New menu

Cruisin 4 Ever

I have a question for those who have experienced the new menu.

I saw a video clip of the new style of dining where they bring the bowls of food for the whole table. There was Caesar salad and calamari. How exactly does that work? Does the whole table decide together they all want salad and calamari?

I REALLY want to just order my own food and not do the sharing thing. I"m with family, it has nothing to do with germs or anything, I just don't want to "negotiate" I just want to order what I want.

Good question. I would like to order what I want not what Carnival wants me to have.

Of course you can order what you want. Carnival doesn't just randomly bring you food.

According to reviews of Glory's menu, yes you can get smaller servings of the "shared" dishes if you are the only one who will be eating it. No need to cause a family feud because you want calimari while Aunt Amy is allergic seafood. ;)

I saw a video clip of the new style of dining where they bring the bowls of food for the whole table. There was Caesar salad and calamari. How exactly does that work? Does the whole table decide together they all want salad and calamari?

I REALLY want to just order my own food and not do the sharing thing. I"m with family, it has nothing to do with germs or anything, I just don't want to "negotiate" I just want to order what I want.

Reminds me of Applebees. :(

It seems similar to what Carnival does in the Italian restaurant - Cucina Del Capitano.

I never gave it a thought - until now - but they do serve in the "family style" for common dishes at the table. We are always by ourselves (DH and I) or with family - so it's never bothered us to "share". But I can certainly see that some would have an issue with it - if you do not know your table mates! :cool:

Of course you can order what you want. Carnival doesn't just randomly bring you food.

According to reviews of Glory's menu, yes you can get smaller servings of the "shared" dishes if you are the only one who will be eating it. No need to cause a family feud because you want calimari while Aunt Amy is allergic seafood. ;)

Hmmm thought she outgrew that allergy.

Thanks for the info. Will be on the Glory in three weeks and we shall see how we like this.

Good question. I would like to order what I want not what Carnival wants me to have.

On Elegant night, they don't give you a choice of appetizers. They bring everyone the same plate of appetizers. I'm vegetarian, so not keen to have meat plopped down in front of me.

I was on the Glory the week of Christmas. We (party of 3) had our own table so it was not a problem with "family style". Each nignt we orded Caesar salad and calamari family style. I did see at the table next to us that people did order single appetizers. Also at least one night the waiter served a pasta salad to us as a appetizer. We did not order it, he just came with it.

On Elegant night, they don't give you a choice of appetizers. They bring everyone the same plate of appetizers. I'm vegetarian, so not keen to have meat plopped down in front of me.

We do not eat pork or shell fish and would not be thrilled if they put those on my plate.

We do not eat pork or shell fish and would not be thrilled if they put those on my plate.

My family does not eat pork or shellfish either. If you let the waiter know it will be a non-issue, just like it is now. They would point out dishes that had pork in them to us so we could steer clear.

We travelled on Glory the first week of December. They will try and accommodate you every way they can. You do need to communicate. Again, that may vary with your waiter. Ours tried very hard to please us. There are some dishes that do get served to everyone but if they know you have a particular need they are careful. I am Celiac so they were great to serve me only what I could eat.

Reminds me of Applebees. :(

What does Applebees have to do with this discussion? They don't serve family style.

My understanding is that if more than one person at the table orders the same appetizer (under the for the table) menu, or multiple orders of the same side dish it will be served family style.

We don't often eat with others, but I see this being a logistical problem for my sister and I. Since the space on a 2 top is limited, I just don't know how our multiple different sides are going to fit on the table.

And the only thing I would eat off the Feast appetizer plate is the mushroom I would like to order at least 2 if not 3, so are they going to serve me three plates at the same time or do I eat the mushroom have them serve another eat a mushroom have them serve another............

Ok, these new menus don't really look bad at all:

http://zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm

Now that I have seen them all - I agree!! Although there do not seem to be as many options - expecially with the desserts - there are several things listed that I would look forward to trying. Particularily the "port of call" options I think are a great addition.

The flow and service in the MDR is something that I think will come as all of the wait staff gets comfortable with the new menus.

For now....I'm going with a wait and see plan! ;)

Edited by happy cruzin

I just got off the glory and they did give you a choice of appetizer on elegant night. I never had to share anything with anybody except the bread boxes.