A thought for the crew

astrocat

At the time of continuing news from dreadful typhoon and floods in the Philippines, I am sure we will all spare a thought for Celebrity crew who may be affected by this tragedy.

When we have cruised with Celebrity, we have been struck by the courtesy, skills and professionalism of all crew .. and particuarly those from the Phillipines, several of whom have been our staterooms attendents.

To all officers, crew and staff affected by this disaster, we are thinking of you.

The Astrocats

At the time of continuing news from dreadful typhoon and floods in the Philippines, I am sure we will all spare a thought for Celebrity crew who may be affected by this tragedy.

When we have cruised with Celebrity, we have been struck by the courtesy, skills and professionalism of all crew .. and particuarly those from the Phillipines, several of whom have been our staterooms attendents.

To all officers, crew and staff affected by this disaster, we are thinking of you.

The Astrocats

Holland America has many from the Philapines working for them .They only employ Indonesians & Philipinos for their ships.all the officers are Dutch .Let us include them as well plus all the other cruise lines ;)

The Astrocats

A wonderful message. Our thoughts and prayers are with all our Filipino friends.

I was on the first Celebrity cruise to Haiti following the earthquake. Celebrity brought the families of their Hatian crew to the ship and assured them that Celebrity would make certain that their needs were met. My hope is that Celebrity will look after their Filipino crew in the same manner.

to be 100% correct, The Navigational officers on HAL are Dutch or British.

Let us not forget that Captain Hale Gunderson (our favorite HA master) is a Norwegian (although he did once explain that his family came from Germany about 400 years ago).

Hank

The Astrocats

What a great post especially arbutus time of year.

It's odd, but as frequently as I think of our good times and the things we've seen with Celebrity, I just as often think of the crews, floating around the world, away from their family and friends, so that we, the passengers, may have fun and good times on the high seas.

It is my most sincere wish that no one, on any of the cruise lines, has a first hand involvement in this tragedy.

Hugs to all our families at holiday time: passengers, crew, officers and all.

As the toll in the Philippines continues to grow...our continued thoughts and prayers to all those affected.

Having had the unique pleasure of growing up in the PI, including time living on the southern island of Mindanao, it is heartbreaking to read the news reports.

I always enjoy cruising, and love surprising all the Filipino crew members with a few words and greetings in Tagalog, which without exception brings about instant smiles...and usually leads to wonderful conversations about their hometowns, family, friends, and BEACHES (where I spent a good part of my youth) etc.

Thoughts and Prayers to all during this Holiday Season !

Maligayang Pasko at Manigong Bagong Taon !

Happy Cruising !

Woody

Archived