Balcony's on Mariner. Whats best, Hump or Aft

bigeck

I booked the aft balcony on the Mariner after talking to a friend who LOVES the huge balconies. He said there were 2 lounges, 2 chairs and a table on his aft balcony. We were originally booked on the 7th deck (7690), but moved up to the 9th deck when it opened up (9692). The lower decks have a great view, but there is some of the aft structure visible. the 9th and 10th decks seem like they almost have a clear view. I'll let you know how we like it when we get back in January!

If you don't mind the superstructure in the way, the aft balconies are great. But the view from the hump is very good too.

Deck 6 Stern Cabin- Voyager

2644397598_1b72fe3082_z.jpg?zz=1

Aft Balcony Deck 6 view by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

Deck 7 Hump Cabin- Mariner

5365652616_bd04035d64_z.jpg

Thick fog by Wulfgar28, on Flickr

Heh, naturally I have just a picture that shows the view forward when mother nature elected to obscure the view!

I agree with Darkwolfe! We were on the ship the same time as Darkwolf but just above. I loved the hump (especially the center hump) because you can see clearly the ship on both sides. I've heard that sometimes on the aft especially the lower aft...you can feel the vibration. I may be wrong but that's something that I've heard.

I also like the aspect that it's in the center of the ship so you are not having to walk as far....but I know I usually NEED to walk after eating all of the food. (I gained 5lbs on that trip). Getting back to the point. Hump for me. :D

We have had both aft and hump balconies. It all depends on how far you want to walk when returning to your room. The aft balconies are a long walk while the hump ones are close to elevators. The views of the wake of the ship are great however you don't get much direct sunlight on the aft balconies. The humps have great views and get more sun. You also don't have as much privacy on the aft balconies unless you are on deck ten. Otherwise the decks higher than you can view about half of your balcony and you can view the parts of the balconies below you.

We just got off the Mariner with hump cabin 6212. It was on the side of the hump rather than in the center. There is a "wedge" of extra space in the cabin which was on the side of the bed that would be closest to the balcony doors. I really liked that extra space when getting in and out of the bed. No bumping the wall/door.

The balcony was the same size as other balconies. Two chairs, small table. To me, being closer to the elevators was more important than a larger balcony since we really didn't need that extra balcony space.

By the way, our cabin stewardess, Irinia, was one of the best we had ever had.

Tucker in Texas

We just got off the Mariner with hump cabin 6212. It was on the side of the hump rather than in the center. There is a "wedge" of extra space in the cabin which was on the side of the bed that would be closest to the balcony doors. I really liked that extra space when getting in and out of the bed. No bumping the wall/door.

The balcony was the same size as other balconies. Two chairs, small table. To me, being closer to the elevators was more important than a larger balcony since we really didn't need that extra balcony space.

By the way, our cabin stewardess, Irinia, was one of the best we had ever had.

Tucker in Texas

We've been in 9612 before...it had that same extra chunk of real estate!

Voyager is just like Mariner.

We have done both the RFS 9394 ( Deck 9 aft )

and the GS 1324 ( deck 10 Hump )

While yes the walk is long when having a aft cabin,

and the elevator was nice being close to the hump.

But my main complaint, and it might not be much to some,

was the soot from the smoke stacks.

It was there everyday, she tried her best to clean it up.

It does not stain your clothes, but it does make them " look " dirty.

:rolleyes:

I booked 7388 on the Mariner for next year, I hear it has the biggest balcony out of any cabin onboard (except it's sister cabin, 7688, which is identical). So I'm looking forward to trying my first ever aft cabin. :)

Sounds good. Can you come back and report on your return

Thanks

Alex

Sounds good. Can you come back and report on your return

Thanks

Alex

What would you like to hear about?

We just returned on Mariner from Rome in one!

They 7388 and 7688 are a regular room, two seater couch, with a large corner balcony!

Some other corner balconies are much larger rooms!

We love them 7388 and 7688!!!

You walk everywhere on the ship anyway,

even the stairs if you need the exercise.

We needed the exercise so don't mind walking to the back of ship.

We love aft and have been in 7388 or 7688

3 times at least on TA's! Maybe 4 cruises total? A senior moment?

We have one again booked next year on BTB!

We have with no complaints, and have had no soot at all,

and loved our space for cocktail parties with friends on balcony,

and loved the views of leaving the ports on sailaways.

Some aft corners are open to sky with no cover and some full cover

depending on floors! The photo above is from 6th floor with full cover!

It's all relative to personal priorities and preferences on the ship!

Edited by ssb

And we had #7388 on the Navigator, and never saw any soot at all. I even hung my dress out there for most of the day before formal night, to try and "steam" a few of the wrinkles out.:)

We loved it - SO much room on the balcony and wonderful views. You can see photos of the balcony by following the link in my signature.

We have spent 60 nights in cabin 7688 on Mariner of the seas. Not one time did we have soot on our balcony. The balcony is the BEST !!!

Book it and enjoy. :D

Edited by SeaCBear