"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

Morning and I am adding my thanks to your great review,,,making me sorry we didn't book that ship instead of the Freedom:confused:,, just kidding we are very much looking forward to leaving on another great Royal cruise,,,we leave on Sunday the 30th...

But the Allure looks great and will probably be our next cruise:D.. And by the way I hear you about not having any real warm clothes,,we just think we don't need them:eek:,, I'm packing a couple of sweats and light jackets,,just in case..

ATTN SMOKERS & NON-SMOKERS

No fighting please, I am reporting the facts as I find them!

The Viking Crown Lounge is 100% Non-Smoking

The Pool Deck and the deck above it are Smoking on the Port (Left) Side

The Pool Bar and the Sky Bar, both on the port side of the ship are Smoking.

The English Pub, off the Promenade, called the Bow & Stern, has a smoking section inside at the bar.

I am still wandering around and checking and will post an official list of designated smoking area from Guest Relations soon...

Thanks for taking us along on your cruise, Trainman! To be honest, I have never caught one of your Live threads and Im looking forward to reading more and seeing some great pictures of Allure! I have done 3 live threads, but not for a few years now. Is there full WiFi on Allure, do the Cabins all have wiFi and are you posting from your cabin? Im one of few that miss the old cyber-cabin, but I also dont like to tote my laptop around while on board.

Thanks again for taking the time!

It is still fun being the big guy intown and looking down at everyone else.

DSCN1417.jpg

Someone here needs to come up with a term for Oasis/Allure Snobs

That looks like the Fascination in the background...my wife and I sailed her on our 1st cruise together. You can see our "semi-obstructed" balcony cabin behind the small lifeboat near the front!:rolleyes:

Thanks for bringing back the memories Trainman, and I'm thoroughly enjoying this LIVE thread!

I don't know how I can anything done with 2 live threads! This one with Trainman2 on the Allure and Radio over on the Oasis.

Yeah, pretty overwhelming.... wish CC would come up with a format or an area for Live Reports so that we could get to just the posts from the person doing the Live Report.

Also, I think RCI should give these guys some kudos... can't imagine how many people book after watching these detailed trip reviews!

Trainman:

I'm enjoying your live report. Very well done. As a C6 owner I also enjoyed the picture of the Vette. Who would have thought the Corvette could be an economy car. Enjoy the rest of the trip.

Yeah, pretty overwhelming.... wish CC would come up with a format or an area for Live Reports so that we could get to just the posts from the person doing the Live Report.

Also, I think RCI should give these guys some kudos... can't imagine how many people book after watching these detailed trip reviews!

I agree..it can be a pain scrolling through just to get the ops post.

I also wish people would stop copying posts with photos just to say "Nice photo".:rolleyes: Annoying to have to scroll through those with multiple photos as well.

I also agree about the live posters deserving something for all the money they spend and the time they put in for "live" reports.

Well said. I think this is something CC should look into (or even a "show all posts in thread by this poster" option.

I also know that Royal Caribbean has people that read these boards. The "LIVE" threads are always so well received. These guys spend a good bit of money on internet and their time to bring us their escapades. Trainman was one of the first people (that I saw anyway) to post from Oasis. Following him throughout the week made me switch my reservation from the FOS to Oasis (it was a steep price increase, but well worth it).

Hi Jim,

I want to add my thanks and appreciation for your fantastic live threads. I've been following for the last couple of years and I have laughed and cried along with you. God bless you and keep you well!!!

What a wonderful tribute to Carol in donating the pony in her memory!

We'll be boarding the Allure next Sunday, as you are getting off. I wish we were on this cruise with you! Hope our cruising paths cross again soon!!

I'm enjoying your pictures and commentary so such I have to check several times a day to see if there is anything new:) (I should be packing!!!) -- My mouth is watering from looking at your food pics:)

I do have one question: Did you get the new coupon book? If so, are the same coupons as last year? (free photo, internet time, BOGO)

Thanks so much!! I hope the next five days are warm and sunny and you keep enjoying yourself!

Captain Johnny announced a few minutes ago that the temperature here in Nassau was 66 degrees F.

There is a 10-15 mph wind topside and If my memory is correct you subtract wind speed from tempertature to get the Wind Chill Factor which is around 50 degrees F.

Chilly by any standard.

NThe folks from the Cold north have their winter jackets with them and are wearing them ashore today.

Those of us from the South are out of luck. I didn't even bring a light jacket! :eek:

Oh what I wouldn't give for 50 degrees outside right now!! That's shorts weather for us people up here in NY!:D

Rude Family of the Day!

I am constantly amazed at the number of people who stop and hold conversations in the middle of a walkway or major intersection. These people, in my book, are only slightly above the people who push their way onto and elevator before allowing the folks inside to get out.

DSCN1455.jpg

Except for theman in black trying to get through, they were all just inside the entrance to the pool deck eating soft serve ice cream.

Cute Young Girl of the Day!

DSCN1454.jpg

She is on the Boardwalk and works in a shop full of costumes. They dress you up as just about anything and take your photo.

There is no charge except for buying the photos.

She thinks I would look good made up as a priate so I am going to try it tomorrow.

Archived