Ultimate Balcony Dining

xmasteach

Booked on the Caribbean princess, got upgraded to balcony. Ordered the UBD, wondering what would be a good evening to enjoy it? I understand that sea days crossing the Caribbean can be windy and may be rough. We are on the Caribe deck, forward. Any suggestions. Also what time 6 or8? Surprise for my love!:p

Booked on the Caribbean princess, got upgraded to balcony. Ordered the UBD, wondering what would be a good evening to enjoy it? I understand that sea days crossing the Caribbean can be windy and may be rough. We are on the Caribe deck, forward. Any suggestions. Also what time 6 or8? Surprise for my love!:p

I don't know your itinerary but I'd suggest a day in port if possible. That worked for us in Honolulu & Costa Rica but had it inside our cabin when the weather was bad in Santorini.

If you're planning on a surprise there will be a card in your cabin with instructions on how to reserve a date/time so get there first. They'll also call or come to your cabin to go over the menu & again make sure to make arrangements to keep it a secret.

Recently they allowed me to exchange the half bottle of champagne for a bottle of wine which also cost $32.

As for time, check when sunset will be and work around that. Plan on cocktails maybe 30 minutes before the scheduled sunset. Then you will be sitting down for dinner just as it's setting. You will have a second amazing view ( second to the person you sitting with! :D)

Obviously you will want it on a day that your side of the ship can SEE the sunset!

We have done balcony dinner 3 times now. Fabulous experience and you

both will enjoy ! Use www timeanddate dot com and you can search there for sunset times . We prefer the earlier time, as it is still light out

to begin with

Sherri

Your love will LOVE IT! Definately do the evening you are in Curacao. Caribe deck is nice and roomy. UBD is an awesome dinner and can be tailored to your preferences. After dinner go up to the Ultimate Deck Party for dancing and sailaway. Enjoy!

We were on the same cruise in January and did the UBD at 8:00pm on Curacao evening. That way there was no wind since we were not moving and as we were finishing up with dessert and coffee we were leaving. You might also look at the dining room menu and pick a night when it does not appeal to you.

How do you pre order the ultimate balcony dinner?

Call Princess to pre-pay for the UBD but it's not necessary & can only reserve a date/time on the ship.

I haven't been to Curaçao but in many ports it's not possible to know in advance which side of the ship is at the pier to be able to view the sunset.

We have a Caribe deck balcony for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone know if there would be enough room for dinner for 4 for the UBD? One of our friends will be celebrating a birthday, and we thought it might be nice to have a special dinner for her.:D

Thanks!

We have a Caribe deck balcony for our upcoming cruise. Does anyone know if there would be enough room for dinner for 4 for the UBD? One of our friends will be celebrating a birthday, and we thought it might be nice to have a special dinner for her.:D

Thanks!

Absolutely! They bring a square card table which if there's two of you is placed against the balcony railing but it can easily be moved back towards the cabin to accommodate four people. :D

Absolutely! They bring a square card table which if there's two of you is placed against the balcony railing but it can easily be moved back towards the cabin to accommodate four people. :D

Now we'll have to get her husband involved secretly so he can choose her menu and we can keep it as a surprise!;)

Ok sun sets at 6:11 at Curasao, so early time is preferred. Thanks for the tip. Any idea of how ship docks in Curasao? We are on the port side. I guess he will figure it out once he sees the invitation in the room.

Looking forward to this.

Upgrade fairy and UBD. :D

Booked on the Caribbean princess, got upgraded to balcony. Ordered the UBD, wondering what would be a good evening to enjoy it? :p

Some people say you can't sign up until you board and others say that you can preorder it but you have to prepay. But then suites get priority reservations for it. So, who gets first pick at the time and date?

We have done it several time and loved it. Have fun

Ok sun sets at 6:11 at Curasao, so early time is preferred. Thanks for the tip. Any idea of how ship docks in Curasao? We are on the port side. I guess he will figure it out once he sees the invitation in the room.

Looking forward to this.

Upgrade fairy and UBD. :D

When we were there and everytime I have viewed the Bridgecam while in Curacao, the PORT side has been facing land. We were on the Starboard side and looked out over the water. If you are Starboard and eat early, you should be able to view the sunset.

But we will still have a great view, and wonderful evening.

To reserve I called the Princess number, told them I wanted to order UBD, took my credit card number, and asked what night I wanted. Said there would be a card in room about it when we board. Asked me what special message I wanted on card.

The rep said they would contact me to plan the details once on board.

I'm so excited about being upgraded to Caribe balcony and the UBD, I can barely stand it. :D

Thanks!

Recently sailed on cp iin cribe deck, plenty of room but you have only 2 chairs & 2 ottmans. On Ruby you get 4 chairs.

Can you order the UBD for five? As long as there's enough balcony space?

(Wonder if they'd set up TWO tables, side-by-side, for that)

You sure can.

We once hosted the UBD for 8 on the balcony of a Vista Suite on The Golden and they brought a single 6ft long table.

Mike:)

Recently sailed on cp iin cribe deck, plenty of room but you have only 2 chairs & 2 ottmans. On Ruby you get 4 chairs.

We're sailing on the Emerald, so I think it will be similar to the Ruby. Really looking forward to this!:D

Archived