Jane Powell - Chocolate Goddess of Love

sunshine55

Has anyone seen Jane Powell perform lately on any of the NCL ships lately? We enjoyed her entertainment on several cruises and totally enjoyed her show. :) On our past January cruise she was only booked for one show.:( Would of liked to see her again. Hope whoever is in charge of entertainment reads this and brings her on ship again...:confused:

Has anyone seen Jane Powell perform lately on any of the NCL ships lately? We enjoyed her entertainment on several cruises and totally enjoyed her show. :) On our past January cruise she was only booked for one show.:( Would of liked to see her again. Hope whoever is in charge of entertainment reads this and brings her on ship again...:confused:

I too love to shows, however it has been several years. Here is her website link: http://www.janelpowell.com/index.html I tried to see her schedule but there wasn't anything. Hopefully someone in CC land knows.

OceanDreams

I too love to shows, however it has been several years. Here is her website link: http://www.janelpowell.com/index.html I tried to see her schedule but there wasn't anything. Hopefully someone in CC land knows.

OceanDreams

I am guessing it has been about 5 years since I have seen any reference to her and NCL.

Nita

I am guessing it has been about 5 years since I have seen any reference to her and NCL.

Nita

We saw her on the Jewel more recently. I think it was last year but it might have been the year before.

Chocolate Goddess of Love - what does her show involve?

She is a large, gregarius woman with chocolate-toned skin who sings with a legitimate five-octave range. She bills herself as the 'Chocolate Goddess of Love'. Do not miss the chance to see her perform.

I saw her in 2008 on the Dream. She is great. She has a small (but important) part in the Chris O'Donnell/ Renee Zellweger movie, "The Bachelor" as the lounge singer at the Starlight Room. At least I think that's the right name!

Nita

We saw her show in Feb 2010 on the Gem. She was back from a knee surgery that she thanked NCL for with her generous paycheck.

I was hoping to see her again on the Gem last May but ... no.

I had even convinced myself to go on the stage with her for the singalong .

Hope we do catch her again on NCL.

She still performed on the Gem transatlantic last year in April from NYC to Venice. What a fine person and such a talented and fabulous performer and singer.

I was hoping to see her again on the Epic transatlantic this coming October but my guess is that Epic entertainment differs from the other ships due to it´s theater size and thus chances are low.

NCL you have a true jewel there !!! Please treat her well and bring her on from time to time. (Hope someone in charge reads this..)

If you're a fan and have a Zune you can download some of her music. There are 3 albums available (listed as Jane Laverne Powell) for Zune. Probably IPod and some of the other players have her music available too. I've been lucky enough to see her on 3 of our NCL cruises. I think we enjoyed her more on the smaller ships because it was more intimate.

I think she is the best act I've seen on our many cruises. We saw her first on the Sky's last Alaskan cruise in 2003 (before the Sky became something else for a while and then the Sky again!) and then on the Sun when it was sailing out of Houston.

I think she's fantastic! Hopefully we'll luck out and find her show on a future cruise!

(At one time her website had a calendar showing the dates and the NCL ship she'd be on. That is gone - unfortunately - but I thought back then that it seemed she must be under contract with NCL as no other cruiseline was listed. Whether that is still the case I don't know).

We saw her show in Feb 2010 on the Gem. She was back from a knee surgery that she thanked NCL for with her generous paycheck.

Well if she has been around that recently will someone tell her to return to the Sun in Feb. I want to see her again...LOL

Just saw Jane Powell at a Jazz Festival in Virginia this past Saturday nite. We have also seen her on two NCL cruises. We didn't notice any knee problems and as always she gave it her all. Hope NCL has her scheduled for one of my upcoming cruises!!

LOL!! Oh so you were one of the talented guys singing as her backup..:eek::D She does put on a good show. We'll be on the Gem in Sept and January. Hope they have her booked...:) Thanx for all your responses. It's good to hear that others enjoy her music as we did....:)

Not my intention to drag out a thread by repeating what everyone else has said, but she isn't just talented- she really is a class act. Every time we would see her around the ship, she always made a point to stop and talk with us. Even with hundreds of people around, she made us feel like she was there solely for our entertainment. If you have a chance to see her, take it.

Like others, I had seen Jane L. Powell years ago on the Sea. So it was a real surprise and delight to be on the Pearl this Apr. to have her one of the featured entertainers.:)

For the Welcome Aboard show the first night, a few different acts were to be featured. Jane came on and did a full show - along with the others - that wasn't supposed to happen!

A couple of nights later was her regular full show. Really enjoyed both shows and many were visibly emotionally affected when Jane sang "The Battle Hymn of the Republic."

Hope others have a chance to see her soon!

Just saw Jane Powell at a Jazz Festival in Virginia this past Saturday nite. We have also seen her on two NCL cruises. We didn't notice any knee problems and as always she gave it her all. Hope NCL has her scheduled for one of my upcoming cruises!!

I hope so too! I saw/heard her once on the NCL Sun. I have hoped to see her again on every cruise since. I used to follow her on-line schedule but it seems it's no longer kept up-to-date. It made me happy to see this thread and to know that she still appears on NCL ships. What a phenomenal performer!

Thanx for the youtube video. Enjoyed it!!!! We saw her on the NCL Jewel 1/11 and spoke with her after her show. We bought 2 CD's and it sounded like the new person of entertainment on the ship was bringing in new acts and she was not getting that many bookings.. I believe a business has to keep their business fresh but you do need to hang on to the class acts which is Jane..:). I hope that they keep her on their ships..:)

Archived