"LIVE" From The ALLURE Of The SEAS 3-30 January 2011

A Minor Disappointment...

All of the RCI Ships except for the Oasis and the Allure have a TV Channel that shows the ships route, the location of the ship, speed, etc.

I asked about it today and was told it is a different contractor and it is still not right but they are doing their best to get it up and running.

There are four soft serve ice cream machines on the Allure. they are just forward of the sports pool and the H2O Zone.

DSCN1566.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

Spent last week on the Allure and never found these. There were some machines in the Wipe Out Cafe.

Thanks for the info for next time.

M

We have all seen the trash cans by the elevators with dirty dishes, cups, and glasses stacked on them by inconsiderate cruisers.

The new ones have a slanted top.

No more stacking of stuff! :D

DSCN1425.jpg

Love the new trash can..nothing worst than seeing dirty dishes when you're getting on the elevator to go have lunch:eek:

A Minor Disappointment...

All of the RCI Ships except for the Oasis and the Allure have a TV Channel that shows the ships route, the location of the ship, speed, etc.

I wonder what Radio is using to post his maps on the at-sea days in the Oasis post... I loved that station on our Enchantment cruise... I agree with your disappointment!

On the way out of the Board Walk, I cruised by the new Hot Dog joint. It is free!

DSCN1444.jpg

I will try it sometime this week...

The shorter man in this picture is the best staff member from RCI that I have ever met. He was our server on my first cruise 3 years ago and we have kept in touch ever since and we were able to have him last year on Oasis and he told us he was going to be moving on to Allure. He even called us this year on xmas to say happy holidays.

I took this photo from the TV...

DSCN1500.jpg

TRAINMAN: I've been enjoying your "Live" reports, along with RADIO on the Oasis....it has been wonderful taking this "virtual" vacation with you guys. THANKS SOOOOO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO DO THIS. God Bless and best wishes that the remainder of your cruise is AMAZING!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Allan Brooks as the CD. We had him on the Freedom last year and really enjoyed him. I'm sure you will too!:)

I have heard a lot of my fellow "Old Fogies" complaining about there are so many kids on the ship. It seems that most of them are pre-schoolers but there are a bunch of young teens too.

The little ones are cute and today on the Board Walk it was "Kid's Day"

DSCN1574.jpg

DSCN1572.jpg

DSCN1576.jpg

DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1581.jpg

DSCN1577.jpg

Question of the Year!

Are The Windjammers on the Oasis and Allure Too Crowded?

I am going to post some photos I took this morning about 7:10. It will take me two posts to get them all up. I have one photo for each of the major serving areas in the Starboard Windjammer. These same areas are duplicated on the Port side.

DSCN1516.jpg

DSCN1517.jpg

DSCN1518-1.jpg

DSCN1519.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

There are two "problems" that seem to cause "crowding."

First - Many people stand around with their plate wondering what is where and what they want.

Second - Everyone wants a "private" table.

The second thing is the worst! Most of the 4 and 6 place tables only have 2 people at them.

I never have a problem getting a place to sit because I walk up to a table with two people and ask if I can join them. Nobody has ever said "No" but one couple did sort of finish up real quick and leave after I sat down.

Another point is that when the tables around the serving areas are full, there are almost always tables at the back, away from the serving areas.

I always conduct a detailed reconnaissance before I grab a plate. That means I walk through the area and check to see what is offered and where it is. So when I do get my plate, I can load it up quickly and easily knowing what I want and where it is.

My Conclusion: Crowding in the Windjammers is self inflicted by the cruisers.

I have heard a lot of my fellow "Old Fogies"

The little ones are cute and today on the Board Walk it was "Kid's Day"

Followed your last live on the Oasis. Know what is like to lose a soul mate but like you I keep busy. Have so enjoyed your posts.

Do they charge for face painting and crafts on kids night? Appreciate any information as leave March 12th on the Oasis with my daughter and 2 granddaughters. Don't know who is more excited them or Gramy.

Have a great cruise.

Lu

Looks like the tea selection are from Lipton. Thanks for the picture and this excellent thread! There will be one less person crowding around the WJ drinks station on my cruise now trying to decide what to drink :)

Can I ask how your internet connection is and the package you purchased? Are you using it during unpopular hours in your stateroom? Wi-Fi only, right? We're non-status newbs to RCCL so won't have an internet package coupon and if it is reasonable for writing e-mails and checking the news/rss feeds/cc board, our wifi bill has the potential to surpass our bar tab. Yes yes, some people go to disconnect. I am not those people.

Trainman-2,

Words really don't do this thread justice. After looking through this, I'm now browsing your other "LIVE from..." threads and let me tell you, this is really getting me excited to book our (for myself and my fiancee's honeymoon) first cruise!

Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us!

-MJD

Archived