Dawn 9506, haunted?

dustman.

Hi all,

Heres something different for everyone to chew on. My wife who is a psychotherapist, is convinced that 9506 has some harmless ghost messing around in there. She claims that the dividing curtain between the bedroom and living room was picked up as if by a hand , held up, the dropped a few seconds later. I never saw it, but she is positive it happened, right infront of her eyes. And she is a mental health professional. I had nothing but good vibes there, and so did she. Didnt seem unpleasant or unkind at all whatever it was.. but she said there was no gusts, no wind, no nothing just picked up from the floor about 3 feet, held up, then the curtain dropped.

Weird.

So it got me curious, anyone else see anything weird in the dawns OS?

Edit, now that i made this post... i do remember one evening waking up and feeling like someone was sitting on the edge of the bed. The OS has a huge bed and i distinctly felt like someone was sitting to my back and then got up.. Freaked me out for a few seconds but i thoght nothing of it. Damn maybe it really is haunted.

Hey, i am not either. I am just wondering if there is a history of this stuff on the dawn thats all. Neither of us drink, the bottles of booze that came with the owners suite were given to the steward after the cruise. Anyway, if anyone else hears or heard about something on the dawn post it up.

Not saying theres nothing paranormal there but could it have been some trick of light or even her senses playing tricks on her. The movement of the ship, the sunlight entering the room and maybe even tiredness might have effected what she thought she saw.

Reminds me of a programme with David Jason in called 'Ghost Boat'.

I do know that one of the NCL ships is suppose to be haunted and everyone that has stayed in the "haunted" room has experienced things. I read about it several years ago. I would have to research and see if it is the Dawn...but I do know it's one of their ships.

There is suppose to be weird things that even the crew see happening in the kitchen/dining area late at night when they are cleaning up too.

We will be on the Dawn in 6 months. This makes me want to look up what I was reading back then. I completely believe in life after death and things like this and I would completely freak out if I was to see it...friendly or not. :eek:

Does anyone know if anyone ever died on the ship?

Ghost stories on big ships is nothing new and actually quite common. When I toured the Queen Mary, there were endless ghost stories. But the amount of people who died on the ship was substantial.

Now if we could ever train these ghosts to scare away the chair hoggers, we would be in heaven ;)

Nice!

My story isnt as thrilling, but I either had a ghost or a mouse on the sky. (Im going with mouse tho)

My refrigerator cabinet was locked for some reason and in the middle of the night I would hear the fridge door open and bang into the cabinet. Then I would hear the bottles jingle around. I never heard a mouse shuffling around tho.. ;)

Whatever it was it didnt scare her. The part about it thats weird is the part where the curtain stayed held up for a period of time as if someone held it. Anyone that has stayed in 9506 knows how the room is put together, the curtain is like 8 feet wide and seperates the bedroom and living room, its not just a light thin thing that moves easy, its heavy.

And again, i had the experience of 'something/someone' sitting on the bed next to me. The wife and I are not quick to believe things of this sort at all just so everyone knows, but there was something going on in that room.

It didnt ruin our vacation by any means, i just wish i had thought to ask the room steward if he had heard of any other stories about the dawn or that room..

THe part about the room numbers is a little freaky.....

I have heard stories about that cabin but forgot where I read it...yes I believe that there is something to it. However saying that I have been on the Dawn about 6 times but never had a cabin near that one and never saw anything strange....or maybe I did not want to see it....I am also a psychotherapist...and strange things have been documented like these to happen. :eek: yes it would freak me out friendly or not.

This pic is from the bedroom in 9506. It was our first Dawn cruise, and we were packed to go home. :( Are those still the same curtains/drapes behind the pocket doors? They were the same both times for us, but it's been a while since we've been in 9506.

1463685781051977359S600x600Q85.jpg

Yeap, those are still the same curtains. I was surprised how run down the room is getting. I guess it didnt get much attention after the refurbishment. The black laminate around the bar was delaminated and was showing wood...

But, anyway.. yeah those are the same curtains, we closed them every night along with the sliding doors. The sliding doors were latched as well, and the front balcony weather door was shut as well, so i am positive it was not wind. Seeing how large and heavy the curtains are, you can imagine how weird it was for her to see that, and they were held literally up to chest level as if someone was 'walking' under them you would think?

What a shame that they didn't 'spruce' it up at the same time. It was in great condition when we were there. We went before and after the wave incident. That must have been so scary.

Did your wife fall back to sleep after that happened? We never pulled the curtains or closed the door at night. I think hubby may have when he napped though.

Yeah, she was freaked a little but went to sleep just fine. Like i said, whatever it was was not harmful.. just. WEIRD. It didnt happen in the middle of the night, but she had come out of the bathroom to put her pajamas on, and was looking at the bed and saw it lift up with her peripheral vision. When she turned to her right to look, it was up, and just stayed up.

The room has really gone down hill from what i have read. The bathroom for guests smelled like urine the whole time and for whatever reason the steward was unable to remedy the smell. Possibly it was just the way the toilet water smelled.

It was an amazing 11 day cruise and we had a great time. I would however not spend the coin for an OS on the dawn again until they get refurbished. It just was not worth the cost in my opinion. Flor our butler was decent, but seemed put out a little sometimes. Unless i called her specifically for something she was simply non existant. Our concierge was much more present and helpful.

Archived