we just got this email from RCL .....

the email said:

ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS ABOUT TO REIMAGINE THE CULINARY EXPERIENCE

You and a guest are invited to be the firsts to discover this delectable journey which will introduce the extraordinary dining experiences onboard Quantum of the Seas when she debuts in November 2014.

Join us as we embark on a new world of culinary exploration

Wednesday, March 26th

1 - 3 pm

Location 05

509 West 34th Street

New York, NY 10001

#QuantumoftheSeas

the email said:

ROYAL CARIBBEAN IS ABOUT TO REIMAGINE THE CULINARY EXPERIENCE

You and a guest are invited to be the firsts to discover this delectable journey which will introduce the extraordinary dining experiences onboard Quantum of the Seas when she debuts in November 2014.

Join us as we embark on a new world of culinary exploration

Wednesday, March 26th

1 - 3 pm

Location 05

509 West 34th Street

New York, NY 10001

#QuantumoftheSeas

I just started a thread on the same subject. I received it also.

I just received this email as well but will not be in NYC those dates. I have colleagues who may be but it is not transferrable. Hopefully a CC member is able to attend and share the updates with us.

We are Diamond Plus and have not received an invitation e-mail. We haven't booked the Quantum, but are eager to book Anthem when it starts sailing from Ft Lauderdale.

MY GOODNESS! I just checked my e-mail and lo and behold! The invitation is there. It wasn't there ten minutes ago. Unfortunately we will be on a cruise on March 26, so we cannot attend.

Edited by Gangway Style

"this delectable journey which will introduce the extraordinary dining experiences "

Translation: more pay restaurants.

According to an article in this months AAA magazine there will be 10 dining options.

According to an article in this months AAA magazine there will be 10 dining options.

That is a lot of options. Years ago I was against the pay to eat venues but as the food got worse and the service slower in the MDR (due to servers having too many tables) I jumped on board. Now we rarely go in the MDR.

I guess I don't mind paying extra for MUCH better food and better service because the price of a cruise today is actually lower than it used to be back in the day.

And remember, they don't force you to pay to eat. They still have the MDR, Windjammer, Room Service and on most ships the Promenade Cafe and Pizza Place.

In my opinion, a cruise is still a good value for the $$$ on Royal Caribbean.