The biggest PG repeater

Emdee

Heard that the biggest PG repeater Michael Shapiro, Cruise Director, may not be on the PG repeaters cruise.

Very, very sad to hear that as most of the alums have sailed with him at one time or another. Seems almost sacreligious to me!

I hope that PG takes note of this and brings him on board.

Heard that the biggest PG repeater Michael Shapiro, Cruise Director, may not be on the PG repeaters cruise.

Very, very sad to hear that as most of the alums have sailed with him at one time or another. Seems almost sacreligious to me!

I hope that PG takes note of this and brings him on board.

Michael would be missed big time ............... he is part of the PG family we all love.

From what I understand he has to only stay on for three weeks and is willing to stay on.

He is so much part of the PG experience that it would be really sad for him not to be there.. I hope PG takes note of this.

I'm not sure we've cruised with him. I tend to forget CD's, although I do remember several that I have encountered on the PG, just not sure about Michael. Not a biggie for us, obviously, but if everybody else is so enthusiastic about him, I'd like him onboard.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

We met Michael last year and he was the first cruise director who I remember after taking a cruise. He is much more than just entertainment but is one of the leading PR employees representing PG. I hope they take notice of his impact and invites him to "repeat" with us!

I am going to send an email to my contacts at PG and ask nicely to reconsider. The president of the company wants him there so I really don't understand why the COO has a problem. Now I also understand that unless you were on a PG cruise within the past year you have no idea who Steve Wood is but let me reassure everyone that if Steve is indeed our CD on our cruise we will still have an awesome time as he is also a really great guy and great CD.

Politics suck in every company!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We too sure hope that Michael will be able to join us for the September Repeaters Cruise. Although we have not met Michael, we were so looking forward to meeting him because of all we have heard......and it sounds like he may have had a big role in turning many guests into Paul Gauguin "repeaters"!

As of now there is no new news. Next week I will compose a letter to PG and see if it goes anywhere. PG does read these boards so I have to think they are aware of everything being said here and how everyone feels. It seems that politics at PG is the same as everywhere else!

Is the regime that is keeping him away part of the Pia regime? Because I'd like to know which faction is winning out...I found there was a huge difference in attitude among a few "sacred cow" employees vs some of the others who would do anything for you. If they are treating those good folks like slaughter steer, it would affect my future choices to be a passenger with them again.

Is the regime that is keeping him away part of the Pia regime? Because I'd like to know which faction is winning out...I found there was a huge difference in attitude among a few "sacred cow" employees vs some of the others who would do anything for you. If they are treating those good folks like slaughter steer, it would affect my future choices to be a passenger with them again.

Family I don't believe that it's a dictatorship of any kind. It's just that someone who has not a cruise ship background does not understand how attached repeaters get to staff who they love...

My experience is they also keep some folks for inexplicable reasons who do not relate well or respond well to passengers, and if they are keeping more of those and less of the ones you folks have had great experiences with, it would affect my experience. I hope you get a chance to have the cruise you hope for!

My experience is they also keep some folks for inexplicable reasons who do not relate well or respond well to passengers, and if they are keeping more of those and less of the ones you folks have had great experiences with, it would affect my experience. I hope you get a chance to have the cruise you hope for!

Me too! Most of the ones we like will be back from their vacation.

From what I hear the staff are really looking forward to the repeaters cruise. When we are on board its really a lovefest for the first few hours. On a small ship this can make a big difference. The love fest also means that we are willing to forgive minor errors. When we arrive the first thing they say is "Welcome home" and honestly some of us feel that its our PG family. I think Motu can attest to that feeling as well.

Family - were you talking about Pia - the shore excursion last? My cruise in 2012 no one liked her!

Exactly! Based on the 180 her attitude was from everyone one else we met on board, we could not quite figure out which qualifications allowed her to have this position.:confused: It may be something we are not privy to or that passengers benefit from. We were not the only ones to feel this way on our 2013 cruise also...including someone who was the corporate organizer of a reward trip for a significant number of passengers. If you can't be nice to your biggest customers, certainly we peons have no hope of a polite or attentive response.;)

Unfortunate, because as I said, everyone else could not have been more wonderful. So whoever hired (and retains) her, if they are wresting more control of the onboard experience, I have less interest!

Me too! Most of the ones we like will be back from their vacation.

From what I hear the staff are really looking forward to the repeaters cruise. When we are on board its really a lovefest for the first few hours. On a small ship this can make a big difference. The love fest also means that we are willing to forgive minor errors. When we arrive the first thing they say is "Welcome home" and honestly some of us feel that its our PG family. I think Motu can attest to that feeling as well.

I know a lot of them enjoy welcoming you on board because when I mentioned your name to several, they knew immediately who you were and when you would sail next!!:D