Cirque to the "good" list.

What size room do you have? Any tips with organizing clothes for 4 people in the space of the room? Traveling with a 3 and 7 year old.

I would advise using travel cubes. They are also. I have two boys and we all have different colors. It also makes packing and unpacking easy because I can just pull out a cube. I would also recommend bringing magnetic hooks. You can use this anywhere in the cabin like on the ceiling or walls.

Lastly get this organizer because you can hang it on the side of the shower instead of the door.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XPRV306/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros:

Great staff

Ropes course

Water slides

Maltings morning coffee/pastries

There are places to escape other peoples snowflakes

Incredible AFT balconies

O'Sheehans fish & chips or Fajitas

Cons:

Not enough smoking areas

People that do not know elevator etiquette

To many demonstrations (ice carving, folding towels etc)

Small pools and no BBQ's like the Jewel class ships