how quickly do prices go up

janieb1962

Hi fellow cruisers

Does anyone have any experience of how fast the prices of cruises rise (or indeed possibly fall) once they have gone on sale. .

I'm thinking of holding out for extra OBC if I book on board.

I know its a risk to wait as I may not get exactly what I want interms of cabins etc..but will C deck on azura sell out that quickly?:confused: or the price shoot up in just two weeks.

All info gratefully received

How long is a piece of string.

Prices are dictated by how well a cruise is selling. The OBS/double OBS has finished for the moment,so prices may not go up for select fares in the 2 weeks frame you are looking at.

More to the point isn't C deck the one with the huge balconies. I am not sure cos I have never sailed on her. If they are those would be the ones that sell out first.

Nowadays its a games of swings and roundabouts ref prices. You could wait until you board and get the OBS, but then find the c deck cabins are gone. Which is more important to you the OBS or the size of the balcony, only you know the answer.

It's called fluid pricing and in my experience they can go up hourly if a cruise is proving very popular. It all depends on how much you want a particular cruise and cabin.

Hi fellow cruisers

Does anyone have any experience of how fast the prices of cruises rise (or indeed possibly fall) once they have gone on sale. .

I know its a risk to wait as I may not get exactly what I want interms of cabins etc..but will C deck on azura sell out that quickly?:confused: or the price shoot up in just two weeks.

Whilst I perfectly understand you not being sure, if it really is C deck you want I would consider just booking.

C deck is my utmost favourite deck on both Azura and Ventura. They are extremely popular because of their balcony size.

We had a really difficult time booking 2 cabins together for our cruise this December and we booked last September.

We did get them eventually but not what we originally wanted but still C deck. Xx

Hi fellow cruisers

You've got it in one - I reckon they will go up in mid-April and then certainly on 31st May (for P & O)

I think it really depends on the cruise. I booked an A deck (normal sized) balcony on Azura a couple of years ago and was upgraded to a C deck one. That was in school holidays too as it was before I retired.

As has already been said, if you want C deck, book it asap. We like the larger balconies on Ventura (C deck). However, if you want the best price, it has been our experience that once the final payment date has arrived, this is the time that prices can plummet. When we looked at a 14 night cruise to Norway, it was over £100 a night, we booked it about 6 weeks before the sail date and got it for £60 a night. If you have several ships going to the same places then you are more likely to get a good deal. And don't despair if you wait and see that all grades of cabin are "Sold out". We booked early on Azura for P&O's 175th anniversary and in no time at all it was showing "Sold out" on all grades of cabin, sometime later, with about 4 months to go, all, yes all, grades were available again. Also if you see a "last minute" cruise you fancy, that seems to be "sold out", It's worth calling your TA because they sometimes can secure a cabin for you. Happy Cruising :):)

Thanks everyone for your replies.

It just depends I guess, we booked for 26th December 2015 Azura cruise this year while on board in February 2015 and got two adjoining cabins on c deck (just what we wanted) but maybe that was just our good luck .

As we really want to take this cruise we have now pre registered for our desired cruise and cabins. Happy to pay the price quoted so that's fine, it would only have been an extra £2005 OBC. We always book a select fare in any case.

Another saving is the credit card charge of 1.5% if booking on board but equally we can pay by debit card instead for no charge (just the loss of either m&s or tesco points!) fingers crossed for me that I get my pre registration confirmed once the cruise goes on sale

Jane