LIVE fron the APRIL 1st CARIBBEAN PRINCESS- PICS and REVIEW

MDSue

Hi everyone,

I don't normally do live cruise reviews because I'm to busy having fun to spend much time online, but many of us are following the Caribbean Princess repair process closely. I'm going to try and provide pics and updates as we go- Hoping for the best and prepared for whatever.

My sister and I arrived in San Juan last night. We are staying at the Conrad Condado Plaza which is across the lagoon from the Pan Am pier.We have a beautiful view of the Caribbean Princess from our balcony. Last night the CB was lit up in all her glory and the movie screen was on. Hopefully, the crew was being entertained onboard. I'm sure they are all anxiously awaiting a new group of passengers after a two week shut down for repairs.

I received an email from Princess Thursday morning stating that we are going to board as scheduled on April 1st, but the itinerary might be effected by the ongoing repairs. I'm hoping we will make it to all five ports- but going to have to see how it goes

The Internet service here at the hotel is spotty and I know it's really slow onboard- but will post as I can.

We have a few days pre-cruise in San Juan to hang-out. We ate at the on-site Denny's this morning. Must be the fanciest Denny's I've ever seen. The service and food were excellent and the decor was clean and modern. Our waiter. Randall, was friendly and welcoming. It was a nice way to start our vacation.

Today, we have no set plans. We walked down the street to a local gift shop to find a much-needed Mountain Dew and then took a walk around the beautiful grounds here at the Conrad. The weather is iffy- sunny one minute and a few showers the next.

Will try and post pics soon, but so far I've had no luck uploading them to my photo-hosting website.

Hope to hear from some fellow April 1st cruisers and others so we can share our stories

Susan

Good Luck!! Hope all goes as planned...I am somewhat envious as we were to have been on the Mar 18th cruise, we looked at the the April 1st..but I was too nervous to book it. We sail the Emerald next week instead.Similar ports...but 3 extra days!! Enjoy !!

Thank You for starting this post...I am wishing you and all of your fellow April 1st cruisers an amazing stress-free vacation. I will be on the April 8th sailing with my husband celebrating my 40th birthday :) This will be our first cruise and the problems with the ship have me pretty stressed. Here's to hoping that all will be well for your cruise and mine:)

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to a great trip- hopefully!

Lovetravel101- We did the same cruise last year, except it was on the Star instead of the Emerald. You will love it. That was my favorite cruise ever. I loved sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale and the itinerary is great. There were very few children onboard the 10 day cruise (love kids and don't mind sharing the ship with them- just an observation)

Here's a few pics I managed to upload. Sorry for the big size, but I don't know how to make them smaller on Photobucket and I couldn't get the other site I use to upload.

last night- view of theCB from my balcony. You can barely see the movie screen lit up

CaribbeanPrincess2012192.jpg

a daytime view:

CaribbeanPrincess2012199.jpg

view from our hotel- The Conrad Condado:

CaribbeanPrincess2012216.jpg

Thanks for starting this thread, Susan. I am so sorry for those who had their cruise cut short and who missed their cruise due to the CBs propulsion issues. Our fingers are crossed that all goes very well for this cruise. We will be on her for B2Bs starting April 22 in 23 days and I am confident all will be 100% by then. Love the pictures. I am sure you will have a great cruise. Enjoy your pre-cruise time in San Juan as well.

Janine

Thanks SO much for this thread, Susan. We too are anxiously awaiting the April 1 cruise. Please let us know if the CB makes any movement (perhaps indicating a trial run). I've been watching the WebCam to see if she changes position at all. Great photos too! Enjoy your time in San Juan. See you on Sunday!:D

We sail her on the 15th so I'll be anxiously reading your reviews and I'm looking forward to your pictures. I hope everything goes well for you all!! Please post some photos from the IC so I can drool over the food some more, lol :D

Will do!

Thanks SO much for this thread, Susan. We too are anxiously awaiting the April 1 cruise. Please let us know if the CB makes any movement (perhaps indicating a trial run). I've been watching the WebCam to see if she changes position at all. Great photos too! Enjoy your time in San Juan. See you on Sunday!:D

Yoiur welcome- I debated whether to bring my laptop or not, but decided at the last minute to haul it with me.

I'm thinking that WE are going to be the trial run, but will let you know if she moves (unless she sneaks out overnight). It's nice having a view of her from our balcony- She is at the Pan Am pier with two smaller cruise ships (At least that's all I can see).

Sue, have a good cruise :)

Srpilo

Thank-you and all the rest who have responded! We always manage to have a great time on a cruise- it's so nice to be treated like a queen for a week.

Here's a closer view of the ship:

CaribbeanPrincessCanon014.jpg

Was just sitting on our balcony enjoying the nice weather and looking out at the ships in port when I heard two ship horn blasts- at the same time we saw the CB backing up very slowly.

I'm not sure if it's moving out to sea or just another dock to make room for an incoming ship. I'm guessing that they need to give up their berth for an arriving ship.

She just disappeared out of view

Here is a pic I took of her moving out:

CaribbeanPrincess2005.jpg