Allure - TA 25th Oct Live(ish) Pics, vids, maybe Periscopes and thoughts.

papcx

Hi All.

In 2008 we, that's me Paul and my (practically DW) Jean, we're looking for a holiday. Didn't really know what we wanted when Jean's friend showed us a deal on a 7 night Med cruise. Balcony cabin, with flights, on Costa Magica. Looks interesting, looks a good deal (it wasn't) so we did it! WOW, We were hooked. Loved every minute of it. The whole ship experience, the food, the service, the entertainment. And a different port every day with new iconic sites to see.

I was amazed by the engineering marvel that was the ship. How can they do something so big? Build it and get it to float. Operate it safely and so easily? The logistics of disembarking and embarking so many guests with luggage in such a small window of time. The planning behind the food and drink orders and getting it aboard. Stunning.

Then life got in the way, and it was 2012 before we took another cruise. Msc's Poesia. About the same size, but newer and even more stunning IMO. The ship was again fantastic, with great food, great service and in this case absolutely stunning entertainment.

After this I was obsessed. Another couple of cruises were booked and I read everything I could find. I learnt that the Costa Magica and MSC Poesia were mid-sized ships! What, even bigger ships were out there? Then I read about the Oasis class. An unhealthy attraction was born. Royal Promenade's, Central Park, zip lines. It all seems so unbelievable. I looked at cruising on the Oasis or her (slightly) larger sister. 7 nights around the Caribbean - sorry, not for that price! Ah, well, keep dreaming. Maybe one day.

Then, in 2014, the Oasis is coming to Europe for a dry dock and some Med cruises. Sorry, still to much for my liking. Ah, well, keep dreaming. Maybe one day.

2015, the Allure needs a dry dock and is doing some Med cruises. Still to pricey. Hold on, what's this? The repositioning looks pretty good value for 12 nights. DW takes some convincing but we book it!

And now, 20 months later, it's almost time. We've done a few cruises in the mean time, including the amazing Anthem, truly amazing Anthem, but it's now time to finally experience the phenomenon that is the Oasis class.

So 4 weeks today, we will fly to Barcelona and embark the mind blowing Allure of the Seas for 12 nights to Fort Lauderdale. One port of call only, Malaga, so loads of time onboard. There's a very active roll call and a brilliant web page created and maintained by Karen. Have a look at http://allureta.weebly.com

I've purchased a internet package so the best way to test that Voom connection would be a live(ish) review. So I'm going to try to post pictures, try some YouTube vids and my thoughts throughout the cruise. Might do some periscoping if there's any interest.

This is what all the fuss is about

a98c9cab21e6b5c7ea0c6057826eb1ef.jpg

80f04ba1bb7d534a657132358a41596b.jpg

And 12 nights to enjoy it

c689f38601f50509898e8fefccffbbc0.jpg

So in the interests of performing a public service, for anyone who's still with me this far down the page, is there anything anyone wants to know. I'll do my best to report back with answers.

And if anyone has any tips for enjoying the Allure, please share.

you're right...Karen has done a fantastic job!

She did, and she's very humble about it too.

I've decided to try and follow in her footsteps and I've done a page for my Epic cruise next year.

We're on that cruise, too. I am looking so forward to the ship. Are you bringing a Halloween costume?

Not sure about a costume, have to check with DW.

I have never seen the second picture and am wondering what is on top of deck 17? Is that two lap pools?

Not sure, I just pulled the picture from goggle.

Hi papcx: I am soooo excited for you!!!!

Please be sure to post the info for your cruise on the thread (see link below) so we can all be on the look out for your Live (ish) review (even if you don't periscope your intorduction makes me want to check out your review...:cool:

Here's the link to post your cruise info: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2258630

Would love to see a live from Periscope. :D What name should I look under.

I will also follow along on this board. Look forward to it. Enjoy your cruise.

Kath

Hi Kath.

My username is @papcx

I'll do what I can if the Voom internet lives up to its billing. There's a little confusion as to if we have it on a TA.

I will try though.

• 3 weeks later...

Subscribing as we'll be on the Allure in the Spring and love hearing about other's experiences. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like it's a trip long in the making and well deserved. Enjoy your cruise. Love that you have your own link of countdown, etc.

Thanks for posting your trip, we will be on Allure Jan 31 2016. Will be our second time. She is Fantastic, Central Park is amazing. Watch at night for entertainment being held in the Park.

Also sailed Anthem this past June Western Med for 14 nights, again what a ship!

If possible, not sure your level with RCCL, but could you check out the Diamond Club and give your thoughts? not sure after the redo if anything has changed.

Thanks! :)

Hi !!! Thank you for updating us, for sure there will be plenty of pics and info... so here is my question:

What do you think i should do or take to celebrate Halloween on board just like Americans do?? I am italian and i' m planning a TA for next year!! [emoji2]

Thank you and have a great time!!!

Inviato dal mio SM-J100H utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi !!! Thank you for updating us, for sure there will be plenty of pics and info... so here is my question:

What do you think i should do or take to celebrate Halloween on board just like Americans do?? I am italian and i' m planning a TA for next year!! [emoji2]

Thank you and have a great time!!!

Hi saskiapaci.

Thanks for the question. I'm afraid I'm not really into Halloween that much. But I will report back on what happens onboard.

Hi saskiapaci.

Thanks for the question. I'm afraid I'm not really into Halloween that much. But I will report back on what happens onboard.

Thank you!!!!!! So you have to take loooots of pictures for me, my kids will enjoy halloween on board even though it' s a very long way to go!!!!

[emoji2]

This is just what I need while waiting 28 days to board the Anthem. Allure was by far my favorite ship and best cruise. The ship is amazing. Hands down nothing compares to the Oasis class of ship. You will thoroughly enjoy the different neighborhoods. Take your time and explore each one. Whoever was the mastermind behind the neighborhoods was just brilliant. Genius to have different options so there's not a traffic jam every time you turn around.

Check out the hot dog place on the Boardwalk. There not just hot dogs but different kinds of delicious bratwurst. Grab a bag of chips from Park Cafe on your way to the hot dog place.

Learn the different places that have food. If one has a line find another. I rarely waited in line for food. So many options.

Thanks for your LIVE review. I look forward to it.

Edited by cynt

Good morning all.

So our restful afternoon and evening in Manchester Airport was lovely. A couple of drinks before dinner. Nice food and a couple more drinks.

Then a very unrestful nights sleep. So much for an extra hour! I'm so excited, after 20 months waiting for this amazing ship is here! The 5:30 alarm came far too soon and we're up and out.

Airport security is a breeze and we're now sat eating a rather nice full English breakfast.

A few more hours and we'll be aboard.

I'll get to test the Internet connection and start putting up some pics.

Anything in particular anyone needs?