"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

The warm air, the smell of the ocean, the sound of the waves hitting the ship! Okay, I'm ready for the cruise to begin, all I need now is a drink in my hand, and I'm all set to join you on this adventure.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 4:35 am here in chilly West Palm Beach. It is about 45 degrees outside but supposed to be sunny and in the low 70's on Boarding Day.

DSCN1278.jpg

Since my Military days, I have always been an early riser. That is why I post so many photos from the ships that look empty. Normal folks are still in bed when I am wondering around and exploring.

On every RCI cruise I have been on I have found a group of veterans who are up early with me. Usually by the second or third day we establish a regular meeting time and place.

I am "chompin' at the bit" and ready to go but will kill time until my planned 9 am departure for the port.

Sunny and low 70's sounds wonderful. It's been below zero here in the frozen Buckeye State.

Boarding day is so exciting I can hardly ever sleep and always get up early.

Thank you for taking me along on another virtual cruise and I will be looking forward to your updates.

Have a GREAT cruise!

I've been waiting for this!! So excited! LOVE your live threads and cant wait to see all your brilliant photos. Pity we cant see your little doggies in the video - I fell in love with your doggies a while ago. What a brilliant place to send you a video every day!! We are really wanting to go on Allure but have to save the pennies for the flight costs from Australia. Take care and enjoy your cruise knowing we are all travelling with you!

Good Morning Everyone,

>SNIP< Since my Military days, I have always been an early riser. That is why I post so many photos from the ships that look empty. Normal folks are still in bed when I am wondering around and exploring.

quote]

You are just like me Trainman, I get up early naturally every day ! Have a great Cruise ! I will be tuning in from Oasis of the Seas. . .;)

Radio

;);)

Good Morning Everyone,

It is 4:35 am here in chilly West Palm Beach. It is about 45 degrees outside but supposed to be sunny and in the low 70's on Boarding Day.

DSCN1278.jpg

Since my Military days, I have always been an early riser. That is why I post so many photos from the ships that look empty. Normal folks are still in bed when I am wondering around and exploring.

On every RCI cruise I have been on I have found a group of veterans who are up early with me. Usually by the second or third day we establish a regular meeting time and place.

I am "chompin' at the bit" and ready to go but will kill time until my planned 9 am departure for the port.

From one military man to another, I have the watch

I am always up early in the morning when I crusie. Mostly jet lag but am an early riser anyway. I get a cup of tea and stroll the top deck and watch the sun rise.

Of course, this means I have yet to actually eat at a midnigth buffet- the latest I stay up is to look at it lol.

I just love reading your "Live From" reviews. I'll be able to follow you here for a couple of days until I leave for my vacation. I'll be in hopefully sunny and warm Florida on Wednesday. Spending a few days in Fort Lauderdale and Key West before boarding the Navigator of the Seas on the 29th. I'm so ready to be back on a cruise ship.

Have a great time and wishing you smooth waters and lots of sun!!! :)

I am always up early in the morning when I crusie. Mostly jet lag but am an early riser anyway. I get a cup of tea and stroll the top deck and watch the sun rise.

Of course, this means I have yet to actually eat at a midnigth buffet- the latest I stay up is to look at it lol.

I'm up early just because I don't want to miss anything:eek:,, up on deck with my coffee in hand,,so nice to almost have it all to myself:)..

Good Morning Trainman!!

So nice to see you! Looking forward to sailing along on Allure with you this week!

Always love your LIVE FROM!

Calm seas and blue skies!

We will watch you sail away tonight on the Port Everglades Web Cam:

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/ (you can see Allure now)

BON VOYAGE and Thanks for taking us along:D

I am living vicarioulsy through your threads until we can cruise again. I have only been on one cruise as an adult, but I cant wait to do it again! I love you live posts! Thank you for taking the time to do them! Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Does anyone know if there is a port webcam?!

Please change 3-30 Jan to 23-30 Jan in the title

Hello Everyone,

I am coming to you from the Beautiful Red Roof Inn in West Palm Beach, FL.

I woke up early this morning and stomped around the house until just before 9 am. I loaded up my two Weiner Dogs, dropped them off at Pet Paradise, and headed south.

The trip started off with a loud "CONK" when I conked my forehead on the corner of the hatch of my Corvette. So now I have a big band aid on my forehead. I am taking so many blood thinners that it is hard to stop any bleeding at all. Luckily I carry First Aid stuff and I stopped in the first rest area and fixed myself up.

I had a good trip down, on I-95 all of the way with only one stop at a McDonald's for a rest break and lunch.

I was disappointed in my Corvette's gas mileage. This is the first long trip in it and I only got 30 mpg. I guess the reason is that most of the time I was unable to use my cruise control due to heavy traffic and a bunch of crazy people on the road with me. I had hoped for 34-35 mpg but you can only get that high on cruise control.

South Florida is well known for crazy drivers!

My hotel is about one hour from the Port so I plan to leave tomorrow morning about 9 am and should be at the port by 10 am, unloaded and inside the Terminal by 10:30 am.

Have a great cruise. My DW and I are looking forward to your thread as we are heading out on Alllure March 27th (we've got a great CC group).

Archived