Oman Day tours

anita75

They are a reputable company here in Muscat and other places in Oman.

Living here, I have not used them in conjunction with a cruise, but several times for visitors and business partners. All were happy and satisfied with the service.

• 4 months later...

We booked our day tour with Omandaytours back in February for the upcoming cruise, and they were professional, very responsive, and thorough. Based upon our research and then our communications with Oman, we are pleased with them and excited for our upcoming tour!

Mark and Ellice

We are 8 people on a cruise ship on our way to Oman. We booked a day tour with Oman tours, who were highly recommended to us. We are looking forward to spending a great day with them. They were most helpful in suggesting which tour we should select, so I feel confident we will have the best day. Will comment again after our tour.

I have booked three tours with Omandaytours.com (Muscat half-day tour, Wahiba Sands, and Khasab half day boat tour) and I am really satisfied, how professional, informative and quick they were when offering me different options. I will be on a cruise with my family in December 2015 in UAE/Oman, so I hope, I will be able to report an excellent service by them as well.

I have been dealing with Oman Day Tours for our upcoming Nautica cruise. We wanted to get out of Muscat and it is hard to know what is possible when you don't know the area. Oman Day Tours were excellent to deal with initially on the web. Their live chat was very helpful. Lobna and Sarah did a great job of guiding me through my choices and answering my myriad of questions. We finally settled for the half day tour of Nakhl Rustaq and then we have been able to add in two hour tour of Muscat. We were sad we didn't have time to go on a full day tour to Nizwa (the ships are not always in the ports long enough!) but what Oman Day Tours has put together looks to be an interesting tour giving us a real sense of Oman rather than just looking at Muscat. Their prices are good and their communication by email was answered promptly. The only criticism is that I sometimes had to ask more than once to get the full details of the information I was needing in order to make a decision. Overall I would rate them very highly for their patience and their emphasis on working through the choices with me, and then delivering the best option possible that met what I wanted to see, within the timeframe we will have in Muscat. Well done.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked a tour with Oman Day Tours. Our guide Sayed was wonderful, he spoke excellent English and tried to be creative as our tour was on a Friday where everything closed at 11:30, so we were unable to enter any site, and could only view them from the outside. Nevertheless we had a lovely day as Muscat is just beautiful. I highly recommend this tour company.

• 4 weeks later...

I think you can book Oman Day Tours with confidence. They come very highly recommended by Trip Advisor and so we decided to book with them. I had very many questions which Sarah, the Operations Manager, dealt with quickly and efficiently. I even chatted with her via her website and she was very helpful, effective and left me in no doubt as to what to expect. We're about to go on a cruise which will visit Salalah and we will do the East and West Salalah excursion with them. I'm sure that we're in for a very good time, judging from what I've experienced so far. They seem to be a highly reputable and professional company so I would say that you will be more than OK to book with them. Their prices compare very favourably with those offered by the cruise lines. :)

Best wishes,

Pauline

About to embark on Splendour of the Seas 28/11/15

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Cruisers,

we are preparing our 7 days cruise in the Arabic Golf. Ports of call are Dubai, Mascat and Abu Dhabi. At Mascat, we book a full day tour for 4 to the Jebel Sharms Montains in the upcountry. We have are very good booking experience with Oman Day Tours. Our request was replied very soon, on all questions we got friendly and quick replies from Sarah :). We also request another company with bad experience, no answer :confused:, so it was easy to decide for Oman Day Tours.

We look foreward to have a pleasant tour with them, I will inform about our tour :cool:.

Best Regards from Germany,

Manfred

I will be in Oman through cruise ship and will stop at Salalah and Muscat, I am trying to book my shore excursions their , Any one used Oman Day tours from their ?

Anita75, we are also stopping in Muscat and Salalah in 2016 (Rotterdam). We have booked with Oman Day Tours for an excursion in Salalah because of the outstanding reviews it has received by Cruise Critic cruisers :D. They responded quickly to my initial email and follow up questions and we anticipate a terrific excursion!

FYI for folks. In Muscat, the taxi stand has fixed rates for private hire.

10 RO per hour for the first three hours. Then 7 RO after that. We split a cab with another couple and had a bit of a whistle stop tour. We could have gone inside places though since it was our own itinerary. I probably would have preferred a tour, but wanted to share the price as of November 2015.

• 4 weeks later...
I think you can book Oman Day Tours with confidence. They come very highly recommended by Trip Advisor and so we decided to book with them. I had very many questions which Sarah, the Operations Manager, dealt with quickly and efficiently. I even chatted with her via her website and she was very helpful, effective and left me in no doubt as to what to expect. We're about to go on a cruise which will visit Salalah and we will do the East and West Salalah excursion with them. I'm sure that we're in for a very good time, judging from what I've experienced so far. They seem to be a highly reputable and professional company so I would say that you will be more than OK to book with them. Their prices compare very favourably with those offered by the cruise lines. :)

Best wishes,

Pauline

About to embark on Splendour of the Seas 28/11/15

I also booked a tour with Oman Day Tours. They were very professional and responded very fast to my emails. We are looking forward to our tour with them in May.:):):)

Hello Cruisers,

we are preparing our 7 days cruise in the Arabic Golf. Ports of call are Dubai, Mascat and Abu Dhabi. At Mascat, we book a full day tour for 4 to the Jebel Sharms Montains in the upcountry. We have are very good booking experience with Oman Day Tours. Our request was replied very soon, on all questions we got friendly and quick replies from Sarah :). We also request another company with bad experience, no answer :confused:, so it was easy to decide for Oman Day Tours.

We look foreward to have a pleasant tour with them, I will inform about our tour :cool:.

Best Regards from Germany,

Manfred

We are back from our cruise.

We were appointed at 10.a.m. at the gate of the Mascat port.

The gate is a door with 1 meter in width!

We were there at 9:45 a.m.. We wait until 10:45, look around, ask everybody, especially all 4WD drivers. Around 50 Taxis and other 4WD companies stayed there, waiting for customers.

But nobody from Oman Day Tours. Nobody at the phone, also a local tried to reach them. No answer on our mail.

Later on they answerd to my Mail and claim, a driver was waiting there. But, after more than 70 visited cruiseports we´re not too stupid to find a driver at a port gate.

Well booking experience - No driver at the meetingpoint - Never again!

Edited by alpha1hit

• 3 weeks later...

We were there at 9:45 a.m.. We wait until 10:45, look around, ask everybody, especially all 4WD drivers. Around 50 Taxis and other 4WD companies stayed there, waiting for customers.

But nobody from Oman Day Tours. Nobody at the phone, also a local tried to reach them. No answer on our mail.

Later on they answerd to my Mail and claim, a driver was waiting there. But, after more than 70 visited cruiseports we´re not too stupid to find a driver at a port gate.

oh no. So sorry to hear that. Maybe there was a misunderstanding on the meeting point????

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We used them for both ports in December: Make sure you have clarification for the pickup location as it is different in both ports. Muscat was a little confusing as we had a full 50 pax bus which was a little late arriving at the port gate. They were very accommodating in insuring that we saw everything specified on the tours plus one additional stop at the camel market. I would highly recommend Oman Tours . Make sure you have American Dollars dated 2009 or newer

Enjoy your visit

Dave

He would have been there... Muscat has 2 gates.

The taxis are at the first. The buses at the second.

We know because we almost ended up like you.thankfully a taxi driver who spoke good English put us straight.

Our bus driver was ready to go too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

We will be in Oman on the Constellation Friday 6 March and looking at doing a half day Muscat tour in an A.c vehicle with Oman Day Tours who seem to come highly recommended .

Is anyone interested in joining us? I'm not very good at using Cruise Critic. You can contact me at lynne underscore bowes at yahoo dot com dot au

Cheers

Hi

We will be in Oman on the Constellation Friday 6 March and looking at doing a half day Muscat tour in an A.c vehicle with Oman Day Tours who seem to come highly recommended .

Is anyone interested in joining us? I'm not very good at using Cruise Critic. You can contact me at lynne underscore bowes at yahoo dot com dot au

Cheers

I suggest you post in the Roll Call for your cruise, you are more likely to get responses there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums