"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

Please change 3-30 Jan to 23-30 Jan in the title

Hello Everyone,

I am coming to you from the Beautiful Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL.

I woke up early this morning and stomped around the house until just before 9 am. I loaded up my two Weiner Dogs, dropped them off at Pet Paradise, and headed south.

The trip started off with a loud "CONK" when I conked my forehead on the corner of the hatch of my Corvette. So now I have a big band aid on my forehead. I am taking so many blood thinners that it is hard to stop any bleeding at all. Luckily I carry First Aid stuff and I stopped in the first rest area and fixed myself up.

I had a good trip down, on I-95 all of the way with only one stop at a McDonald's for a rest break and lunch.

I was disappointed in my Corvette's gas mileage. This is the first long trip in it and I only got 30 mpg. I guess the reason is that most of the time I was unable to use my cruise control due to heavy traffic and a bunch of crazy people on the road with me. I had hoped for 34-35 mpg but you can only get that high on cruise control.

South Florida is well known for crazy drivers!

My hotel is about one hour from the Port so I plan to leave tomorrow morning about 9 am and should be at the port by 10 am, unloaded and inside the Terminal by 10:30 am.

There were a lot of comments in the "Stand By" thread about my past Windjammer photos.

There will be plenty more from this cruise.

If you are not too hungry or on a diet you might want to review this thread to get you in the mood for more photos.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218003

If my Table Mates approve, I am going to try to get photos of the MDR Dinner selections this time.

I am also going to hit the MDR Lunch for sure this time at least once. I have heard so many good things about the salad bar there.

If my Table Mates approve, I am going to try to get photos of the MDR Dinner selections this time.

I am also going to hit the MDR Lunch for sure this time at least once. I have heard so many good things about the salad bar there.

Had the "tutti" (fresh) salad bar on the Voyager on the Jan. 9 cruise and it was fabulous. You are in for a treat if it's the same one.

Enjoy every moment of your cruise. Know that many of us sitting here reading will be with you every step of the way. Glad you're doing ok. I will never forget your Freedom thread.

Have smooth sails and happy times and keep those pictures coming :).

I board Red Dog and Spotty at Pet Paradise near my home. It is a great place and they even have a doggie swimming pool! Every day I get a video of the small dogs at play. I don't know if you will be able to view this or not. It took forever to download here at the Red Roof Inn.

Red Dog is (you guessed it) red and Spotty looks black with brown legs in the video.

Of course the RCI Ship's systems in the psst have not allowed me to download videos.

http://www.flipshare.com/view.aspx?nRecipient=&nFrame=RjU0MzFEOTctQTc1Mi00ODJGLTgyMDktNzlFNkVCOTJGMkM1&nMedia=NjAyM0RGRDctNjRENi00MTg1LUI0OTUtRTUyMjc5RjYzMUYy&nT=

I had agreed to wait 'til November or December to go on Oasis/Allure again but i'm thinking that at some point in the next week i'll be getting the urge to call & book much earlier... ;)

And my attempt to create Trainman2 potatoes on the Allure in December lol

5379105030_0342086f75.jpg[/url]

Untitled by Beth_Hfx, on Flickr[/img]

I had agreed to wait 'til November or December to go on Oasis/Allure again but i'm thinking that at some point in the next week i'll be getting the urge to call & book much earlier... ;)

And my attempt to create Trainman2 potatoes on the Allure in December lol

5379105030_0342086f75.jpg[/url]

Untitled by Beth_Hfx, on Flickr[/img]

That looks yummy!:p

Nope. Need email and password.

JimmyJames

Thanks for trying Jimmy...

Here is the Itinerary for the week from the RCI web site...

Itinerary.jpg

I tried earlier. Can't get into it without the info that Jimmy mentioned.

You are doing the itinerary that I am doing on Oasis is 35 days.

Hi Trainman!! We're neighbors (almost-we live in Ormond Beach)...very much looking forward to your reports, we will be on Allure in October, and I am nervous to be on such a large ship!! :eek: My DH has been wanting to cruise on Oasis ever since she came out, but now he's stoked about Allure even more.Thanks again...

Hi Trainman,

Your review of Oasis of the Seas make me book for Allure this coming september. I am sure that your review of it, will make me wish I book it for an earlier date. ;)

Have a nice cruise and calm sea. Waiting for those pics of the ship.:)

Archived