Breakaway this Sunday weather outlook

JAMESCC

My laptop died so I haven't been able to keep on cruise news for like a week or 2. How does the weather or more importantly hurricane forecast look from Breakaway to Bermuda this Sunday October 2nd? I haven't seen anything crazy coming but I'm sure the smart purple on here will been up on things more than me. Thanks for any info.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

My laptop died so I haven't been able to keep on cruise news for like a week or 2. How does the weather or more importantly hurricane forecast look from Breakaway to Bermuda this Sunday October 2nd? I haven't seen anything crazy coming but I'm sure the smart purple on here will been up on things more than me. Thanks for any info.

Nothing Tropical but a 40-50 % chance of rain in Bermuda.

The computer spaghetti charts: http://www.queerkey.com/

Have Tropical storm Matthew venturing that way.

It's at least 7 days to the Bahamas and a lot can and will happen by them. A hurricane rarely survives interaction with Cuba and/or Hispaniola. I expect it to be knocked down and it's predicted northward track to change by then.

Thank you,I hope so. We went to Bermuda on explorer of the seas 2 summers ago and were supposed to be three a day and a half but started like 10 hours because of a hurricane. I'm glad we left though because we would have been in 30 foot seas. Captain was AWESOME, kept everyone informed on every move we made and why. Did a video on where we'd be if we left on time and what the sea conditions would have been. Scary stuff.

I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night and that Matt guy may reach Bermuda but your ship will have left by then.

That would be incorrect.

The Breakaway will not arrive in Bermuda until Wednesday and not leave until Friday. Mathew is forecast to take a 90 turn north as it reaches Jamaica an could pass right over Bermuda just about the time the Breakaway is in port.

Given the uncertain storm's track beyond 72 to 96 hours and the imprecise nature of long-range weather forecast, just sail onward to Bermuda - as there's quite a few hundred nautical miles of distance between Bahamas and Bermuda ... storm will take at least several more days to get anywhere near for the worst of the storm to impact the islands.

Those heading to Nassau for short 3 or 4 days this weekend & early next week, on different ships. Travelers and residents in the southeast U.S. would be more concerned for next week than those in / going to Bermuda.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/085840.shtml?5-daynl#contents

It is still, Hurricane season, duh !

That would be incorrect.

The Breakaway will not arrive in Bermuda until Wednesday and not leave until Friday. Mathew is forecast to take a 90 turn north as it reaches Jamaica an could pass right over Bermuda just about the time the Breakaway is in port.

If (big if) the path goes as predicted, and with any strength, it would be passing through the Bahamas Tuesday and be just north of the Bahamas Wednesday. I think it might chase Breakaway from Bermuda early (for the third time!) , but you would still likely get 2 days there. A lot can change before then. Keep watching.

If (big if) the path goes as predicted, and with any strength, it would be passing through the Bahamas Tuesday and be just north of the Bahamas Wednesday. I think it might chase Breakaway from Bermuda early (for the third time!) , but you would still likely get 2 days there. A lot can change before then. Keep watching.

Hoping the 10/2 and the 10/9 Breakaway cruises experience the best weather possible.

Storms stink, but we are in the hurricane season.

was on the 9/18 BA....Captain left Bermuda 3 hours early on 9/23 - a great call by him to do so...still have customers complaining that day that we missed out on 3 hours. REALLY!!!!

Thanks for the responses. Matthew seems to be in limbo at the moment as to where she will head. Leaving early is ok with me, better than being in really rough seas. On Explorer of the seas we left Bermuda early and that was an awesome call by the captain. Would have been in 30 foot seas. No thanks on that.

Thanks for the responses. Matthew seems to be in limbo at the moment as to where she will head. Leaving early is ok with me, better than being in really rough seas. On Explorer of the seas we left Bermuda early and that was an awesome call by the captain. Would have been in 30 foot seas. No thanks on that.

The reality is you aren't going to know for sure until you are on the ship and then it most likely won't be until last minute.

The reality is you aren't going to know for sure until you are on the ship and then it most likely won't be until last minute.

Yeah so true. As I type this I am watching "the weather channel" and what commercial comes on, MSC cruise commercial. Kinda ironic.