Post dry dock no washing line really!

cruiseaholic78

Chief Blogging Officer ~ Azamara Club

It seems not. I understand the clotheslines were not replaced.

Above is an answer by Bonnie to a question about the washing line in the bathrooms, I really can't understand why anyone would decide to remove them. A standard neat solution where you can hang swimwear/smalls which have been in all cabins/hotels for many years.There were some interesting solutions shown on the thread but if there enough reactions to this maybe Bonnie/ Miami will be convinced that the removal was not such a good idea after all.

Rosalyn

P.S.

Bonnie and Andy thanks for all you work on the Dry Dock postings can't wait to try them out in March

Sorry to hijack this thread a bit but we are on the Quest in 3 weeks time - before its re-fit - I never knew there was a washing line in the bathrooms - is this in every statement? Although I don't like wet washing hanging around it would be good to hand the swim costumes to dry although I cant imagine where the line would go from to stretch to as my understanding is that the bathrooms are tiny.

Is it possible to hang the wet cosies over the back of the balcony chairs?

Jarrowood,

There's a pull out clothesline inside the shower area in veranda, oceanview and inside cabins. I don't know about mini suites and full suites. It takes a while for swimsuits and other clothing items to dry, so we pack multiple swimsuits. As for hanging clothes to dry in the balcony, that's discouraged because clothes can fly out into the sea and/or a hanging line in the balcony does not look posh.

I've brought a pair of clothespins regardless, and hung bathing suits on the back of the balcony chairs. Because you're traveling before dry dock, you'll have the same chairs we have had (blue mesh, aluminum frames). Between the clothespins and the chair frames I've hung a bathing suit or two on the back of the chairs. This was not noticeable from the port and our suits were ready for our return onboard.

I've read your postings over the past year or so, and wish you a fantastic time on your cruise. You'll have an amazing time, and if you encounter any problem, bring it to the attention of the Hotel Director. In our experience, any reasonable request however small will be immediately addressed.

This is what I mean it is a pretty good solution to hang stuff on, you can thread it through your stuff so you don't even need pegs. Much better than over chairs on the balcony. We were in a veranda cabin but I am sure they are in all of them.

Have a great cruise, our March one will be our third Azamara cruise but we always seem to end up on the Journey.

https://img-3.fruugo.com/product/5/00/8122005_max.jpg

Rosalyn

Jarrowood,

There's a pull out clothesline inside the shower area in veranda, oceanview and inside cabins. I don't know about mini suites and full suites. It takes a while for swimsuits and other clothing items to dry, so we pack multiple swimsuits. As for hanging clothes to dry in the balcony, that's discouraged because clothes can fly out into the sea and/or a hanging line in the balcony does not look posh.

I've brought a pair of clothespins regardless, and hung bathing suits on the back of the balcony chairs. Because you're traveling before dry dock, you'll have the same chairs we have had (blue mesh, aluminum frames). Between the clothespins and the chair frames I've hung a bathing suit or two on the back of the chairs. This was not noticeable from the port and our suits were ready for our return onboard.

I've read your postings over the past year or so, and wish you a fantastic time on your cruise. You'll have an amazing time, and if you encounter any problem, bring it to the attention of the Hotel Director. In our experience, any reasonable request however small will be immediately addressed.

Dididi

Not sure how long it has been since you sailed Azamara, but all the mesh chairs on balconies and suites were replaced on the PREVIOUS dry dock on both ships for wicker type chairs. From our experience it is virtually impossible to hang wet cossies from these chairs as there are no arms as such to hang straps etc It is possible to use the hinge bracket on the stateroom divider, or if you're brave the balcony rails!

Edited by Azamarajunkie

When the ship is docked you can just lay damp things across the chair backs and arms, but not to be recommended when sailing as they may well blow away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We always travel with two things. One is a heavy duty suction cup device that we combine with cord to make a line from the shower head to the opposite wall in the shower. The other is two or three large plastic spring clips to clip clothing to the outsdie chairs or whatever. We like ones with magnets and they can be used for hanging messages on the walls too.

When the ship is docked you can just lay damp things across the chair backs and arms, but not to be recommended when sailing as they may well blow away.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please - Never leave items unattended on your balcony. It is a fire risk. If a spark or lighted item hit your balcony and you are not there to see things are smouldering the risks are way too great.

Yes on chairs etc when you are around otherwise, never (they actually remind you this during the muster safety on Azamara)

We have cruised on several different cruise lines. Twice on Azamara Quest. All ships have had the retractable line in the shower cubicle, as shown above by cruiseaholic78. Very useful when wet cossies or washed 'smalls' are first laid on a bath towel and rolled up tight, then hung to dry overnight. Hang the towel over the shower rail to dry!! Ann.

We have cruised on several different cruise lines. Twice on Azamara Quest. All ships have had the retractable line in the shower cubicle, as shown above by cruiseaholic78. Very useful when wet cossies or washed 'smalls' are first laid on a bath towel and rolled up tight, then hung to dry overnight. Hang the towel over the shower rail to dry!! Ann.

Yes they did have the washing lines pre revitalisation.....but it appears that Journey doesn't have them post revitalisation and presumably Quest will be the same.

Not a major problem to me.....but it appears washing lines are very important to some! :D